How do you view Hell

Isn’t what he said true in that in the Christian faith, selling your soul does damn you to Hell? Of course if you don’t believe in Christianity, this is false, but I would assume that he was speaking from this perspective in order to make a point for any Christians watching.

@Nyxifer @Iam_Incide Okay. When EA speaks of damnation he is speaking of something very specific in relation to the anti-transmigratory principle. The RHP seeks essentially to “go to Heaven” so to speak which of course EA doesn’t agree with. Damnation in this context means that you are damning yourself away from that idea of going to “Heaven”. That knowledge that whatever you do from now on “Heaven” is lost to you. That you are beyond salvation. That you have to be your own God so to speak.

2 Likes

@Nyxifer @Iam_Incide In other words in EA’s Lexicon Damnation=Good. In order to truly grow upon the LHP you must realize that the RHP “God” or “Heaven” is lost to you. That you’ve gone so much down the Path of Darkness that to Become your own God is the only choice.

2 Likes

How would “Heaven” (merging with the Source) ever be permanently lost to someone, though? It would seem to me that no matter what, one would always have the option to renounce self-deification and choose to merge with the Source. And since the LHP is all about personal power, wouldn’t at least theoretically being able to make this choice qualify as a form of power?

There may be consequences to breaking those pacts, but you still have the free will to break them, no? I guess I’m just trying to say that, IMO, part of becoming a God is in recognizing our own limitless potential and choice as far as which path we take. Even if we may continue to choose the left hand, my point is that the right hand should at least still be a theoretical option.

1 Like

@Nyxifer I disagree. That’s like saying it’s a strength to be able to choose weakness.

I’m not saying that. Just that it’s a strength to recognize that at all times, we still possess the free will to make that choice. We are not robots, doomed to forever follow our programming.

Interesting. Would the death and eternal torment be instant upon the breaking of the pact?

1 Like

That’s your own definition of it, but not something I agree with, nor do many other practitioners - to many of us, LHP has nothing to do with what spirits you work with nor with tying yourself to only one current for all time, this definition is clear on that and I personally agree with it:

[quote]Essentially, the left-hand path is the path of non-union with the objective universe. It is the way of isolating consciousness within the subjective universe and, in a state of self-imposed psychic solitude, refining the soul or psyche to ever more perfect levels. The objective universe is then made to harmonize itself with the will of the individual psyche rather than the other way around.

Where the right-hand path is theocentric (or certainly alleocentric: “other centred”), the left-hand path is psychecentric, or soul/self-centred. Those within the left-hand path may argue over the nature of this self/ego/soul, but the idea that the individual is the epicentre of the path itself seems undisputed.

An eternal seperation of the individual intelligence from the objective universe is sought in the left-hand path. This amounts to an immortality of the independent self-consciousness moving within the objective universe, and interacting with it at will.
~ Stephen Flowers, “Lords Of the Left-Hand Path”[/quote]

I’m only mentioning this because it is misleading to state that the LHP definitively requires religion-like service to any spirits or forces, such as you yourself have chosen.

RHP is service, obedience, LHP is freedom and power. If you accept being punished by your spirits because you chose to do something different, that’s the same as being a devout Christian who fears hell for reading Harry Potter.

I’m not being mean, because you’re obviously okay with it, but service and submission is RHP as fuck, and it’s wrong to state that your own version of slavery, which you have regularly stated includes the desire to enslave “dross” and political opponents, is LHP.

7 Likes

[quote=“TheStorm, post:30, topic:20147”]
That’s like saying it’s a strength to be able to choose weakness.[/quote]

Why is it bad to chose weakness? Why is it bad to put our strengths, which sometimes can be so exegerrated that we forget compassion and understanding of what others feel, aside for awhile?

A lot of people tend to talk like that, not only black magicians, which I can find a little hypocritical As long as they go unaffected by everyone else outside of their little bubble of indifference, shrugging their shoulders because they find someone “weaker” than themselves. Where do they go when they feel sad or depressed? Or do they repress it and wear a fake facade? What happens when that facade breaks? Because it will in one way or the other.

The strength in showing weakness is being able to deal with the reality around you. It makes us ask questions and find answers. And that’s the strength.

2 Likes

@succupedia I take issue with the fact that you equate compassion and understanding with weakness. I sure don’t.

@succupedia Weakness in my opinion is the inability to take effective action. Ignorance, Stupidity, Incompetence, Self destructive thoughts. Being willing to help others hardly fits into that category. Being so “love and light” that you can’t advance your own goals is one thing. Being a nice person is quite another.

1 Like

Vulnerability seems to be the linking factor, if i read this correctly:

To love someone is to become vulnerable in all sorts of ways, you drop any masks and let them see you in moments when you’re not boasting of your prowess, and times when you’re sick or scared or miserable, or having problems.

4 Likes

@Lady_Eva I would argue that to be so scared of becoming vulnerable that you can’t love is the greater weakness. It’s an attitude that stems from fear.

1 Like

But only a fool never feels fear - or someone who insulates themselves from real challenges.

It’s not the feeling of fear that’s weak, it’s what you do about it.

4 Likes

Agreed. It’s just that if you let fear control your life to the degree that you can’t live it then that becomes a problem.

2 Likes

Many teenagers falls easily in that category, because they still growing up and learn about life along the way. I’ve been one myself, so I can asure you about that.

I don’t equate that as a weakness. Others seems to do that.

I don’t deride anyone for going through a stage. It is simply that I, personally, strive to grow past that. [quote=“succupedia, post:41, topic:20147”]
I don’t equate that as a weakness. Others seems to do that.
[/quote]
We agree on that point then.

Exactly

Pardon me to say here that E.A Koetting is right.

I will take it that it might be good to work with demons but not advisable to sell your soul. You might never know what might happen. If you break the pact then you will have to face the consequences. And come to think of it, the demons never offer good pacts. Either you have to wear black for the rest of your life or never have kids or similar pacts which are hard to follow for the rest of one’s life.

NO OFFENSE THANKS.

EA never said anything against selling your soul.[quote=“Lord_Raven, post:44, topic:20147”]
And come to think of it, the demons never offer good pacts.
[/quote]
That is simply untrue.