How to Private Message Someone?

Hello, I’m still getting used to the site.

How do I private message someone? I’ve looked into people’s profiles, but there is no button or function to send someone a message. Where should I look?

6 Likes

Not 100% sure but if you have only just signed up you might not be able to send private messages straight away

edit looking at your profile you have earned the basic badge thingy so you can pm if it doesnt work message one of the mods or im sure one will be along at some point :slight_smile:

1 Like

But how_ do I do a pm? What button do I have to click? Where do I have to go?

1 Like

If you click on the circle that is your avatar, in the upper right of your screen, in the drop down menu, right at the top, you will see the icon of an envelope. Click that and it will take you to the message area. Then enter the “@” of whoever you want to message and go from there. In this new system, a PM looks exactly like starting a thread.

If you cannot for some reason @Lady_Eva is the one to call.

4 Likes

If you single click on someones name in a thread you should see this …

2 Likes

This is correct, there was a change made recently to slightly increase the time spent on here before access to PMs is granted, so it takes a little longer to acquire that access than before, it will show up when your profile says “Member” in place of “Basic User.”

This is to protect people from, especially, banned members who were being grossly abusive, and who could have previously started PM-ing the same people they were bothering before without making a single post on the public forum.

I’ll send you a PM now (green icon, top right) and you can reply to that if you have any questions. :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Is there a level past regular? Or is that it unless your a mod?

1 Like

Nope, Regular is the top level, you have attained the Mount Olympus of membership! :innocent:

4 Likes

A way you could potentially get around it if you aren’t at that level as yet is to use the @ symbol in front of someone’s name on a thread they use with a brief message for them to send a message to you and then you would be able to respond to it.

Be aware that it’s not guaranteed that they will respond but it’s worth a shot.

2 Likes

Yes!! Now I can throw my thunder bolts and stomp around causing thunder …bahahahaha. …:smiling_imp::blush::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

How long does it take to get rid of the “basic level” ?

1 Like

Depends entirely on your activity level. If you start new threads, give likes, participate in discussions, and reply to posts, it usually unlocks within a week or less on average. You have only made 8 posts and no new topics so you most likely haven’t reached the threshold yet.

4 Likes

Ok. Thanks.

1 Like

Hello,
I was out from this forum since at least 6 years.
I came occasionally to read posts but not post myself anything.
I am happy to come back now, especially as I bought some courses from EA, and very soon the grimoire about Vampirism, being myself in this occult way since 14 years.

I just realize I can’t send a PM message. Is it normal ?

I’m not sure but I think you have to earn the PM priviledge by participating here in BALG. I could be wrong though.

You do - but also sometimes you can’t PM someone even if you have that function if they have hidden their profile unless they start the conversation with you

1 Like

Oh thanks for clarifying that.

1 Like

Yes, it is normal. The ability to send PM’s is predicated on being an active participant in the community. You may have been a member here for a long time, but your last post was back in 2015, so you are still at TL 1, which is a basic member, and PM’s require TL 2.

1 Like

because it’s private , no one can see it but you. lol. j/k. it takes time to get that option. fairly quickly if your active participant…

1 Like

Makes sense