How to make substantial contact with angels of any type or choir?

I’ve tried what I understand to be the Shem method of contacting them, I’ve traced sigils on paper with their names in English and Hebrew, tried to open them without success, and in general feel their activity but dont necessarily feel them, and of course with no clairvoyance or clairaudience, I dont see or hear them that I am aware of.
Also, enns are fairly abundant, but not for angels that Ive noticed.

Play gospel or old time hymns? Try to be the best, purest person? Draw the names of God in all numbers and forms on a drop cloth?

1 Like

Angels of the 7 Heavens by Ars Aurora is your best bet. You’ll need to continue working on your senses. Enns are a new demon thing, they don’t exist for angels, elementals ect. Continue working with the angels, it’s their sacred duty to respond to sincere requests. If all you have is a “hello” type of intent, you may wanna refine that.

3 Likes

Well, this is a good point. Perhaps I have been too transactional-minded and not relationship-minded. I know worship of an angel is a great way to get your kick in the rear by the angel :slight_smile:

I guess the way I have been looking at it is whats in it for me, what powers can I get, but I never evoke someone just to see if I can do it or to say hello.

Sincerity. Yes, that and humility and charity, good ways to connect with them. If I could show and be loving toward others that would be a great way, however, Im a bit jaded in my age.

It is also possible that I am not showing responsibility or respect, that Im not doing contact with them in my free time. Possible that I haven’t put my work in and then tried contact. That is quite possible as well.

Relationship-minded approaches to spirits are the way to go. Not always, but sometimes, you’ll find certain requests fulfilled by the spirit you are forming a connection with. I think a big reason people get lost or give up on magick is because they are to transactional-minded. Sometimes, you don’t need things or small wishes granted. You need a bigger picture, you need to think more vastly. Relationship type approaches with spirits are exactly that, more vast.
In my experience with angels, I tend to focus on sincerity, doing the work (ie, not being lazy about it, such as spending a few days reaching out), and gratitude.
However, it is worth it to see how you best connect with the angels. My experiences work for me, they may work for you, or they may be completely wrong.
72 Angels of Magick by Damon Brand is a great place to start, especially to work on your spiritual senses. Personally, that is the main book I used when I started.
Edit: Sometimes you need a transactional relationship. Nothing wrong with that. I do think that at a certain point, a shift should occur from transactions to relationships. Not with all spirits, but with those you get a long with or want to become more like.

3 Likes

From my journal:
(on putting in the work by communicating sincerely with them for relationship intent)
"Invocations with sign of the cross and palms up done to the seven archangels of the week, ending ironically with Tzaphkiel (Archangel of Saturn, todays Archangel).
Off to read to write in my journal step by step of every ritual and exercise, and invocations of the archangels and oratory prayers.
I really want to contact and communicate with the Shem angels and Archangels.

I guess, as per a post on how to make substantial contact with angels, that what would be a minimum is oratory prayers, invocations of the archangels, and meditation of passive silent mind (i.e. Im listening when they say Hearken (listen))."

I use material from Frater S on Wordpress, he was my teacher in the OSS, an order devoted to cabalistic and angelic magic with eventual planetary and zodiacal magic, within a JC paradigm.
Magical mystic monks you might say. They can get results, I know that.
Same with my Adept from the Golden Dawn, who loved me enough as others on here do, chew my ass out when I skip up and try to keep me on the course.

Sometimes I really need to just listen and apply. Thank you @SilentSeeker :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmmm that’s not technically true. They exist and they work. I listened to one for Michael in the car then the following night I found myself conscious in one of my dreams (which was kinda spooky) where I found myself calling his name. It was odd too because I knew exactly what I was doing in dream where I was doing mundane things. As soon as I called his name the spookiness instantly cleared up and the creepy thing in my dream instantly retreated.

Here’s a link to one of the enns and the YT channel there on. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td-sjZZUDFo&t=28s

1 Like

Working on at least three senses, clairsentience, clairvoyance, clairaudience, yeah, I need to work seriously on those quickly, along with energy work. I know it all boils down to I need to put in my own work, 220% effort.
Even if it means constructing a decagram on my carpet out of duct tape, minimal temple supplies via amazon, and write everything out and work on memorization, while also training Clairs; gotta do the work.

1 Like

There were times where I would church shop (go to different faith churches every day or week), pay attention to church signs, billboards and the like.
At the very least, I could cycle through 72 Angels of Magic daily, with not just a re-petition, but to re-visit an angel six times. That would seem to draw a relationship close.

The archangels daily can be a good source as well for building a daily relationship with them in ritual invocation.

Im looking to get close with the Archangels and leaders of Choirs.
Which are the best seals to use, (ie from which grimoire is best to use), or construct my own via the rose petals?
Should I give regular offerings and setup an Angelic altar?
Im a very humble, basic practitioner. My athame is a pumpkin carving knife, my wand a wooden stick found on the ground, a feather, chinatown teacups for water evocation, a silver water vessel doubling as a bell, a silverware chest for the altar itself, and tea lights.

So, if they can accept a basic practitioner like myself, we might be on the way to a beautiful friendship.

Then the question on actual evocation., but thats best answered from Angelic texts.

1 Like

Here’s the book I use it’s pretty awesome, it has basic workings, divination, a banishing, invocations, and a guide for evocation.

I’m doing a invocation today actually, pretty excited.

Archangels of Magick: Rituals for Prosperity, Healing, Love, Wisdom, Divination and Success (The Gallery of Magick) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078T8MWPY/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_ES9HG34DHWSVPY52A6S8

I think the mod @DarkestKnight has angelic mantras if you wanna try those

1 Like

I very much like the book Archangels of Magick. Straightforward but meaningful rituals, sigils/seals for each, pathworkings/evocation keys… and it works, really well for me personally. Also you get a few different rituals to try - petition, evocation, and so on.

If you simply want a sigil/seal to make contact, you could do something as simple as finding the angel’s name written in Hebrew, and chanting/vibrating their name while gazing through the seal.

1 Like

I will check it out. Thanks. Actually, Ive written down in my journal his mantras, and use them every so often, though I know I should make it a regular practice. I can say my desire to smoke pot or tobacco has dwindled a bit, since chanting the mantra to get rid of unhealthy addictions.
They do work.

Great ideas, Veil, thank you. And I will check out the book. Since Monday I fell back a bit in making angel seals to try to make contact. I work tomorrow during the day, but back in evening and Sunday off. So will really try to make contact with Gabriel or Michael at the least, though I could use healing from Raphael personally.

Okay, maybe I need to go visit all the old grimoires myself, I do have demons of magick and a few other books that have seals in them. Once money starts coming in and my rent is paid and have money leftover, then Im going to get a bunch of supplies and books.

Will use all suggestions, including mantras which I try to do while on the bus.