How to love others despite anything

How does one come to this, in that maybe not agape love level, but to simply be able to love anyone, despite your differences, such as Christ, Ghandi, etc?

1 Like

Just my opinion
I think we have to first look and understand why is “hard” to love others.
First, it can be because we don’t accept/understand their looks, believes, hobbies, comportament
Then, we tend (our brain tends) to compare. Compare ourselves and our way of doing things with other people and other people ways of thinking and solving things.
So i will say, understanding and acceptance to be the start for love
Simple meditation and mindfulness, when you feel that sensation as being just the observer, or one with everything.

Maybe look into Stoicism too
“to be free from anger, envy, and jealousy”, and to accept even slaves as “equals of other men, because all men alike are products of nature”.
When you are at peace with yourself , you are at peace with the outside too. You will not longer care how and why other act , you will just accept them and understand each has his different journey.

2 Likes

The term love is often obfuscated and overused for many emotions. Simply, love may be a euphemism for commands and sacrifices. We love our offsprings by commanding specific behaviors due to social norms, expectations, or repercussions harmful to that of the offspring. The sacrifices are parental time, protection, and educating the offspring. Even as an adult, it is impossible to know everything or experience many things. Thus it is plausible to command certain expectations of partners or significant others. However, this frequently disregards the experiences, knowledge, and logical thought process of partners.

May I suggest caring? Caring connotes sacrifices and is done innately. Offspring care for their parents as they are no longer able to care for themselves. In doing so, reconciliation of experiences, knowledge, and thought process is possible, maybe even preferred. But this is of offspring to parent relationship – what of partnership or spousal relations? I revert to innateness. That is of protection, succession, and in some moments of collaboration.

1 Like

If you unconditionally love everyone you’ll loose respect and will be taken for granted in today’s world ! When I was a hardcore spiritual follower I did that and still regretting it , if someone wants my love they’ll have to earn it! I try to banish jealousy , grudge and hatred, it’s an ongoing effort and mostly healer spirits can help

2 Likes

Love doesn’t have to mean lack of boundaries. It doesn’t mean that you’ll let people do anything to you. You can love them yet don’t give them what they want or even cut them out of your life. Hate and resentment aren’t required to do that.

4 Likes

I honestly just simplify it down to acceptance myself

I don’t have to like everybody, I don’t have to engage with everyone

But acceptance that there are differences… and not being wound up by that, works for me. Trying at times to see things from others perspectives to understand them etc and if I dont :woman_shrugging: Accepting I simply don’t

5 Likes

Transcending the ego and conditional responses based on things that don’t / do serve you

1 Like

And Ive lost all sense of reality, or any trust with others. This is going to be a huge task for me. Especially when something pisses me off so badly, Im in a blind rage and tunnel vision and completely untrusting of most anyone. Questioning reality every second is something I would not wish on my worst enemy. The day went great, the night sucked absolutely.

I suppose it would be helpful if I loved myself and was receptive to others to begin with.

1 Like

Start loving yourself, if you start trying to please everyone my friend it wont be a good thing since its a cruel world, however you can respect other people no matter what their status is.

3 Likes