How long can you keep eyes open without blinking?

Before I get to my questions let me tell you what I know about keeping eyes open without blinking. I’ve first thought about the significance of this over a decade ago when I was reading books about yogis. I read about a master yogi that was teaching his student about not blinking. He said that if you could keep your eyes open without blinking for something like between 30 and 60 mins (I can’t remember the exact time but it was roughly between there) then one has the ability to have any wish/desire fulfilled.

Then I read in Koetting’s book “Ipsissimus” how a yogi was teaching him this same exercise. The yogi in that book told E.A that once he could keep his eyes open for ten minutes without blinking or straining then he would be ready to leave him. E.A struggled with it for a while. He started at one minute and over the course of a few months worked his way up to ten minutes in small increments.

When I do this exercise, I don’t look at anything specific. I just gaze into the distance and after one or two minutes, I stop paying attention to the world around me. I then start having internal visions. I think I am in the theta/gamma sync at this point but don’t know. I don’t get any static rain. When doing this exercise looking at a sigil, I rarely get the lines to flash.
Do you guys think it gets you into the Theta/Gamma sync faster?
What do you think is the significance of this exercise? Why do they say you could have any wish fulfilled if done for a long enough time? How long have you guys been able to do this exercise? I have my own thoughts on these questions but I want to here from you guys. Is there any additional information about this exercise that any of you could add?

I just started trying, and it sounds lot easier than it is… At least i suck at this. Only 19 seconds at the best LOL… Static rain i get without doing anything thought.

Try Trataka (Candle Gazing). Over time it will help stop eye strain and strengthen your eyes. You will be able to hold it for quite awhile. I can keep mine open for around 6 minutes max. Been doing the practice for about 2 months now every night.

Trataka:

Make sure you’re in a dark room when you start this practice.

1. Light a candle
  2. Stare at it until you can’t take it. You have to do it even if water is coming out of your eyes. If it slightly hurts, then stop practice for the night.
  3. Wipe out eyes.

It basically cleans the eyes over time and strengthens those eye muscles. You’d probably enter trance much faster through one pointed staring.

It could also be used to influence people through some telepathy.

I’ll leave that exercise for later.

2 Likes

[quote=“Omnipresent, post:3, topic:3126”]Try Trataka (Candle Gazing). Over time it will help stop eye strain and strengthen your eyes. You will be able to hold it for quite awhile. I can keep mine open for around 6 minutes max. Been doing the practice for about 2 months now every night.

Trataka:

Make sure you’re in a dark room when you start this practice.

1. Light a candle
  2. Stare at it until you can’t take it. You have to do it even if water is coming out of your eyes. If it slightly hurts, then stop practice for the night.
  3. Wipe out eyes.

It basically cleans the eyes over time and strengthens those eye muscles. You’d probably enter trance much faster through one pointed staring.

It could also be used to influence people through some telepathy.

I’ll leave that exercise for later.[/quote]
Thanx, will try it