How to smoke mugwort?

What are you trying to achieve with it

1 Like

I just wanted to try it, if it’s not horrible, maybe use it for lucid dreaming

Its very dry usually if you don’t get it fresh, so I mix it with pipe tobacco to smoke it. Or roll a cigarette with cigarette tobacco.

If you try a tea with it have plenty of honey on hand and use less leaf than you think you need. Its very bitter and astringent.

2 Likes

Thank you, I put it in a filtered tipped cigarette roll, wasn’t bad, took some effort to get it in there though

1 Like

Try taking it and rubbing it out between your palms next time. It gives it a soft flossy texture.

1 Like

I had to be That Guy:

2 Likes

Ohhhhh! Growing it already and planting it in the spring! Going to try this!

1 Like

Its not horrible. Its never given me lucid dreams or anything but I’ve only ever smoked it. I feel like if you are using for lucid dreams or ap you should use it as a tea. That or smoke a lot of it.

1 Like

I personally wasn’t sure. I read somewhere that it’s not typically used in tea, but I can’t see how it would hurt to mix it in

I put some in red wine, and let it sit for a moon cycle (Celtic magic). It tasted bad. Even cheap American absinthe is better for divination, as far as alcohol goes.

1 Like

When I was researching it before i bought it, I read of 3 ways to use it for ap/lucid dreaming. Smoke it (which is my experience with it… I think ive drunk it as a tea on one occasion), drink it, or put it under my pillow before sleep.

Ive smoked it on multiple occasions. When I first experimented with it I smoked it out of a bong. It made me take a nice nap. It has a very herbal flavor and a full thick smoke. If I use it at all now-adays I use it as a sleep aid. In fact, thanks to this thread I think I’ll use it tonight to help put me out for my early wake-up.

2 Likes

I do think it has a lot of potential. If someone else owns any and has any ideas for rituals or ways to use it for magick im all ears… and more than prepared to test.

1 Like

If your looking for something to mix with alcohol I’d suggest blue lotus petals. I know egyptians would steep the leaves in alcohol to provide it with a mild psychedelic effect. My experience with it begins and ends with weed. At first I owned an extract which would not mix well with water so I could not test its synergy with alcohol, but did test it with marijuana.

It provides a nice heady “indica” sort of feel when mixed with herb. It is known as a mild psychedelic. I know have raw leaves and also a powder… both which should probably mix well with water/alcohol, but of course I have not tryed.

1 Like

My brother keeps telling me I need to try a good indica for my panic attacks. Blue lotus petals? Really? I’ve never looked into that at all? I’m on keto right now so would it mix well with vodka???

Idk i’ve only ever smoked it. For an authentic experience beer or wine would probably be best. If you want to try I’d buy an ounce and mix a gram or two with the vodka for AT LEAST a day, if not longer.

1 Like

I THINK I’m allowed to drink red wine on keto. If I am I’ll go that route instead. Growing mugwart fresh will help quite a bit too. Going to try ordering some however just to test it out. I’m a fairly lucid dreamer as is, just hoping to make the experience a lot more controllable.

I’m a daily weed smoker and weed definitely makes my anxiety and paranoia worse. Its not hard to deal with because I know its the weed causing it so I can adjust myself appropriately. I wouldnt say an indica would help you, but I also wont say it will.

1 Like

I throw my mugwort into my morning brew with my coffee, black tea, and some mint. I am not in the mood for black coffee right now so I some almond creamer in.

1 Like

Its used quite a bit by different traditions for cleansing, much the same way sage bundles are used.

1 Like

Blue lotus is nice but your body gets use to it really quickly.

2 Likes