How to contact the Shadow self

This kind of knowledge belongs to the aghora sect, the lhp of shaivite tradition in india. Better not to go and look for it, currently it is infested with fake ones and those who know will hardly be interested in sharing. They cling to this kind of knowledge like ghouls cling to hidden treasure. (That’s why tantra in India is on the verge of death)

3 Likes

I wasn’t talking about shadow self. I was talking about Shadow, that you get behind you standing in front of a lamp.

But yea, shadow self can also be utilized to get things done.

6 Likes

As for getting things done, if you’re referring to Dray’s work, he’s a sham. The shadow self doesn’t have the functions most occult authors give it.

Other wise nice post.

2 Likes

This is probably a blind, there isn’t a mantra, and you can ignore it. Or employ a bit of chaos magik and ask your shadow what to do. If it’s smart enough to what it’s told, it’s smart enough to answer questions, no?

3 Likes

So I’m trying to do this, but apparently, I’m still afraid of being in pitch black darkness (if I can see a little bit, it’s fine though; no, I don’t need a night light, thank you). Any tips on overcoming it for this ritual?

6 Likes

Over coming that fear is part of the Trial.
Your shadow self will not hurt you, he may try to touch you or even communicate right off the bat, but he will not hurt you.
@Prophet
So no worries :ok_hand:.

6 Likes

Ultimately, it’s you. It’s apart of you and you are apart of it. You’ve nothing to fear.

4 Likes

I’m only afraid of myself because I’ve seen what I could do

5 Likes

Self fear is self restraint.

4 Likes

dream work is important for this. Start recording your dreams. Then you can incubate one specifically for encountering the shadow. I posted a dream memory charm a while back. Works a treat for me.

You can also reinforce the encounter by ritual work. For this you’ll be working with the Devil as the Devil is both a macrocosmic entity and a reflection of your Shadow. Set up an altar with some incense and candles. As the focus of your altar you can use any iconography that you find useful. It’s awesome to use a real goat skull, but a copy of the Tarot trump of any deck that takes your fancy or a copy of Eliphas Levi’s Sabbatic goat image would do just as well. From there it’s just standard evocation procedure using whatever name of the Devil that your intuition draws you to. (Or you might like to use divination or automatic writing to find a suitable name). Particularly effective if done just before bed time, particularly with concerns to dream encounters with the shadow.

As always, record your dreams and anything you get during the ritual. Focussed intent is also important; what are you contacting your shadow for? What do you want from it? What do you want to learn from it? The more focussed and intense your desire and intention, the greater the probability of effective contact.

3 Likes

I know this is a kinda old post but I’ve been trying this, but in pitch black darkness I don’t see anything😭 I mean I’ve done the face changing thing but with the lights on but I also saw a video of V.k about this topic as well but I’m not seeing any results. Do you need to get into a trance for it to work and also do you need to see your reflection? Also I was working with it and felt the shiver like sensation yesterday but besides that nada

2 Likes

Wow I legit have been naturally trying to do this without knowing I am contacting my shadow self! Someone scanned me and said that my shadow self is calling for me! I didn’t know how to react but I wonder what it has to say :eyes:
When I look in the mirror I become headless lol my head slowly starts to fade and eventually I can see only my t-shirt no head

2 Likes

Same here lol, I just found it interesting. I just wanna see what the next step is but im probably just over thinking lol

1 Like

This sounds interesting. I’m gonna try this later lol.

1 Like

It’s worth it.

2 Likes

My humble thanks to you for this. It worked really Well.

I immediately started seeing faint images of distorted faces over my own. Most time my face didn’t even look like my own, and one time my right eye moved in the opposite direction in the mirror. I had this reoccuring strange pulse, and when I spoke to the shadow my own contours blurred and it turned into a humanoid silhouette black as an abyss. By now, I wasn’t longer peering into my own reflection. I felt that being in the mirror as something completely separate. I dissapeared, and reappeared like this a couple of times. And when I focused on my 3rd eye, I felt like I was about to faint. Afterwards, I had a feeling similar to euphoria. I will come back to this.

3 Likes

I see youve been browsing my homie V.K Jehannums work.

3 Likes

Yeah he has a lot of good info and I wanna get his book when I can

1 Like

Holy sh@t that’s kinda creepy but also interesting I think that your shadow side don’t kill you is because it’s there with you but not really I watched some paranormal investigators on YouTube and the interesting thing is that mirror’s are portals for spirit’s that’s why he or she can’t kill you because it’s sort of there but also in some sort of other dimension

There are so many parallel worlds to the earth and some of them are dark and cold filled with shadowy hungry entities that are waiting to see a small light (open Portal) and escape their reality. Mirrors are surely not to play with and it’s serious high magic

1 Like