Huge collection of old original grimories for collectors

This is Huge collection of old original grimories. They are scanned from original grimories in French language.

it is mostly for magicians who collect original grimories.

(Mod note, please PM BOleck for info ~ Cheers, Eva)

[quote=“BOleck, post:1, topic:6723”]This is Huge collection of old original grimories. They are scanned from original grimories in French language.

it is mostly for magicians who collect original grimories.[/quote]

In general,we aren’t supposed to add links to downloadable things here.HOWEVER,because these are old friend grimoires,then they’re either out of copyright,or preexist copyright laws,so I think this is OK.Thank you,I’ll look them over.

[quote=“Arcane, post:2, topic:6723”][quote=“BOleck, post:1, topic:6723”]This is Huge collection of old original grimories. They are scanned from original grimories in French language.

it is mostly for magicians who collect original grimories.[/quote]

In general,we aren’t supposed to add links to downloadable things here.HOWEVER,because these are old friend grimoires,then they’re either out of copyright,or preexist copyright laws,so I think this is OK.Thank you,I’ll look them over.[/quote]

Ok! But if it brokes the rules of the forum, I ask moderators to check it out and to delete this post if it does.

Appreciate the thoughts but with respect, I’m not downloading a 1.7gb zipfile from a site where I can’t read a word, and opening it to see if it has a bunch of grimoires that I won’t be able to read very well either.

So, I’ve removed the link as a precaution, if anyone wants to talk about 17th Century grimoires just PM BOleck, I can’t call it either way on this so I’ll trust BOleck’s word and assume anyone interested can use the PM system. Cheers folks. :slight_smile:

I thought it was the government’s job to make things unnecessarily difficult in the name of safety.

Maybe: but it, and all this, require your attention in order to exist, so it shouldn’t be as much of an inconvenience as talking to a real person (over the fucking internet with a simple message) and getting the file that way instead.

Let me be clear: it’s my remit, as a volunteer moderator, to do my best to prevent unnecessary problems for this forum, to the best of my ability and in good faith.

When I began, Bran explained (although it was already obvious) that this included not letting this forum, which is the forum of a private business, become a haven for pirated downloads and copyrighted material being shared without permission. The reasoning behind this is surely simple enough for anyone to understand.

In this case, BOleck’s link seems to be legit but as I’m unable to read Cyrillic or (for that matter) much French, I decided to take a halfway stance, letting people know BOleck has this link but taking it off the forum - this is to prevent piss-takers (of whom there are several, though not active, on here) from uploading copyrighted material to a site with Cyrillic, Japanese or Chinese text, hoping to thereby get round the prohibitions on here.

If that sounds like a reach, then I can assure you I’ve seen weirder things and more bizarre attempts to get round rules, both here and elsewhere in the past - to some people it’s a kind of game, to get one over on a forum’s moderators, who are not real people with lives and feelings, just ciphers for some vague authority figure they’re rebelling against. Sad, but true.

I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect anyone to download 1.7gb of material, assess it for - well, whatever - and then make the call, but nor did I want to deprive members here of the chance to maybe get something useful and interesting, so for that reason I left this notification, and removed the link.

Clear enough?

That’s far too reasonable an approach, M’Lady.

For the benefit of the first standard deviation, you may as well have just applied draconian dictatorialism and saved yourself having to type such a well thought-out message.

Or have had it translated into some Latvian or Estonian dialect, for all the good it will do.

hugs… sorry you wasted your time.

-j

No force of god or man can come between me and a wordy reply. :wink:

And while The Cusp got his snark on there (unless, of course, he’s volunteering to pay me 15 - 20%+ taxes on his income! Which would be fine! :D) he has a right to ask.

Back on topic now please folks. :slight_smile:

Nothing is perfect. Im not a big fan of everything Government or Non-Government… But a governing body is needed so that Society has some form of structure to retain a semblance of Order. Without it, there would be complete chaos, then you wouldnt be able to do all these cool modern things your allowed to do like post up on this foru., because Society is a collaborative effort that allows things to progress like technology.

When you lack Self-Governance and the whole populace as a whole, then the imbalance of Power is placed into the Governments hands, which breeds individuals who complain about Society and Governments amd Terrorists, etc. Yeah some people should learn discipline (visualization of a Nazi Disciplinarian wielding a riding crop).