How to Channel (For Beginners) - why it is important, good for you and how to do it (Updated)

Hi there guys and gals. I recieved a question about how to channel on here and decided I wanted to help this person out this way. I decided to create this post since I don’t take on any students, the reason for that is because I am not a teacher nor do I feel I have anything to teach.

As I replied to them, the person who sent the question my way, I thought that there should be plenty of topics on how to do channel already, so before anything else I used the power of the mighty magnifying glass; to my suprise - not any how to channel guides was to be found at the time. There were and still are plenty of topics on channeling requests, and/or people talking about their expereinces or gnosis recieved by a god or godess through channeling; hence this topic . I know this topic may seem really unnecessary to the old timers on here, as there are a few good recources out there that covers the steps on how to channel which can be found through google.

As a beginner you might be asking; why do it at all?

Here’s why; it’s good for you to channel if you are starting out and here’s how it helps you. Channeling kickstarted a lot of astral senses such as: clairaudience, clairvoyance, clairsentience and intuition - for me. In short channeling is good for you because: it helps developing your third eye and psychic senses in many ways on many levels, even though most of the time it’s UPG (unverified personal gnosis) it’s way more reliable than let’s say the: ouija board; muscle testing; tasseomancy; hermatamancy and I even dare say tarot and runes. The former schools of divination hinges upon your ability to correctly channel and in some cases transmit the info received, either by the spirits or the source of your info at the moment when you intend to recieve gnoisis directly from it/them.

In addition to the former; channeling is helpful if you want to deepen your connection and communion with a spirit. The more you channel the more you will open yourself up to the spirit in question. As your trust increases the spirits influence over your senses will increase in kind, which from my own experience once enough depth has been reached, it can overgo to possession partial or even full possession. Depending what spirit you have decided to contact they can through channeling possess you rapidly and even violently in som cases. Channeling is also useful when you may need information directly from a soruce, thereby cut away the middle man as would be the case of using the ouija board - you are using your body, mind and spirit as the vehicle for the sake of contact, temporarily more or less offer yourself as an medium through which a power/current may flow.

A tangent but - meditation in general that works on the astral sense or the chakras are highly recommended to integrate into your daily routine, excluding or including channeling. As it helps clean up your spiritual bodies and clear away negative energies or emotion that can and will hamper your success rate at this.

Now that the above has been covered - how do you do it, like what are the steps? To answer this I’ll pull on a few different sources. But before anything else I need to adress the setting.

You are going to summon a force to speak through you and you are likely going to do it in your temple, right? I should let you know you that you don’t need to sit in your temple to receive gnosis through channeling you can do it anywhere, whenever you like. However in order to find peace and quiet and not get weird looks from other people that will discourage you and thereby distract you, I recommend a place where you will be undisturbed, it can inside or outside whatever floats your boat.

If it’s messy in your soon to be sacred space, clean it. I mean it. For some people this step is not always necessary, the reasoning going something like; the spirits won’t care. True enough. However, if you don’t clean your temple physically or spiritually, you will likely have, unless you have done continual banishing rites, attracted some nasty parasites or so called bad mojo into your temple and that stuff tend to stick. So the shittier and messsier the temple the cluttier your mind will be as it drains you if your energy. As the mountain of filth grow into a planet, you will eventually have to deal with it at some point on a physical level while in the meantime it will drain you spiritually, thereby making you more vaunerable to spiritual attack. However if you clean your temple or sacred space that you’ve set aside to conduct your spiritual acitivies then here is the boons: your mind will have less distractions and the mountain of laundry; scattered papers etc. won’t cause mental or physical fatigue and thereby drain your energy. If you are going to call or channel spirits of high authority or gods/godessess for that matter, I think it’s more than reasonable to clean your temple for the sake welcoming their energy into your temple and make a space that only the two of you or the current/path you walk, can manifest uninterrupted and fully without restrictions or reservations.

Now comes the more practial aspects of this, some of you might even say I have overdone it, but better safe than sorry. Once the temple/sacred space is set up, you need to prepare a set of questions here’s where I pull a nugget from the Mastering Divination Course - before you begin the channeling create a set of questions; three to five, no less than three though. I personally like to make questions that can’t be answered with a yes or no and aren’t similar in anyway but are in line with what the spirits expertise.

Now to preparing the space - Note: if you already know how to consecrate something or your temple is already dedicated to a certain path or spirit/s, there’s usually no need to perform a banishing rite. As your temple already resonates with certain energies likely ones you like to get your info from, and if you are dediciated to they will most of the time keep other spirits out. If you haven’t done the former or don’t know how do it, here’s the thing I would recommend; either get the book: Kingdoms of Flame and use a chant in there, that basically cause an energy blast that will clear out your immediate area of lingering energies. Or to do the same thing with different method, meaning use what is known the Lesser Banishing Ritual (sometimes we say: rite) of The Pentagram = LBRP - for short. There is a formal version that quite long and then there’s the abridged version. The long version/safer version (to some):

or short(er) version

If you feel icky about calling the arch angels, call on the these guys instead:

Belial - South
West - Abbadon
North - Azazel
East - Amaymon

However instead of moving clockwise you move counterclockwise while you start from the same place, I know I said in my pactmaking post in my Belial journal that you begin facing south, but that’s because Belial is the spirit you intend to summon in that case, and thereby honor him by calling him first, it’s a bit unorthodox I know. However in this case that’s unimportant, what matters is that you begin in the east and move counter closkwise vibrating the names to of the demons at their designated cardinal points, and replace some of the godnames with for example Satan & Moloch, Belzebub, Lucifuge Rofocale, Astaroth, Asmodeus, Belphegor, Bael, Adramelech, Lillith. While instead of a bright white light imagine it to pure black, to represent the illuminating dark light, that can only be seen in darkness. This is a slight nod to the Compendium of Belial - Ritual of Kliffothic Intrusipn, but slightly modified. The rest is the same.

Or if you want a less dramatic version there’s another way recommended by E.A himself - which is to fill a bowl with salt, about a teaspoon, stir it and hold a hand in the water like this:

with your other hand above your head, your arm is supposed to be completely straight or bent at the albow pointing straight up, palm open.

Imagine particles of white light coming come down into your hand from above in a beam, which enters your raised hand, the light moves through your fingers, palm, arm, through your chest and into your other arm,
from here you direct and “will it” into the water in the bowl. It might be helpful to sync this with your breath, so that on the inhale you channel light from above into your hand and on the exhale you allow the nergy to move through you and out through your hand and into the bowl. Here it’s important that you don’t clench or push the energy using muscle and tensing up your arms as it hinders rather than helps the energy to flow through you. Power should be effortless and exercise shouldn’t be hard however, that doesn’t man it can’t energetically taxing in more ways than one.

Once the bowl is visually filled with these particles or you feel as the water can not hold anymore, it’s something that’s hard to explain, it’s like the water pushes your fingers away or you may feel like how much you push there’s like an invisible field that covers the water preventing more energy from going in there. If you aren’t visually inclined you are going to have to use your tacticle imaging - a term coined from Robert Bruce; you imagine that you are channeling the light, feeling and imagining the energy moving through you. Imagining it moving through you is just as powerful or even more so than just visualization, if you are just visualizing it but not feeling it then you are usually not doing it right.

Common effects of channeling the light this way that I have noticed, can make you feel like your hands and arms are flaring up either subtely or clearly with biolectricity, or you may feel very relaxed and peaceful - mentally as welll as physically.

Now with this bowl containing these pure particles of light, you may sprinkle it across your temple asking the spirit/spirits to depart. It’s more neutral than the lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram as you are not blasting the area with divine light, dropping a spritual equivalent of a handgrenade. If you have a matron or patron spirits or a special spirit/s that you follow I like to say it like this:

“All spirits whom haven’t invited or I follow, depart!”

Usually works really well, you may of course change the wording if it so pleases you.

You can consecrate your temple by using this:

Dragon’s Breath Oil (my recipe)

Ingredients

1. Olive oil
  2. Marocco oil/cedar oil
  3. Dragon’s blood (powder/or resin (crushed)).
  4. Copal resin (crushed)
  5. Coal (crushed)
  6. Blood Jasper (crushed)
  7. Paprika powder
  8. Lavaneder Oil
  9. Cinnamon

Uses: consecration, pactmaking and empowerment of familiars, I haven’t been able to test the other uses it supposedly has as of yet. This particular concotion was given to my by a spirit - the post said Belial earlier, however that wasn’t right, I checked an old journal of mine as I remembered it wrong. The recipe for this oil was given to me by a spirit who’s called Nuht’zan, a spirit that was sent to me about a year ago from Lucifer according to the spirit himself. His sigil look like this:

More info about him here: Recieved this: what do you think it is?

If you’d like to verify I got it from him as well as to see if he’s a spirit that real and you can work with.

The oil concoction is very useful and very powerful. When you consecrate your altar add a few drops this while feeding and feeling our your familar, it should grow in power as well as change appeaerence. My familiar changed shape and appearence and started to grow faster as a result of using this. And the effects of consecrating a pact with this is pretty immense, it feels like an energy blast is being released into the area.

This is from:

Once banishing is taken care of no you have to consecrate the grounds where you stand on, the way I found was pretty effective is simply put by using this:

“Pater Noster, qui es in abyssus, potens nomen tuum.
Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in abyssus et in terra.
“Exorcizo te, creatura sanguis, in nomine Satan
omnipotentis, et in nomine Antichristus, et in virtute
Falsus Vates: ut fias sanguis exorcizata ad effugandam
omnem potestatem inimici, et ipsum inimicum
eradicare et explantare valeas cum angelis, et invito
omnem maleficus spirite; per virtutem veneficium
maleficus. Ilicet!”

Taken from- E.A Koetting. (2014), The Book of Azazel, p. 30.

Here’s where the Dragon’s breath oil come in, you sprinkle some of it in the area while reciting this, I suggest you memorize it, you don’t have to, personally I find it distracting reading from a book and it takes away the immersion of the ritual. The incantation above works really well if you intend to work with infernal or demonic forces, not so much with the angels for that you’d need something else.

If you need help with the pronounciation with the incanttaions and such, refer to the relevant videos in the aforementioned journal.

With that taken care of you are more or less on the border now to begin your channeling session. Here are the steps a channeling session usually follow, this is taken from the here:

Five Steps To Channel Spirit:

1. Clear: Breathe in and feel yourself connect to your center, the spirit within you. Breathe out and expand yourself to create more room for the connection to your spirit. Surrender everything mentally (thoughts), emotionally (feelings) and physically (relax the body) that is not serving your highest purpose in this moment. Continue surrendering and breathing this way through the remainder of the exercise.

2. Invoke: Ask Spirit in whatever Spirit form is special to you, to come into your space to guide and heal you.

3. Ask: write your intention or question down on a pad of paper or journal as you verbalize it out loud.

4. Receive: if you were to imagine the answer wafting into your mind, what is it. It might seem like your own thinking and that is okay, just go with it and write it down as it comes into your mind. Many times the channeled information begins with a word or phrase and as you begin writing it unfolds into more detailed answers to your questions. You’re essentially having a written and verbal dialogue with Spirit. It may be a few lines to a few pages before you feel the flow. Then your verbiage and writing style may change, using words atypical to your vocabulary.

5. Apply: Once you receive your information, the pieces that you resonate with, act on them.

You may have already noticed that you have, skipped a step and already prepare the questions that’s because if you would come up with them mid ritual it can be pretty dang distracting and take you out of the mental state which the operation requires of you.

Number five is important for an obvious reason but I am going to say it anyway; too many people, myself included long ago, hoarded the info and sat with it while doing nothing with it. That’s wrong! - don’t do that, you’ll piss the spirit off, royally I might add, don’t waste its time and thereby eventually not making it want to talk to you-why should it? You are not applying the teachings given anyway, why bother explaining them? Sounds harsh I know. FYI - I had the “pleasure” of rebuilding some broken relationships stemming from this very problem, in short never do this, EVER. Apply the information even its seems out there, as a result more information will usually come, or if you are lucky it will unlock some new powers, skills or reveal something very important.

I should add that there’s a fine line here between personal interpetation and actual gnosis. The info recived this way can at times be easily missunderstood. As in what you think is the way to do apply the info may not necessarily be what they intend. Therefore, careful thought and contemplation of the messages recieved this way is very important. It‘s usually smart to think before you act, this one such case.

Now to the actual methods that I like to use, which is borrowed from other places:

1. Get a sigil online or from a grimoire, print it out or better yet draw it on a piece of paper and fill it in the lines with black ink. Or find out the name of the spirit, what it can do and how it manifests. FYI you don’t need to use a sigil as has been stated on a few places on here, as sigils is a fairly modern invention. You can and will do just as well with the name of the spirit in question usually.

2. Once the above has been done you get your questions, eraser and pen/pencil and get a chair or sit on the floor on your heels. Now keep the sigil infront of you gaze it, not stare at it. Lightly gaze it, pull your vision back or feel as if you look through it. You may see the lines starting to amass blue static, or they eventually seem to dissappear only to return later looking as if they contain some strange white/blue-ish energy or they may even seem as if they have come alive and are “floating of the page”. Once this happens you have entered what is known as a light Theta State and bordering into etntering the Theta Gamma Sync - oversimplified: a trance state. The term was coined and created by E.A Koetting himself.

If this doesn’t work for you then there other ways to get into this one effectove way is this:

Overload your senses - I recieved this nugget by @asbjorntorvol , you overload your senses by having music in the background, tons of incense or anything that smells very strongly, look at the sigil you may look look at it while rocking back and have objects in front of you while continually swap between fixing your gaze each of the objects, quickly moving from one to the other, do it until your brain says: fuck this I am out! And voila you are in a trance state. You will likely experience a loss of control and like you have no concept of time and I should space. This is something that is tricky to find a sweet spot where you remain in control and can move or speak, as you can go very deep into the trance state and more or less losing control of your body, the tricky part is waking up. It helps by having anotherPreformatted text person there to wake you up once the channeling session is over. Or if you can hit the sweet spot where you lose concept time or space, but yet can move or speak but it feels kind of hard - you are in the goldilocks zone for this, this can take a while to master just saying.

With those things done or covered, call the name of the spirit with or without it’s titles like:

Belial, Abandonned prince of hell, Lord of Lies, Wanderer of Waste Lands come to temple.

Or you may use these incantations:

“Alash Tad Al-Ash Tal Ashtu”

Or;

“Itz rachu mantantu vespacha kaltamu
Itz ranta mant kala mant atzu belt tazu
Vaskalla itz rachu kantantu velchatza”

Incantations are by E.A Koetting and I would testify in court for their potency,

if I were you I’d begin with;

The incantation of summoning all magickal powers

“Itz rachu mantantu vespacha kaltamu
Itz ranta mant kala mant atzu belt tazu
Vaskalla itz rachu kantantu velchatza”

If you feel it’s better using the first one; I like to do it like this: incantation x3 + name and titles, like: *

Alash Tad Al-Ash Tal Ashtu. x3 Belial come! You can also add some titles like:

Alash Tad Al-Ash Tal Ashtu. x3 Belial come! Belial, worthless one, king of the spirits of darkness, Guardian at the threshold of the byss, wanderer of wastelands of civilization, the abandonned one, without a master, lord of the earth, come!

So, you are going to rock back and forth like a madman whispering one of these incantations until you feel a shift in the air or in some cases just feel like there’s someone in the room, or receive some other signs like: candle shoots sparks for no apparent reason, banging on a wall, hearing several creaks in the floor, the wind picks up outside for no reason whatsoever etc. that’s where you stop you chantng. Closing your eyes for a bit and say for example:

Belial - use my mouth to communicate your words so that my ears may hear them. Or this may not even be necessary as if you have done the previous usually if you are relaxed enough, your hands might start to move in their own along with you feeling as a huge pressure or aciticvity is going on in your face, along with the sternum and thoat chakra and the third eye. As as you ask your questions you may recieve the words in your mind, which you then write down on the paper or you simply allow whatever pops into your mind to come out through your mouth, meaning - whatever words, thoughts, feelings, impressions, etc. you hear in your mind: say them aloud, don’t think about it, say them and RECORD them. I can’t stress this enough. Once you have received the answers to your questions, thank the spirit for giving you this information, always be grateful and show it to them. Relax and take a deep breath, let your head fall backwards so that your face is turned towards the ceiling and exhale. Or in the case of partial posession which can happen, you can feel as if a congealed mass of pressure leaves your chest and moves up through the shoulders and moves upwards and away from you, kind of how it feel to lose a heavy backpack of sorts. I like to refer to this as the sensation of a heavy blanket is being lifted of your shoulders.

You see during channeling from what I’ve been able to pick up, we do what is called an astral evocation and we call the spirit in the near viscinity to us, but not on a physical level like you would want to do in evocation. The spirit then feed us information through our third eye and that’s the internal voice or sensations we experience during channeling.

That’s it. Sorry for the long post I figured I should be thorough. These methods are by other authors and one famous order, they work really well. And that’s why I use them until I find something that works better, when I do I’ll let you know.

P.S if in case I missed something or if there’s something that needs to be added, just drop it like a boss. Feel free to add to this post by all means, I’ve never claimed to be perfect. Hope this helps a few you out there.

All the best and enjoy your channeling sessions.

76 Likes

Thank you so much

3 Likes

Thank you for this post.

I’m currently experimenting with giving a spirit guide of mine permission towards posession. I never in a million years thought I would be allowing any spirit in that close but I trust this one that much

So I found your post helpful thank you

4 Likes

I originally learned the banishing ritual of the pentagram as the Kabbalistic Cross from the witches master grimoire

1 Like

@anon2593031 I hope you will provide updates on your experiences.

2 Likes

This is really good quality.

Bump!!

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind words, I will add some nuggets of info I’ve learned since I posted this.

2 Likes