How do you make magick work?

I have not been successful with magick after nine relentless months. If one has no magickal power how does one do magick? Has anyone else been in my position and is it normal to take this long to figure it out? Or is it just me?

You have to have faith absolute. Faith, not to be confused with belief and religious nonsense, requires work and persistence as well as belief. When you keep thinking about how magick doesn’t work, you’re putting that negativity into the magick, neutralizing it. You need to work on making yourself believe that you have the capability to do anything without reservation. It takes time and practice. Here’s one practice, write down every time you start a ritual and each day add how you felt after the ritual (a daily repetitive ritual would be perfect) then each week note the steps you took outside of the ritual to achieve the goal, magick never works without real effort on your part ( never forget to do the legwork), and note the results as well.

3 Likes

In my opinion, there is no human being born without magickal power. The only thing we need is to know that we do have it, and learn how to use it.

If you’ll try to figure it out on your own - nothing wrong with that - then you should expect spending a lot of time, effort, trial and error etc I’m talking years, not months. And only the strength of your will, would determine if you’ll ever find what you’re looking for or not.

Another option, is to find a mentor or a teacher. And focus on learning and practicing until you reach the level of experience that you want for yourself. You don’t have to take one-on-one lessons if that’s not possible. There are video/book courses available that would help you to get almost the same results.

1 Like

I will tell you what was shared with me 31 years ago:
“Visualization is the key to the Occult”

Take this, and expand it in the very beginning to everything you do- every practice, every focus, every meditation- everything.

3 Likes

I think practice and experimentation make magick work. Try designing your own rituals, and tweak them until you can get consistent results.

1 Like