I ching

Since yesterday I’ve downloaded an I ching application, it’s called deepware changes I ching. And I’m completely blown away by how accurate it is! I’m using the 3 coins methods and the tap method and I have a 90% success rate! I honestly didn’t believe in digital divination because I had tried with tarot and oracles but it didn’t work at all! But with iching it’s completely different! I’m truly impressed! The only bad thing I find about iching is the explanations of the hexagrams… It’s always written in some poetic and complicated style which makes it really difficult to understand… Unlike tarot where you can find very simple and straight to the point card descriptions. So, what’s your opinion on iching? And is it truly less influencable than cartomancy? Is it even influencable at all?

4 Likes

I love the I Ching, it was my first form of divination when I was 12. I appreciate it’s ease and simplicity.

If you’re serious about the I Ching you should buy the Wilhelm/Baynes translation.

1 Like

The Taro is more long term, the I Ching is more short term and pedestrian.

I agree on the Wilhelm/Baynes translation but also highly recommend The Complete Idiot’s Guide to the I Ching.

Al.

2 Likes

Hi the statements in white, name given by Richard and then Gradual Development.
Is that from the I ching, meaning can I take that as an answer?

Wind over the mountain.

“As the wind blows away the dust of the mountain, and so decreases it’s size. So the wise man is patient in his gradual progress.”

1 Like

@Freespirit Hi, yes it is. For each question you get 1 or 2 hexagrams, sometimes the first hexagram has a few additional lines to add details. If you want to know more about a specific hexagram look it up on Google. Don’t look it up by name, look it up by number since they sometimes have different names. For example in your case you can Google hexagram 53.

However, normally in “related concepts” you must have some keywords! See below:

Also, I’ve been asking why I was afflicted by a particular injury and as answer I got a single hexagram which meant immobility. This was so true! I was always told that my nerve couldn’t heal if I didn’t exercise so I definitely need to move! I’m still blown away by the accuracy of the answers!

1 Like

Thanks Lola, so does waiting nourishment apply to your situation, does that best sum it up

2 Likes

@Freespirit Yes I think so. Out of curiosity I was asking what does my spirit lover want me to do with some digital diary I write about him, so I think “waiting (nourishment)” means he wants me to keep them.

2 Likes

What about moving lines? You get them? What about the inner hexagrams?

Al.

1 Like

@Uncle-Al yes I have the moving lines and about the inner hexagram I’m not sure what it is.

Sister,

The Inner Hexagram:
Line 6
Line 5
Line 4 right down to Line 1 at the bottom.

Make the inner hexagram with lines:
5,4 and 3 at the top and lines 4,3 and 2 at the bottom.
Feel free to workout the meaning of inner hexagrams.

Al.