How to keep Silent?

Alright, so here’s the deal… I’m about to head to Job corps for about 8 months and Will honestly probably wind up staying 2 years(going in as an electrician, then switching to advanced career training for either TCU or Solar electrician later in the program)… It will be a communal living situation where I will be a roomate with 2 other people and rarely get time by myself/too myself. now here’s the thing, I did some divination (via online stichtomancy or bibliomancy) telling me I should keep my practices and beliefs to myself, which honestly I don’t have a problem with(after all the oath of the Magus is to Know, Will, Dare, and Keep Silent) so I will be sticking to mostly the basics for the next two years (Energy work, meditation, Lucid dreaming, and anything else I can practice without drawing attention) as well as sigil magic.

Here is my questions…

What are some methods of covert magic, things you can easily disguise as something else?

I’ve been doing this recently with Hent’yos, but what are some of the problems with evoking through meditation with absolutely no bells and whistles? Is it possible to evoke strictly in a mental landscape? or is there some level of need of the physical actions… do both have their perks?

I’m used to burning sigils, and seeing as how that could get me into some serious trouble with the program(the frown on starting fires) what are some other ways of firing off a sigil? I’ve tried eating it before, but that was a sigil that dealt with physical/spiritual augmentation.

As far as dealing with preexisting sigils(sigils of spirits) is a physical sigil necessary or can I simply imagine it to bring the spirits influence? Could I just pull up the grimoire on my computer and stare at the sigil on the computer to charge it?

have any of you had success working with spirits strictly within lucid dreams? as in Not working with them in the physical world but evoking them within your dreams and issuing a task?

You can approach spirits in all sorts of ways - sigils, dreams, meditations, entheogens, whatever - but absolutely nothing is going to cause shifts in the physical world like evocation to the physical world. End of story. That is alchemy. If you want to change physical reality you need to learn how to change physical reality. If you can’t create the spirit within the ritual, how can you expect to create your desire outside of it?

yes but here’s my question, can I do that strictly through meditation? doing a banishing ritual, casting a circle, opening the gates, evoking the spirit without physical actions but by mental projection and force of will alone?

It is achievable. One of the climaxes of Mastering Evocation is that E.A. shows you how to evoke an entity without any physical tools. I believe he’s the first to truly reveal this. If I recall correctly, he recounts his initial success at this in Evoking Eternity - meditating in ecstatic veneration of an angel until it finally appeared in full view and engaged him in conversation.

I sincerely encourage you to study through the course, when it’s ready, because it particularly suits you.

I would love to, I really would and have every intention of entering the course when I can, but I have my suspicions that I will not be able to until I am done completely with Job corps… or at least done with the first half… the pay is shit but that isn’t the issue, as I can find other ways to make the money. the issues is it’s a government program and the center location is right in the middle of the bible belt. Which means while I will have wifi, They may have firewalled any occult sites(like they did at a community college I went to down here for a short stint) this won’t be an issue for my practice, as I have around 1000 books on my computer, but BALG may be Blocked… If this is the case I sincerely hope you guys are around in two years, because I have every intention of entering the program ASAP.

This isn’t as much magick related advice but thought I’d share anyway. If at all possible leave anything you don’t want stolen or destroyed with someone you can trust. Job Corps is all kinds of fucked up. I know a couple people who were sentenced by a judge to either do job corp or do jail time if they did not complete it and they chose jail because it was less shitty. There is a lot of racism, stealing and vandalism the kind of thing you’d expect from people who had to choose job corps or jail.

I’d keep my magick practices to working on the astral and sigil magick, if someone finds out your performing magick it could either get you fucked with worse than normal or left completely alone. You may want to try some invisibility stuff to stay off the radar. Whatever you decide good luck.

I was planning on leaving my labtop until I scope the place out for couple months… I put enough shit on a flash drive I can easily replace… I’m not about to take the chance of losing this thing, everything else is irrelevant…
here’s the problem with invisibility… in order to join the advanced program I have to be an exceptional student(which honestly academically isn’t a problem) playing into leadership roles and the like… while some invisibility is good, I can’t stay invisible and the paychecks I’m looking at when finishing the advanced training is too good to pass up… though I will definitely equip myself with some invisibility spells before leaving

Well one thing I do to keep off the radar comes naturally to me. I’m a complete weirdo so those around me don’t even question odd things like the spirit inhabited skulls that I have in my room, I already have a bunch of unrelated stuff like the lower half of a lady manequin here anyway, if you want to hide a tree put it in a forest, thats what I do. But being a complete weirdo might not suit your situation as well so perhaps you’ll just want to practice keeping it all mental like the other suggested.

I think I’m going to resurrect and old project and make a metal pin into a pointer/wand(I got the idea originally while reading through chaos sorcery) By pointing a charged sigil(extremely small piece of paper, I made the mistake last time of making it too big) around the ink cartridge and sealing it in place with some “personal consecration juice” and some hair and blood… the result, a potent, yet normal looking pen that I can use for sorcery without drawing any attention. I can still use your advice along these lines by making any tools i do possess seemingly normal and meaningless objects.

Scrying evocation always come to mind when I hear “stealth”. Hell, some people scry into their ipads when the screen is turned off. The cloth on the roof of my car is a good material to scry into as well. You could easily have a picture frame with black paper in the back to scry into - don’t make it look like anything special and no one will think anything of it. Even a thin piece of plastic mylar with black paper under it will do the job.

I have a picture frame with the glass spray painted black… I’ve only had two successful attempts with scrying the first one with a black bowl of water and some candles, getting a sense of looking down in an endless abyss. and when I did my first evocation of azazel using the black mirror as the manifestation point… I guess this will be a good chance to work on my scrying

haha I have an iPad & wondered if it would work as a black mirror with the power off. Good idea

Having actually been to job corps and honestly I have to advise against that myself I’ll say that people that practice magick are in the greatest minority. That said it’s pretty easy to find spirits wandering around on campus as some of the campuses used to actually be internment camps during both world wars. If you make yourself out to enjoy playing solitaire no one would bat an eye if you started using regular playing cards for divination either.

i hadn’t considered that, but i will definitely take that up… as far as the minority thing they aren’t going to know what i practice… depending on the the situation i’m thinking buddhist, agnostic, or ecclectic chtistian…

Stick with christian. if you find a clique that practices feel em out but don’t get too involved cuz as soon as bad shit happens they’re the first that people want to take it out on.

Also get aquainted with those spirits because they will have your back quicker than most people in that place. The wandering spirits at atterbury job corps are probably the only reason I got out alive.

I don’t really know anything about these job corps, but man whatever it is sounds fucking shitty. Is this like a shittier version of the peace corps or something? Anyway about those wandering spirits, what are they? Shades of people who were there when it was an internment camp?

Most of them were deceased japanese people who were moved there during world war 2 after pearl harbor and my affiliations with japanese culture really helped me out with getting on their good side. They kept me pretty informed on what was going on both within the community of the “students” there as well as the faculty which kept me ahead of the game when things started to turn south for me and the other people that were involved.

[quote=“Icarus, post:1, topic:1303”]Alright, so here’s the deal… I’m about to head to Job corps for about 8 months and Will honestly probably wind up staying 2 years(going in as an electrician, then switching to advanced career training for either TCU or Solar electrician later in the program)… It will be a communal living situation where I will be a roomate with 2 other people and rarely get time by myself/too myself. now here’s the thing, I did some divination (via online stichtomancy or bibliomancy) telling me I should keep my practices and beliefs to myself, which honestly I don’t have a problem with(after all the oath of the Magus is to Know, Will, Dare, and Keep Silent) so I will be sticking to mostly the basics for the next two years (Energy work, meditation, Lucid dreaming, and anything else I can practice without drawing attention) as well as sigil magic.

Here is my questions…

What are some methods of covert magic, things you can easily disguise as something else?

I’ve been doing this recently with Hent’yos, but what are some of the problems with evoking through meditation with absolutely no bells and whistles? Is it possible to evoke strictly in a mental landscape? or is there some level of need of the physical actions… do both have their perks?

I’m used to burning sigils, and seeing as how that could get me into some serious trouble with the program(the frown on starting fires) what are some other ways of firing off a sigil? I’ve tried eating it before, but that was a sigil that dealt with physical/spiritual augmentation.

As far as dealing with preexisting sigils(sigils of spirits) is a physical sigil necessary or can I simply imagine it to bring the spirits influence? Could I just pull up the grimoire on my computer and stare at the sigil on the computer to charge it?

have any of you had success working with spirits strictly within lucid dreams? as in Not working with them in the physical world but evoking them within your dreams and issuing a task?[/quote]

Yes, it’s possible, indeed there’s no need of “bells and whistles” to make magic (no tau robes, no candles, no incienses, etc. but the candle plus the incense helps a lot to get relaxed).

Donald Michael Kraig states in Modern Magick that everything in the Physical Plane has its counterpart in the Astral Plane, first it must exist in the Astral to become manifest later in the Physical.

So you can do your practices, visualizing yourself doing them, that’s mostly what I do (sit myself in an asana, and start with the ritual I memorized, but I use a white candle and incense to enter trance, though I’ve done lots of rituals without nothing at my workplace when I was alone at night), results are the same