How to have the first contact with the occult

I’d like to start with something to convince me of the existence of the occult, I am being raised in a very christian house (so doing any ritual or buying anything “strange” is out of question) but always being, secretly, kind of an atheist. But with time more and more I am certain that are things that I, at least, do not comprehend, and there are even things that I’d, currently, be unable to understand. Im rather skeptical, even though I know our senses can deceive us, I can’t believe something until I, my self, expierence it. So starting with something that i could easily expierence would be great.
Also I, personally, think that using any other “instrument” beside de self is not necessary; just our consciousness/thoughts/instincs/other things in ourselves should be more than enough.
How should I start?

Welcome @Wanna_BeTheGuy It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so please click the link below and tell us about yourself and any experience you have in amgick ie what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3