How magick help on stage

Hi All,
Just to understand more, how evocation and invocation helps the magician like david blaine or david copperfield etc… any examples ???

Thanks in advance
Bill

Hi Billsingh,

I think that you may be mistaking ritual magic for stage magic. They are two quite different things…

From Wikipedia:
Magic (sometimes referred to as stage magic to distinguish it from paranormal or ritual magic) is a performing art that entertains audiences by staging tricks or creating illusions of seemingly impossible or supernatural feats using natural means. These feats are called magic tricks, effects or illusions.

On the other hand, ritual magic…
From Wikipedia:
Magic or sorcery is an attempt to understand, experience and influence the world using rituals, symbols and language in a manner similar to religion. Modern Western magicians generally state magic’s primary purpose to be personal spiritual growth.

On saying that, one could use ritual magic to increase their levels of success, their wealth, their ‘stage presence’ etc. But this can just as easily be applied to ANY job or activity.

Hope that helps.

Agreed with you R3D, on youtube there are lots of videos saying that Stage Magicians like Dynamo using dimonic or Deamons or Demons to manipulate the physical objects, or appear or disappear the objects. I just want to know if that is true or may be remotely possible to do that. If not possible how Stage Magicians do that. All those things cannot be all tricks.

Regards
Bill

Sorry to burst your bubble bud, but all stage magic is sleight of hand & illusion. There is no demonic assistance whatsoever.

[quote=“billsingh, post:3, topic:4083”]Agreed with you R3D, on youtube there are lots of videos saying that Stage Magicians like Dynamo using dimonic or Deamons or Demons to manipulate the physical objects, or appear or disappear the objects. I just want to know if that is true or may be remotely possible to do that. If not possible how Stage Magicians do that. All those things cannot be all tricks.

Regards
Bill[/quote]

They can be, and are tricks… If you are keen, you can find YouTube videos detailing how most of their tricks are performed. Though, watching them does kill the illusion and the experience as a watcher. :slight_smile:

If you are interested in learning stage magic, there are some great resources out there. Though you would be best to learn the basics and work up to major illusions (as they require skill and sometimes a great deal of money to set up!).

Nail on the head! It really is amazing how so many do and want to believe in the magic they see. A great example was Dynamo in the UK… He did a ‘levitation’ effect over a major landmark. When people discovered shadows of the suspension lines in the photos later, they were upset and abused him for being “a fake”. This is a great insight into human psychology… People WANT to believe.

To drag this Topic back into the realm of possibility I would like to mention that Bardon worked as a Stage Magicken/Performer.
The Story goes that he used real Magick what started the whole thing with the FOGC Lodge.
Also Hypnosis was considert to be Magick up to the not so distant Past.
[Please excuse my English]

Yea, I think it would be a little ignorant, and perhaps even arrogant to believe that “all” stage magick is based on tricks. I mean, you get magick spells thrown at you all the time that, to may of us, seem like nothing but advertising or propaganda. Since people believe that all stage magick is a trick, then it wouldn’t really threaten a magician to use an actual power on stage. All he or she has to do is keep their acts mostly in the realm of tricks… but there’s no reason to doubt the possibility that stage magicians might use real magick every once in a while.

Can someone please explain this to me, if you understard this.

Demon Magicians: Episode 3 - Reveal THIS - (Keith Barry, Justin Flom, World’s greatest Cabaret)

Sleight of hand

[quote=“billsingh, post:1, topic:4083”]Hi All,
Just to understand more, how evocation and invocation helps the magician like david blaine or david copperfield etc… any examples ???

Thanks in advance
Bill[/quote]

Maybe in a twisted metaphorical way but… At this point in time there is a seriously clear and unambiguous distinction between spirituality and entertainment.

Evocation and invocation has nothing to do with the lousy half baked performances of the above no talents.

Can someone please explain this to me, if you understard this.

Demon Magicians: Episode 3 - Reveal THIS - (Keith Barry, Justin Flom, World’s greatest Cabaret)[/quote]

That is called Mentalism; there are some good books and online videos on that. It can look like mind reading - but it is not. (I have worked with mentalists and studied mentalism)

Also, you can look up ‘cold reading’. This is a set of techniques often used by psychics to give a reading. Anyone can learn it. That’s not to say all psychics are frauds… But plenty are.

Well I am still not convince, just look at this one ??? I really want to believe what you guys saying but …

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI7uHI1x09A#t=16]Demon Magicians: Episode 1 - Reveal THIS - Criss Angel, Hans Klok, David Blane - YouTube

Dude, it’s very simple. These street magicians & performers are trained to utilize sleight of hand (the hand is quicker than the eye) to perform all this seeming “magic.”

Youtube is full of videos that show you EXACTLY how this kind of stuff is done.

The bottom line is that the spirits we call aid is in real, tangible ways. These tricks and illusions are just that, tricks and illusions. This kind of stuff doesn’t benefit anyone except the street performing magician who is making money from exposure on the internet, doing shows, etc. And he isn’t calling upon anything except his own training to do this stuff.

We are actual magicians who work with spirits. If we’re telling you that kind of stuff ISN’T what spirits actually do, you really should take our word for it, lol :stuck_out_tongue:

The only way a person is going to use any spirit for street illusions is if they invoke the spirit to bring in paying customers.

Bingo, the nail has been hit on the head by the hammer by Euoi.

And also to give themselves enough stage presence that people don’t even WANT to look for the real cause of the illusion.

In London, in Trafalgar Square you can find people who appear to be levitating, they’re actually balanced VERY carefully on a single metal rod that has a small platform, but it takes a moment to really see through it and that’s because they’re stood stock-still so you have time to figure the illusion. That’s just one example and no ordinary beginner could achieve that level of balance, so it’s not the first thing you think of and it would be quite easy to deceive people if they weren’t given time to examine how the trick’s done.

I feel like Derren Brown is an actual magician in his spare time, in his interview with Dawkins, he lies to him about his viewpoint and you can pick it up with his eye cues(NLP). I do not think he is an atheist or entirely honest in what he actually believes.