How to get started with Astrology?

I developed an interest in astrology again, few years back I read Emil Stejners “Magic with Astrology” however it didn´t cover basics and I lost interest.
I know there is information out there on astrology but I find it hard to find sources that go over the real BASIC stuff. Oftentimes it´s just like: “House X means this and that”. Alright, fine. Why does it mean that? How did people come up with it? How do I actually draw my own horoscope?

Basically what I´m looking for is a really basic guide which also does a lot of explaining on why things are the way they are, and all I find is either too advanced stuff which I´m lacking the basics for to understand, or it´s new agey stuff which says: “this is the way it is! Why? I have no idea!”.

1 Like

Check out café astrology, it’s a good website with a lot of explanations. Then you can move to Astro-seek.com which is the one I’m using now :).
To start, learn what the different planets and signs mean. Look up your chart with Astro-seek.com and see what it means for you.
Next step is the different aspects between the planets, and then the houses.
If you master these, you’ll have a good basis on astrology!
If you have any questions concerning your chart, pm me

1 Like

I’ve found Llewellyn’s Complete Book of Astrology to be a pretty great introduction to Astrology.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, I´m already checking out the sites :stuck_out_tongue:
I´m currently low on money so the book has to wait @Dankquanicus, but I will remember it in case my interest increases.

Thanks guys!

1 Like

Funny thing happened, a few days after I made this post I completely cleaned up my room, including my shelf of books. Within it I found the Weiser Concise Guide to Practical Astrology, which I had completely forgotten about. I´ve only skimmed the book so far but it looks like it´s exactly the ressource I´ve been searching for :smiley:
Posting this in case someone reads this thread in the future.

1 Like