How to ‘dump’ friends?

A lot of things have happened between me and my “friends” lately. I’ve gone distant to them, because I’ve been shown by them numerous times that I don’t need them. However, there words say different.

It all started last year, when I had contracted mono. It’s a bad illness, I was sick for months. Only two of my friends supported me. I tried to talk to the one that was ignoring me, but she wouldn’t respond over the course of 1-2 weeks. It turned out that she was dragging out a problem that was resolved in five minutes - only weeks later.

It’s nearly been a year, and the reason I’ve become distant with them is I can’t have a convo with them, without it spinning back to them in some way. They only message when something is wrong, or they have nothing better to do. When I’m responded by the last friend, he’s questioning me and is doubting me.

I’ve blocked one of them two years ago, because she said some hurtful things to me. It didn’t go well, so i can’t do that again. She cried for weeks apparently, but everyone kept telling her to suck it up and apologise. She even refused to at one point.

They say they believe in love and light. It doesn’t go well if I block them, or if I told them what they were doing. How else can I dump these people?

5 Likes

Would you like some honesty? Cutting off people isn’t easy. It never really is unless you reach a certain point in life. Just drop them. If it hurts them, oh well. They hurt you anyways and when it comes to your well being be unapologetic as hell.

4 Likes

Look up Vovin’s freeze spell on here and try doing that, it’s simple but very effective.

Also if you wish to banish them from your lives I could help you with that/ give you a spell for that if you would like

1 Like

It probably won’t hurt me, I’ve not done anything. If they get affected, well they’re going tk have to look in the mirror and have a long think about why.

3 Likes

Right. besides letting go of people is life. They can fucking deal with it. I dropped a lot of people last year. People thought they could treat me like dirt. I personally think that ones lifestyle should reflect their own divinity. Speak like you know what your speaking about. Act like you’re a developed person (i.e. if you’re divine act like it.) Etc, etc.

" Oh but -----"
Me: “Yeah, good. I said I didn’t want anything to do with you. Did you hear what I said? Did you get the point? Good, run along.”

1 Like

Yeah I will do that. I’m no longer a mindless child, like I was with them. So, I’ll speak to them like the adult that I am.

I can already see what’s going to happen: whine, cry, complain, cry. But, like I said before, they’ll need to figure it out and re-read the messages they send.

5 Likes

Exactly.

1 Like

The same things have happened to me, I have left most of them and now more are in line XD.

1 Like

It’s about time they grow up tbh.

1 Like

My advice is, look them in the eye, and very slowly and with a whole lot of intent, flip them off. Then don’t talk to them again.

1 Like

Let’s leave em to it.

1 Like

Step One: realize that if they’re ont there for you (except those two) then they’re fair weather friends, and that’s not friends at all.

Step Two: Delete all fair weather friends from your phone.

Step Three: Talk to new people, like you’re doing here, about topics that interest all of you.

Step Four: There is no step four. Unless you really wanna complicate things and light candles, etc.

Letting go isn’t easy until you learn to let go. I used to have the worst time dumping people that weren’t healthy for me because, well, we were friends. These days when I meet someone that’s caustic, I’ll be patient for a while… and then that while will end and it’s over. Sometimes it takes me a full on year. Sometimes only a month. But when it happens, I take those steps in that order and man is my life a healthier one now.

1 Like

Yeah, lets. Who needs them

2 Likes

Have to agree there - you’re not responsible for their feels, they should have thought about it when they had the chance. Maybe they’ll take the lesson and learn how not to treat people, maybe.

Step Two: Delete all fair weather friends from your phone.

And block them at your phone providers website, and don’t answer the phone to number you don’t know, since if you delete them, they can still text/call. Also set up email rules to mark as read and delete emails unseen, and block all social media accounts. (I’ve become very good at going no-contact, narcs’ll teach you that.)

3 Likes

I’ll do that. I can’t be bothered with their constant pity me and complaining and bragging about themselves constantly. Too old for that now :ok_hand:

Yeah, I agree that they should have thought about it. The fact that they haven’t proves it yet again that I should have nothing to do with them. They need to have a look at themselves in the mirror good and proper. That’s all I have to say about them

2 Likes

Whatever you do, be very honest, mostly to yourself but also to whoever is involved. Ditching used-to-be-friends is not easy but it’s also not easy to be ditched (I’ve been on both boats, trust me). You don’t need to tell anyone everything but you should be honest in your reasons for leaving someone behind. In either case, it’s probably for the better. Most “friends” never become true friends and it’s sometimes hard to admit at first.

If they don’t leave you alone, you’re justified in hexing or cursing them. That’s the only real magic-related advice I have for this. Some things are really only solved through talking.

Try to be friends with better people, and you’ll be rid of those horrible friends soon enough :slight_smile:

Don’t get yourself be manipulated by these 'friends ’

2 Likes