How to tell if you are talking to the right spirit

How do you tell if the spirit you are evoking is the right spirit?

I am currently working with a spirit who claims to be Vine. When I first started building this relationship the spirit and I have, I asked him this… “Are you Vine?” His reply was strange to me, but I am not very experienced so accepted it… “I am the only Vine. No others can share my name less they be destroyed.” Was his reply.

I also scryed him into a door. He appeared as what I would describe as a clown like figure, a jester, with horns.

Also another experience I had with him that was rather odd, was a time I was at a friends house. My friend and I where hanging out and he ended up falling asleep. Upon my friend drifting off I started to hear a tapping. As if someone was tapping their fingers on the wall. 1, 2, 3, was the pattern. Though at times would be 1 tap rather than 3 consecutive taps. Though I don’t believe the taps to be important here. I then got myself into a meditative state to see if I could visualise any spirits in the room. Now I did not see anything with my own eyes but the image I got in my head… Well most people would call it terrifying. He appeared as a black figure or black mass, formless. His eyes where a solid color, though I don’t remember the color. He held a staff in one hand, at the end with a serpents head. and held a chain in the other, linked to a giant dog. The dog was barking and even sniffed me (I felt that physically.). Though he pulled the chain and yelled at it. I felt as if it would be nature to be scared though I was not… I was fascinated and excited. Upon my friends waking up to take me home, he parted and the taping stopped. Keep in mind the tapping continued through this entire experience.

I would like to think that this is Vine, but I do not trust him. The only real evidence I have to go on that he is who he says he is, is that he was told me the future more than once. And everything he has told me played out exactly as he said it would. And future telling is within his grimoire-ic description.

The reason I am here is because I have built a decently deep relationship. He has agreed to be my guardian and guide, though nothing binding. He says that if I no longer want a relationship with him that I may end it and we will have no further communication. Though, obviously I still do not trust him…

What are some methods I can use to see if it really is the real Vine and not some parasite? I still find his reply to my question odd, and really don’t know what to think of it. Is it even possible for a demon to destroy an imposter? Like I said a lack of experience and knowledge has brought me here. I have always received good help on these forums, and hoping someone would be kind enough to help me out (Once again).

I plan on doing a set of two evocations with him soon to seal up a deal him and I made. During these evocations I would like to find out the truth on whether or not he is who he says he is.

2 Likes

The conventional method is to ask them to sign their name, either in the air leaving visible traced (like retinal afterburn) or via automatic writing, and the genuine ones will be happy to do so.

You could use Question 13 in the Book Of Fate as well to test whether he’ll be a good ally for you, I’ve used this repeatedly with new spirits: http://publicdomainreview.org/collections/napoleons-oraculum-1839/

2 Likes

The conventional method is to ask them to sign their name, either in the air leaving visible traced (like retinal afterburn) or via automatic writing, and the genuine ones will be happy to do so.

You could use Question 13 in the Book Of Fate as well to test whether he’ll be a good ally for you, I’ve used this repeatedly with new spirits: http://publicdomainreview.org/collections/napoleons-oraculum-1839/[/quote]

Took me a second, but that’s really clever Lady Eva. Going to be adopting that myself!

1 Like

i have a question here lady eva.what stops an imposter spirit to sign and introduced it’s self as the genuine one?

It’s a convention, I don’t actually know what the origin of it is - I do know that a couple of times when I’ve had an imposter show up, it’s been enough to get rid of them. No idea why though, someone else on here is probably a better source for that. :slight_smile:

Once you’ve established a lasting relationship with one or more entities they’re also a good source of verification about what to do in future, who to work with, and giving an entity a physical base in your home/Temple is another good way to keep a link open so there’s no channel (so to speak) for an imposter to come through, because the real being never actually completely “leaves”.

At least, this is what works for me, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t other ways. :slight_smile:

Blacklamb, the BoF rocks for this kind of stuff - Q’s. 1, 18 & 24 are also adaptable to use when deciding on whether to enter into pacts, dependoing on which most accurately fits the type of entity you’re about to work with.

got it.i think it’s the best choice for me also, since i need heavy back up and protection.

I have used various techniques. The first one was when I was a Christian I used the method Jesus recommends John 4:2 iirc. back when I didn’t care about who they were as much as their alignment with my intent.

Later on I have used methods of divination after communication similar to what Lady Eva recommends with the BoF.

I use a different technique now that is a symbolic projection of the essence of truth. If the entity is self-contradictory (lying) in some way it tends to vanish, if not it tends to become empowered and more visible. This only works in dualistic planes where truth-untruth exist.

You could get a simple yes/no tarot reading from someone like TWF. It’s cheap and will let you know if you are working with that spirit.

That’s how I found out that Belial had accepted the pact I made with him fyi.

Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

An imposter wouldn’t be capable of communicating so clearly with a novice and would absolutely not have a 100% hit rate on predictions.

1 Like

This, and if all else fails, you could always try a pendulum. Suspend a key with string and sketch a quick chart to ask if you’re talking to the real thing or not.

When I scried him in a black mirror, what appeared before me was a sardonically smiling face, similar to a Joker.

When I scried him in a black mirror, what appeared before me was a sardonically smiling face, similar to a Joker.[/quote]

That’s not unlike what I saw the one time I met him. I think I remember thinking of a Joker.

this is interesting.i don’t know shit about the goetics since i 've never worked with any of them,but at least you can check it out.

[url=http://perdurabo10.tripod.com/themindofjamesdonahue/id226.html]http://perdurabo10.tripod.com/themindofjamesdonahue/id226.html[/url]

If you have any artistic talents, I recommend immediately drawing what you see during or following the session;
My encounter with Vine was a year ago; if I had not drawn the figure then it would all be speculation.

Thanks again everyone, such a big help :D.

Though I have another question. Can a spirit not lie about its identity?

Universal law. Spirits are unable to forge a seal. You’ll have to ask the spirits on the exact mechanics of it but thats the jist of it.

1 Like

Trust, I’d say that’s the most important thing. Not necessarily trust in the entity you are calling (perhaps looking at the entity as a “spirit” rather than just who it is might be the problem), but rather trust in yourself that you can home-in on the right entity. As soon as you start entering your work with high doubts of whether or not you are doing something right, there’s a decent chance that whatever the object of worry is actually manifests in your work. It’s part of the reason why certain paths do not encourage evocation in the beginning of their work; you honestly don’t have much of a clue what you are doing as a beginner and haven’t cultivated the personal strength to ascertain things. Things like building trust in your abilities and establishing a current of “spiritual Knowledge” helped folks greatly center the trust in the work they were doing.

However, if you got truthful trust, even perhaps psychopomped confidence even, then you should have nothing to worry about. I personally haven’t had my doubts interfere with my work, however I also can say that in my case, I have an underlying current within myself that gets a kick out of proving my doubts wrong. So I can walk into a work full of doubt, and accomplish what I want from it. Still, that underlying current is based on trusting my faculties, even though I may have conscious doubt. So before all the identifying techniques and tactics (not knocking any of it), try to see if you are approaching your work with honest trust.

i think flashing the entity’s sigil is a good way to make contact with it.it’s the spirit’s personal symbol and you calling only the entity asociated with the sigil.it makes sense for me.