How Important Is Image & Style?

You have an awesome aura in your videos, and your styling and general demeanour is off the charts – how important do you think it is for a magician to dress well not just for the world, or in ritual, but also, privately at home when doing everyday things, to reinforce to themselves their own power, or whatever aspirations they have?

Do you ever have duvet days, or spend a whole day in pyjamas or jogging pants?

I confess to being (like many people who mostly work from home) a total slob in private, in fact sometimes I think the spirits only pay attention to me because my atrocious slobbiness terrorises even the darkest hell-being into cringeing submission, from the horror of it all. :o)

Be interested to hear your thoughts on this please, because you SO have your style together, and have shamed me from afar! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:1, topic:9459”]You have an awesome aura in your videos, and your styling and general demeanour is off the charts – how important do you think it is for a magician to dress well not just for the world, or in ritual, but also, privately at home when doing everyday things, to reinforce to themselves their own power, or whatever aspirations they have?

Do you ever have duvet days, or spend a whole day in pyjamas or jogging pants?

I confess to being (like many people who mostly work from home) a total slob in private, in fact sometimes I think the spirits only pay attention to me because my atrocious slobbiness terrorises even the darkest hell-being into cringeing submission, from the horror of it all. :o)

Be interested to hear your thoughts on this please, because you SO have your style together, and have shamed me from afar! :)[/quote]

Thank you for your kind words. I don’t dress well to dress well. I dress well because I like the way I look and feel. It is about how you feel that is important. It has always been known that aesthetics is important in the LHP, but it should make you feel powerful. Sometimes I wear a nice button up shirt, other times it’s band t’s, my leather and combat boots. Most of the time it is a combination of the two. And yes, sometimes I spend the day in my sweatpants, lol.

6 Likes

Right, nice - guess I need to run some bench-tests, the Care Bears tee, versus something a little more archetypal, a little more affirming to my own senses, and discover what feels most empowering. Hmmn. I do think I could probably raise my game.

Thank you very much for taking time to reply, and giving me a glimpse into the realm of the naturally stylish! :slight_smile:

Much appreciated.

4 Likes

I can feel powerful in my underwear! :smiling_imp: But I have always felt more powerful when wearing black and red. Most of my clothes are dark colors. I love ceremonial magic, even though I rarely do it anymore. I do like a nice robe, or certain attire items when doing some work. I like to use color in some of my magic, so will use it in mundane clothes to take my magic out in public.

2 Likes

Yeah thanks for the bumpski, I got a dress made in red velvet, like an old one I had but better, also bought some better nighties lol…:sunglasses:

I now am fabulous, or at least, far less like a slightly skanky maniac! :smiley:

3 Likes

Can’t seem to see the pics @Orion and @Lady_Eva … re-upload please! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Oh shit, what the hell, since you insist okay - this is a first and ONLY time share of me in my ritual clothes, also with my coven, because I don’t like to be too overt, but since you asked…

Lady Eva In Her Temple, Most Annointed, Very Wow

3 Likes

Wow! Nice! You look like a survivor, with character. Strong and beautiful.

Thank you!

1 Like

This whole conversation makes me happy! Im glad some people are as “pj” as me and also as “dress for power” as me (might be clothing-bipolar, yep)

I hate to be in public in slobby clothes, makes me feel cheap and unworthy, but if i don’t have to put on “real clothes” i generally don’t. I am of the opinion that my outward appearance has little bearing on my mind’s worth, but when I do heavy duty works of Power, i wear my steel-toed boots and jeans. Outward appearance DOES impact the mind’s FUNCTION, its why people wear robes and use wands and staves!

But i love my pjs…

3 Likes

[quote=“Rahnoren, post:8, topic:9459, full:true”]Wow! Nice! You look like a survivor, with character. Strong and beautiful.

Thank you![/quote]

I’ll share the “down my wellies” saucy toe shots, for $9,995 - PM Timothy for concessions, I mean these guys have been handling this for a small number of select clients, A-listers, people like that - wait until we auction licking my toes! :innocent:

“Break the internet”?

I think so. :wink:

6 Likes

It will absolutely break the internet.

2 Likes

my power clothes consist of onesies, pjs, band T-shirts and black skinny jeans. and my ritual robes.

2 Likes

WE KNOW… :sunglasses: :flushed:

1 Like

wait what?

1 Like

You got a little something there near your chest … like a white smudge.

2 Likes

buzzer goes off wrong.

1 Like

“Neglect not the dawn-meditation!” Liber 333 Chapter 48 – which can be performed in front of a mirror with a razor, necktie, lipstick or other Magickal weapons to hand! The plain facts are that successful people dress for success. One of the only occultists who seems to have recognised this was the late Anton La Vey and his treatise The Complete Witch should be studied by all aspiring magicians.

Who is the better magician – the freak (with an aversion to water) in the confronting tee shirt and cheap inverted pentagram medallion or the guy in the business suit, who has the right connections and is in league with a legion of demons? The Western World has greater wealth, cheaper commodities, more opportunity and efficient modes of product distribution than at any other time and yet the majority of sheeple choose to dress like “a refugee from Purgatory, living in Limbo”. Fashions change as quickly as lager turns to piss, but style is eternal.

In large part, clothes make the man or woman. All societies are stratified. If you want to get ahead – get a hat. Remember that clothing and jewellery should compliment the wearer, not themselves and that if being a femme fatale is your thing, a stiletto heel of at least 7.5 centimetres is not only a great weapon if wielded correctly, but has a number of uses – including effective body movement.

Many occultniks tend toward the sartorial ‘default position’ of black, but having little (and no conscious) knowledge of the Magick of black, fail to powerfully employ it. Black is mysterious, powerful, sexy and ethereal which was why the S.S. wore it, Xtian priests and nuns wear it, goddesses can and authority figures do – but all colours can be used; for example, brown clothing (particularly dark brown clothing) subconsciously projects that you are poor.

Decide who you want to be. Research the look you wish to invoke. However, if you want to be as different and as fashion conscious as everybody else and are happy with your life, continue to think what you always think, do what you always do, dress as you always dress and you will get what you always get!

The Society Ordo Templi Orientis International advises its members to read Dress for Success and The Women’s Dress for Success Book by John T. Molloy, but it is one of the very few occult organisations that bother with the topic of dress. The others are the Church of Satan and the Temple of Set. This can be confirmed by simple observation. The occultist’s world is a shallow one populated by insignificant, marginal types and replete with social security recipient ‘could have beens’. Given that, is it any wonder whatsoever that the public’s perception of Magick has increasingly been relegated to the obscure, angst filled shadows of adolescent longing?

The real magicians have no need to flaunt their strangeness, because they are not strange at all, just powerful and in control. We may not like or agree with them but that does not concern those leaders of business, politics, arts or academia. True magicians have always ruled the many and the known! Most would deny that they are magicians. They dress with elegance - timeless and calculating; networking and conspiring in a dream that money alone cannot purchase. Often their personalities have a force that distorts the contours both of judgement and of everyday perception. Take a look around and you will discover successful magicians everywhere and all of them start fashions, not follow them!

Sadly, the arts of mimicry have a higher position in the Japanese Temple of Set than in any other lhp orders.

OUA.

6 Likes

I didn’t know @Lady_Eva is a survivor of the Seige of Leningrad :smile:

2 Likes

Wonderfully written and very true.

1 Like

I love your post. I believe in " live and let live". However, I must admit that it twists my shorts that about every time the media shows LHP topics, its the stereotypical look. Usually a very young, dressed in black, unkept looking, and symbols. Don’t forget the heavy death metal as the soundtrack. :rage: Rarely will they ever show that well dressed, successful person. When Im out in public, rarely will anyone be able to look at me and deduce my practices or beliefs. I don’t feel the need to advertise. I like to keep my element of secrecy, as that can enhance some workings. I do on occasion work in shorts, barefoot, and no shirt. When I work with deities, or spirits, I do like to dress well or ceremonial as a show of respect and sincerity, as I would for anyone I invite to my home.

2 Likes