How to Find Improvements, Going Vegan

Typically, I can find ways to improve myself and my surroundings. I’ve noticed that the best ideas occur to me when under less pressure. Perhaps a little pressure to “push” me is appropriate and even helpful. Can anyone relate?

Being financially strapped, I eat whatever I can get my hands on. A recent goal I have committed to is trying to eat the least amount of meat as possible. Thinking about animals having to suffer and die, not just for food, but anything, seems meaningless to me. Though it doesn’t negatively affect me, I choose to use magick by reversing this in my reality. To me this is creating positive energy taken from a neutral mental void.

One way I have extended on this issue is by attempting to improve our world, our universe. I don’t let any opportunity I have to save something go to waste. This includes some obvious and some not so obvious methods. Some examples I have in mind are turning off lights when not in use, saving leftovers, and eating off glass, not paper plates.

You should do that anyway, unless you want a bunch of plastic coating, that goes into the hot food, inside you - same with plastic cutlery. China, porcelain, pyrex, even steel are also good alternatives to glass.

4 Likes

Well, I’m thinking of at least stopping the consumption of chicken due to the fact they are related to my beloved dinosaurs.

And I feel really bad, as I ran over a chicken a couple of weeks ago on accident. Her name was Henrietta. Good thing she wasn’t eight feet tall, I would have totaled my car. Or worse, being cremated right now.

It’s also a personal decision as well to not eat meat.

1 Like

It had a name? Were you on/by a farm?

1 Like

I use Corelle (brand) plates. They are nice.

2 Likes

Well, I personally don’t live on a farm but do live in a rural area of Northern Utah. :slightly_smiling_face:

And if you’re driving the old roads instead of the freeway, you see a lot of chickens running around in the early morning or in the evening. Personally, I think she walked in front of my car on purpose.

When I hit her, I heard a splat. And a crunch. In my defense, I had to hurry and think of an apology. So, I simply yelled “Sorry Henrietta.”

But because I hit her, I noticed the sunset due to pulling off to the side of the road.

@raR

But I think your magickal sacrifice is a good one. I, on the other hand, need the protein meat provides. I love my animals, don’t get me wrong. This has made me think though on how I can better understand nature.

Sorry for the grotesque writing on my explanation of the great chicken murder/sucicide.

I must stop writing now!

Thank You!

1 Like

That’s a good goal. I’m not trying to push you to go full on vegetarian, but I will say once I gave up all meats, I felt a whole world better. I keep telling myself I’ll go vegan one day, but for now vegetarian seems to be working fine for me. Have you noticed a change in how you feel since you cut back on meat?

2 Likes

I haven’t cut back a whole lot yet. I’ve taken baby steps. I’ll try to remember to post how I feel once I’ve cut back more.

I feel that it’s all related to my spiritual growth, i.e., after achieving kundalini I’ve become more compassionate and feel a large mixture of emotions. The awesome thing is I can control the emotions. Also, I pick up on my thoughts and emotions quickly and adjust them.

This is kind of funny, but I used to hate doing laundry. Now, I kind of enjoy it; stuff like that.

When I get into conflicts with people, I can get shaky and remain calm at the same time. It’s like my physical self gets a little shaky, my heart beats faster, yet my mind is calm and can think clearly. This has helped me defend myself from negative people.

1 Like

@raR

It resonates! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for sharing!

Since you are cutting back on your meats, there are great options for plant based protein shakes. I read in one of your posts money is an issue. I use a brand called Arbonne but they are kind of expensive.

However, places like GNC have good options too. Beans and rice is a complete protein as well; however, who wants to eat beans and rice all the time? :thinking::flushed:

I really want to hear more about this - because I am vibing with your thread here. I have an entire book on vegan/vegetarian recipes. I’ll find the book when I’ve got some free time this afternoon.

1 Like

@raR

Here is the book:

It’s published by Broadway Times, New York

© is 1997 and the ISBN number is 0-7679-0014-6.

It’s a pretty hefty cookbook with 742 pages (that’s including the index). I found the cookbook when I was in college at a thrift store and loved it! It’s one thing I will never give up.

Some of the receipes do call for butter; however, a simple switch to vegan butter can be substituted or whatever. If you’re going to cook with oils on high heat though, avacodo oil is a good one. It’s on the expensive side though, so an alternative would be coconut oil.

I find vegan to be super hard and it’s a dedicated lifestyle. I just got sick and should be mindful of what I eat. To be honest though, I’m not always that mindful.

Also, I’ll just be upfront, I’d really like to know how you do this on a budget. I’ve tried watching YouTube videos and reading blogs; however, always found it hard to do what they were doing.

I waste a lot of money eating out, when in reality - I could be saving money for more practical uses. So maybe we can help each other out here! Haha, cause I need practical advice on budgeting! That’s a way I can level up.

Have a good rest of your week!

2 Likes

I just buy the cheapest stuff and have people who help me out with food. Perhaps not the cheapest of everything. This depends on the specific item, e.g., I don’t trust certain generic food items from Walmart. Another way I save money is by exercising at home. I don’t have weights, so I just do things, like lunges, squats, and pushups. I run outside everyday; I might get a treadmill for when it gets cold.

I almost always avoid such unnecessary expenses. I don’t judge people at all; everyone is their own person and can do whatever makes them happy. Besides it may boost the economy.

1 Like

@raR

Exercising is good!

I don’t think you understood what I meant. I live a life of ultra-convience. I’m super blessed; however, I need to get out of the “socialite” mentality.

So, can you please tell me more about your life and what it’s like. Like, how to I go about thinking if my resources were limited? How would I see the world with new eyes? Also, may I ask where in the world you are at?

I read a post where you wanted to work, this is admirable.

1 Like

Remind me of this question. I need a break. Been on here all day. lol

2 Likes

Why don’t you try.

1 Like

Will do!

I come on in spurts. Or walk away from the phone/computer.

Just post when you can. This actually helps me with my will power. Thank You for being honest.

@anon10524665

That’s a very good idea, thank you. I didn’t even think of that. I like how you’re very practical and direct in your answers.

Can’t detect whether that’s sarcasm or not. :thinking:

@anon10524665

Was not trying to be sarcastic, I honestly didn’t think of trying this approach!

@anon10524665

:slightly_smiling_face:

TBH, while I don’t always respond to your posts, they are very direct and to the point. And you’re always clear in your answers and accounts. I appreciate that!

1 Like