How do you know if deity is mad at you?

I used to have small area where I worked with Hermes and Hades that was disturbed by my roommate a while back. I never fixed things back up and I just discovered that my tools (I keep them below the altar) that I use to work the alter are damaged quite violently. Is this a sign or am I imagining things and how do you know if a deity is upset with you?

2 Likes

Have you tried asking them?

1 Like

The communication has been one way. My magickal meditations have never been the the best also I am ashamed and afraid for personal reasons.

2 Likes

Okay, then try to apologize? It doesn’t seem to me like you did anything in purpose, so even if they didn’t like it they are probably not mad.

2 Likes

Is it possible the roommate did this damage?

3 Likes

I don’t know I wasn’t there. I just came home and it was like that. I didn’t bother to check the tools at the time.

2 Likes

It can’t hurt. I think I’m afraid of how hades will react the most. He takes everything quite seriously.

2 Likes

Yup. Those two can’t be more different.

If you’re truly afraid, try to make an offering to him, something simple as an apology.

2 Likes

I’m afraid because I was asking him to help watch over my finances before. He could really pull the rug out from under me if he wanted.

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t think anyone is mad about you. Fix your area of work as best as you can and then make the offering/apology and proceed as usual. Doesn’t seem you have any reason to believe something horrible will fall upon you. But, as you know, self-fulfilling prophecies are a thing.

5 Likes

Lol yeah.

1 Like

I think the Gods understand the difference between a meddling, snooping room mate and actual deliberate disrespect. I think the other posts are right, you’ve got nothing to worry about. Clean up as best you can, replace the tools that you must and carry on.

Also, I think you’d know if you had offended them. Gods can be very direct and unsubtle about how they express anger.

Just the fact you’re concerned shows you have a healthy respect for the spirits you’re working with. I think you’re good.

6 Likes