How many sigils can a person handle?

Hello, i wonder how many sigils and pacts are just to many to handle i currently have 13 and thought of doing a few others.
Please lmk your opinions and how many who’ve had open and in use at one time. Ty

4 Likes

Your limits are your own. Some can handle more, some less. It really depends on the situation.

3 Likes

Most ongoing I had was 9. Felt good burning them all when it was over because it was a lot to take.

1 Like

I understand. Didnt want to over crowed my temple and burn myself out.

1 Like

Was that the 9 kings by any chance

1 Like

Not all were the kings but a good portion. Also I just remembered it was 10 sigils.

1 Like

Hmm. May i ask who they where if you remeber? Reason is because i have a list of new ones.

1 Like

Personally I even use them directly on screen, or keep around (not so around…) those on paper, ready for the first or next work; except for some that I “sprinkled” with blood, rolled and delivered via Water with the washbasin.

2 Likes

Are you succeeding and getting tangible results with the ones you have?

Attention is a factor in magick, if this feels right to you and like you’re building an army, AND (this is the most important thing) you’re getting results, this may be a good method for you.

But if you’re not sure it’s helping, consider reducing the number and increasing focus on what you have. There’s no single correct answer to this, results are the determining factor IMO.

I have open portals to many spirits (opened sometimes by tracing their seal, other times just with intent) and I don’t find these problematic, but it might not be suitable for someone with a slightly more normal lifestyle, or for whom their Temple served other purposes. :wink:

2 Likes

As far as results go yes & no. I had a dream lastnight where i screamed out the names of most of the spirits i had already. Maybe i should focus more on those… But the army method is kinda what i had in mind. Hell i thought about doing all 72 but then again thats way to much to handle.

1 Like

@SoulofCinder If you want an army their are rituals that are meant to summon a nice legion of lesser demons

1 Like

What??? FUCK YEAH. Please tell me the ritual or where to find it. That sounds EPIC.

1 Like

I think you might need to bring your focus down again to a few sigils, if you’re not seeing results?

I’m hesitant to tell you what to do, for sure, but the general guideline is 3 sigils at a time, I worry you’re placing doing this ahead of working on your psychic senses, and getting tangible results, I mean THINGS, not nice insights that won’t buy you a cup of coffee.

If you go back to basics, IMO (again, don’t take this as what you MUST do!) a more powerful way to advance would be:

• choose a specific goal - not “power” because what’s it for? You want something tangible, like a new job, money, a gilfriend, or at least a phsyical sensation from a succubus or whatever
  • 1 - 3 spirits chosen carefully that you’re going to work with to attain this, ALL the major grimoire spirits command armies of their own, so there’s no need to assume they’re not powerful and keep adding (you may even insult them if that’s slightly at the back of your mind)
  • then, task them specifically WITH that goal, and to troubleshoot by asking WHY if it fails to work out.

Otherwise you risk getting distracted, discouraged, maybe even going a little crazy from too many open seals, and I don’t think you’re at a point where crazy would be constructive, too many newbies overdo things (often with sigils, covered in blood quite casually) and burn out, leave the forum, and try to walk away from it all.

I don’t want that for anyone, so, that’s why I’m fussing a bit here, okay? :wink:

1 Like

And another thing - get a mentor asap, by that I mean ONE spirit you like already from their description, ask them to mentor you and enter a pact for a short period, if things work out, consider making the pact longer.

The action of getting a spirit you can see (clairvoyantly is fine) and hear (clairaudiently is, again, fine) as a mentor is the basic initiatory action of every single kind of magick that I;ve ever heard of, and without this, you’re kind of running around blind and not knowing which next action to take, to get the things you want.

With a mentor by your side who is invested in your success, you can ASK for the next steps to take, and you’ll go farther, faster, and not risk going crazy from too many spirits linked to your energies.

3 Likes

Thats what i was afraid of… Maybe its time to clear things up a bit. A mentor? I would have to meditate on who that would be. I definitely dont want to insult any spirits but the feeling of power i guess is what i was going after. Like catching all the pokemon haha. Really though i dont mind the fussing even if im a newbi i need guidlines. I wont do anymore sigils but what should i do with the ones i PM you about. Currently they are folded up. Should i burn them. And say thanks will work with you soon.?

1 Like

Burn over an open fire at night, or wrap them in a black cloth and break them by force. Remember to say thank you and release any spiritual ties

2 Likes

Agreed - thank them, tell them you hope to work with them in future, and to make their names heard by you if they wish to contact you, and then release the ties and burn them.

You’ll get more power IMO by intensifying your focus, getting a mentor and asking them to lead you through a pathworking to increase power, open your senses more, and start getting (I say it again) tangible results in the areas that matter most to you right now. :thumbsup:

1 Like

Thankyou for your wisdom ladyeva :slight_smile: