I can't keep going like this (cigarettes addiction)

I stopped smoking a year ago. I worked with Belial for this and he sent basically a cessation program from work. Nicotine patches and gum, combined with a sigil an meditation ritual will do the trick.

I know the desperation it causes, but don’t be too hard on yourself. Wanting to quit is already a victory. So, keep going.

I’ve been addicted to certain things, not substances though. I used to meditate alot and it helped. Theres this spirit that has always been with me, idk who he is but he teaches me stuff and guides me ( not my spirit guide tho) when I ask for help and he helped me with it to an extent. I made a spell jar to lower my anxiety because I engaged in said activity as a distraction from the anxiety.

I hope you get help with the addiction. Good luck :slight_smile:

Hi friend, I’m sorry to read this.

I found that Bualu from The Angels of Omnipotence has a pretty good sigil for “Overcoming Your Vice”. You can combo this with other such as “Increase will power”, for example, to boost your chances of success.
It really seems that you are intrested in solving this issue, so I’m pretty sure that these angels can help you greatly in this.
Try to work with this for at least a week, for me it worked (it wasn’t cigarettes, luckly, but it worked).

Hope this helps
Best of luck!

From my experience:

Keep trying. If you fall off the wagon. Get back on. It might take a few tries to stick. I had to try four times before I stayed stopped.

Know your enemy. Nicotine is highly addictive. You are going to have cravings. They will lessen, but they will hit you out of the blue, so you have to be prepared for those crisis moments. Yes, that is the bad news. But the cravings only last for a couple of minutes. You can get through that. You can do this.

Get all the help you can. Call one of those smoking cessation program numbers. Get a prescription for the patch. Some nicotine gum or lozenges might really help you get through those moments.

I would be very careful about considering vaping. You can’t vape and patch at the same time. Don’t vape if you’re going to trade addictions. Vaping is burning chemicals and also not good for your lungs. If the main reason you smoke is that hit of nicotine, vaping addiction will just replace your cigarette addiction.

Vaping worked great for me because I enjoy smoking as something to do with my hands, and also socially. So I didn’t get addicted to the vape. Vaping is something to do when my craving gets triggered, i.e. when other people pull out cigarettes, when I see them on TV, when I go out for coffee.

Think about your day. Make a list of the settings that trigger your need to smoke. Change those settings. Get your car cleaned and detailed if you ever smoked in it. Don’t go to friend’s houses where they and/or you ever smoked for awhile until you’re solid. I had to hang out with different people on lunch break at work. It’s a sacrifice. But you need to do it if you want to succeed. Get real. You need to do this stuff.

Go for it! You’re worth it.

Smoke 4 today, starting after 7pm. Then, 2 tomorrow. You stop the day after. And be ready because the desire to smoke won’t go away.

1 Like

My significant other was addicted to smoking from a young age pretty severely. She replaced cigs with vaping, and then gradually reduced how much she vaped, and finally she’s completely free now. It’s nice to think about just quitting cold turkey but switching to vaping makes it more realistic for a lot of people. Plus you can buy different nicotine strength vape juices, and reduce your nicotine intake that way over time.

3 Likes

yeah, i need to quit too

I was just going to tag you. Glad I looked first. Op He’s Secret weapon was me threatening g him and telling him no all the time :joy:

3 Likes

This advice is fine if you dont wanna be addicted to cigarettes and would be fine being addicted to nicotine.
Nicotine is a carcinogen and addictive so I would never recommend that but thats what my friends do.

I actually have a friend who is quitting nicotine and its been tough for him. Ive taken a few hits when im with my friends but its really not my thing, it makes me sick.

Belial is really good with addiction call on him.

1 Like

It took my many attempts to quit.

The best advice I can give is don’t give up quiting. Even if it doesn’t work out you still have another chance to stop.

3 Likes

My advice is to go slow and controlled. Here in scandinavia we have something called snus, its basically tobacco put under your lip as the nicotine will go into your blood through the gums, it can sting alot. I used to both smoke and use snus. Cigarettes i quit to only 1 in the morning with the coffee and eventually doing that and sticking to it i could quit completely. With the snus i was way more patient, my long term goal was to quit completely but i started only doing 7 out of the usual 22 a day for a week to get used to it and then cut it to 5 a week after and kept that steady, only 5 a day for 2 months.

Here is the cheat code though. There have been anecdotal accounts of this aswell as my own experience, when you fast you dont notice any cravings or withdrawals at all from nicotine. I fasted for 31 days, only drinking water or tea and i didnt even notice i had quit nicotine for now more than a month. It became the easiest thing i have ever quit. So i would advice anyone to fast while doing it.

I didn’t do cigarettes but I used to vape nicotine (back before the juuls) back in high school and college. I had one of the box things so I could blow fat clouds. I amused myself with that a lot but I was draining myself financially between vape juice alcohol and weed on a college student budget, and even more than that, I felt like I was being controlled by the cravings. I’d rush home straight away after class just to take a few rips and then go back to campus. I didn’t carry it around because I was ashamed.

At some point I just stopped buying juice. Cold turkey doesn’t work for me with weed but with nicotine the dose wasn’t too high so it wasn’t too bad. It sucked for a few days but after that it was pretty much done. This was like sophomore year. Later on I’d take nic hits at parties and be fine. Weed is what brings out the monster. Gotta find what works for you.

I suggest not being like some people I knew, though. They were always saying, “once this happens, then I’ll quit.” If you’re gonna do that, fucking do it. If you fall off the wagon, that’s not a big deal so long as you get back on. No reason to punch yourself for having the strength to face some real nasty shit your mind can throw at you.

You should absolutely do magick to support your intention with this as well, if I even need to say that.

So sad to read you’re feeling like this… I sincerely feel you cause i am on the same bandwagon… BUT I have quit before for decent amounts of time and have resorted to pick it back up just out of pure BOREDOM, seriously!! But I’ll tell you what help me AND my hubby (who has a VERY bad habit with them cigarettes as much as I do)… we used to get these generic, skin colored patches (Habitrol or GSMS) and no matter how many we put, we always ended up picking that cigarette up and quitting the “detox”… UNTIL I got another generic as well, clear patch Rugby… for some weird reason these also generic patches DID help to the point where we actually did quit for a few months post treatment!! I got them on ebay… I sincerely hope this helps you a bit, it helped me and my hubby and if it helped US (serious New York Newport cigarette addicts)… it might just help you my friend. That and some distraction OUTSIDE on Nature Walks could do WONDERS for you. Couple that with some Chamomille tea in the mornings and Sleepy Time teas at night before bedtime (maybe some Nyquill too), read a book and you have a good regimen to ease anxiety and help with sleep at night . And if you got a spirit friend, even better. Best of lucks to you and lots of loving, bright, guiding lights your way!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Welcome @DjMom It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3

How long has it been?

Nicotine patch, haven’t had a cig in an hour I think

1 Like

I smoked my friends nicotine things and I was sick the rest of the day, i threw up three times and my nerves were fucked up, I do not recommend nicotine lol

2 Likes

I second Veil’s suggestion of Allen Carr’s book ‘easyway to quit smoking’.

It worked for me (effortlessly) and also for a bunch of my friends. I tried all the nicotine based cigarette substitutes, they only kept me hooked and miserable. I’m not saying it’s impossible to quit that way - but it was for me.

Good luck!

1 Like

I know he’s not really known for this, but would you consider working with Shaz (Shax)?

I’ve been smoking on and off for 18 years, mostly on. I’d manage to quite for a few weeks to a few months here and there, but I always went back to cigarettes. Until recently I’d been smoking half a pack a day and I wanted to quit but I just couldn’t, the cravings were too strong, and the habit of going outside to smoke really started getting ingrained.

A couple of weeks ago I did the Master Curse, which has you call on Shaz for the first 3 days of the curse. I know it’s completely unrelated, but after I did the curse I had a cigarette and it tasted awful. I didn’t even want it. The second day of the curse cigarettes were absolutely vile to me. On the morning of day three I quit completely. Again, I know the Master Curse has nothing to do with smoking cessation, but I absolutely feel the link between working with Shaz and developing a desire to quit.

It’s now been two weeks that I’m completely off cigarettes. I had two or three cravings during this time, but they weren’t strong enough to temp me to go buy a pack. I walked by someone smoking the other day, which would usually trigger a craving for me, but instead the smell made me want to throw up. I thank Shaz for that.

Good luck in whatever route you decide to take.

1 Like

Laser therapy is a viable option, thats been on my mind as well. Ive quit numerous times, only by stress to pick it back up. Not any sttress, but a ton of stress would make me buy a pack again. Considering lungs and heart issues in my DNA, its in my best interest to quit as well.
That angelic mantra, Ive found it hard to stay high off weed and hard to choke down a cigarette, I think that is a viable option as well.

Good luck! You can do it!!

1 Like