I am done with magic(probably)

Your sobriety seems to be a major step in your ascent. Thanks for sharing, congratulations and every encouragement for your future progress. :+1:

2 Likes

I agree, as someone who is non practicing and has almost 120 days sobriety under their belt it DOES make a difference to my state of mind.

2 Likes

@A_Pariah, Adam, has a point. One’s greatest strength comes from that point perfectly between oppositional forces with in the null point, all things become possible, and, while being drunk, magick can work in a functional way, I submit that the results would have been much better if the caster had been operating within that null point mindset.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure every angel can create passionate sex. :wink:

1 Like

It seems that my comment ruffled some feathers (whoops). I won’t apologize for or take back my statement but I also don’t want derail this thread even more. So: :ok_hand:t2:

5 Likes

You’re fine, and you made a valuable point because substances can open the mind in ways. Overdoing it however doesn’t do any good but you shouldn’t have to feel like you said anything to upset anyone you just added to the conversation and sparked some debate.

1 Like

Thanks for the thoughts. Since you know the language so well it probably wouldn’t resonate with you.

Having said that, these books tend to be among the most respected and purported to be among the most effective of any I’ve seen. For myself, DoM and Angels of Wrath have been some of the most powerful I’ve used so far.

As for the mistakes, did you read the whole book? In the intro to DoM, Gordon talks a bit the concept of “smudging” where mistakes were left in on purpose because sigils can often be imbued with power over time and many magical uses, and so the “mistake” version can end up becoming more powerful than the original correct version in some cases.

People resonate with different things so your experience is different from mine (which makes sense since we have different backgrounds.) I highly recommend all the GoM books I’ve used so far.

2 Likes

@Kokot_Kiuh I can’t pretend to know exactly what you’re going through on the alcohol struggle. I’ve never experienced an addiction like that, but I saw it first hand with someone I loved very much. I watched a beautiful person (who meant the world to me) slowly destroy herself and make bad decision after bad decision while under the influence of alcohol.

In her case (and I think many others) there was also a root trauma that pushed her in the direction of addiction. If she had addressed hers, the person I loved might still be around today.

One possible suggestion for you: while working in your Magick, if you or a spirit can help you identify the source of the trauma and begin to address it (will likely be painful) you might find that your overall Magick will reach a big level up. I want to see you reach your goals. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I went thorough all of gordon books couse i thought
It might have been a mistake in one book and then checked gom books and freaked out!!! The thought of all the pepole getting the wrong guidance and who knows what agony they’ll go through becouse i thought both of them have been reading couple kabbalah books made a quick translation and didn’t go deeper enough to know what they are writing about,and i got panicked lol.
But to hear that from you gave me a huge relief if that’s the case.
Thank you for clearing that up for me​:+1::+1::+1:
and you were also right that i can’t connect to them since i know how it should be,i wouldn’t be able to follow the instructions.:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I agree with @anon18450039, in my experience with the GoM’s books about 70% of the workings I’ve done with them have worked, and the times it didn’t was because what I wanted was extremely unlikely to happen or there was some fault on my part, but I’ve never had any backlash from my workings, just positive experiences, so I really wouldn’t worry about it.

3 Likes

I miss booze :sob:.

i’ve been reading about jeliel and yes the angel have more than one gifts to give,try
to look for information in the net.
don’t give up on magick,the more you work on it,the more you’re inner strenght grow!!
it’s like body building but here you build youre skills!!!

1 Like

You my friend are again one of those whose mind wanders immensely. As I browse over your created topics they denote of lack of knowledge, lack of discipline, lack of focus and a sprinkling of desperation.

Not necessarily bad things depending on your point of view since we all start somewhere, but I believe YOU are your own stumbling block.
Take some time away from Magick all together and do plenty of meditation.

Listen to the inner you and what you really want. Make a list. Start with where you are and end it with where you want to be. Fill in the middle with all the baby steps it takes to get there and layer them so each successive step builds upon the next.

Then come back to magick. Learn about the demons, ancients, angels etc that you believe will help you on those steps and start putting your life back together.

2 Likes

Sounds like you may want to consider a few things:

1. Might be a time for a dry spell, not just with alcohol. You may need a break from magic as well, perhaps for a month or so. I think everyone who has been practicing for years has needed a break every now and then (I certainly have). Take the time to focus on you and get your body into being healthy.

2. Work with a different class of spirits. If one group isn’t helping you, perhaps you need to explore others who may be more inclined to work with you. Not every spirit is going to be interested in your endeavors.

3. Work on your mentality and confidence. This can be done via mindful mediation when you are down in the dumps (critically exploring the source of it all and asking what it has that strong of a hold on you) and by achieving smaller goals that lead up to bigger ones. This is why I actually write a monthly goal list and then break it down to a weekly goal list to help me focus on smaller parts as opposed to the bigger picture, which can be overwhelming. Learning to control your mind is a key to magic, in my opinion.

It happens to a lot of us my friend and I hope this helps in some way.

1 Like

Have you tried to change multiple things at once?

The reason I asked is that it can get convoluted if you try to change too many things at once instead of focusing on changing one thing at a time.

The other thing that may be happening, is that your subconscious doesn’t want what your conscious mind does for some reason.

Your subconscious will always win in the end, so do some inner work like speaking to that part if yourself and ask it if this result is what it wants and wait for an answer.

If it doesn’t, ask why and then explain all the benefits that this result will give you and why its a good idea for this to happen in your life.

Also to help retrain your subconscious to be on board with your magic, you can create an NLP script that supports your efforts, record yourself reading it, and then listen to it on loop on your phone or computer when you sleep or meditate.

It doesn’t have to be loud, just a slight whisper where you can barely hear it will do the trick.

Once your subconscious is on board with your magic, it will be a whole new ball game.

I also recommend the video called God Doesn’t Care by a youtube occultist by the name of mindandmagick that gives a good explanation of the law of attraction and how the “divine fills your orders.”

2 Likes

shit i feel the same but is there any other way to go?i mean personally im practicing magic to get myself out of this shit hole
and i fail every fucking day
fuuuuuck it

I feel the same. I’ve had a string of life altering events happen recently and now I’m in a hole that will take forever to get out of. Wasted years off my life.

I’ve tried everything to heal my injury, find a job that doesn’t make me hurt so I can save to leave this shitty area , find a roommate so I can have a roof over my head , ect

Nada

As I sat here homeless in my truck tonight I still have my little box with magickal stuff , really didn’t want piss any of the spirits off so I’ll just dispose of it at the beach. I thought about evoking bune and asking for help but I know it’s pointless.

I also honestly think some people on this site put too much faith in these spirits or think they’re these all loving beings when in reality they have their own motives to help you. I say this not because I think they’re deceptive but they don’t do much out of the kindness of their heart so they decline people a lot more than you’d think. King paimon might be a slight exception but that’s besides the point

So yeah I’m just like fuck it, I’ll just do it on my own , whatever happens happens

Magick is only supposed to help your chances slightly anyway

1 Like

why do you think it is useless to summon Bune? I believe she would help.I’m just thinking that I Will start to worshiping her.

Because king paimons the only one who’s every really brought me any results for reasons I still haven’t figured out

No one else has brought me any results , I just think my magick is damn near useless or magick is in general , atleast for me

I’m probably being declined over and over and don’t know it even when I get the feeling when my request was accepted

Awhile ago I decided to just be self reliant

Try activating or raising your kundalini energy with pranayama breath work. Once you activate your kundalini try practicing and expirementing with magick again.

Before you start kundalini work you might want to refrain from alcohol consumption or any other drugs (marijuana is okay in my experience).