How do you all forget a spell?

What’s everyone’s methods in forgetting spells that they’ve casted? Or how you stay positive, knowing your spell will work even after weeks have passed?
I try to tell myself “it will work, it will work” constantly over and over, but my mind seems to go into meltdown with this way. Although I’ve had a few spells that have worked, I feel a lot haven’t worked because of me being like this at times.
I’m terrible at remaining positive and self doubt takes over me,
so I’m wondering if any of you have any tips that we can all share with each other.
Any tips are appreciated!

1 Like

To have a more complete practice you need a Physical Practice. It does a number of things like grounding one. A physical sport or martial art that trains you to be Focused so you are not focused on a magickal spell. This is important, because Athletes train hard to get into and to keep that Highly Focused Mental State.

4 Likes

I used to do karate, looks like I should consider taking that up again!
Thanks for your insight, I never thought of it that way.

1 Like

I don’t know… I can feel if the energy is in place the way I want, or if it’s not and I need to do more/something else/top up. It’s like scanning I guess.

1. Trust yourself, trust your work and your intuition.
  2. Don’t doubt, but do know. if you only fear it wont work, that’s magik too and you’re working against yourself. In this case you probably already messed with the energy and need to do it again or fix it
  3. Personally - and, fair warning, this is very me and I know many here don’t do this, but I’m not fond of other people’s rules - I have no issue checking in on spells. I just don’t check in out of fear, I’m just watching neutrally.

They make ovens with glass doors for the same reason - how do you know when it’s done and enough is enough? You can use this symbolism or similar to make yourself the magikal verson of a glass oven door - via intention - to adjust the temp, view the energy rising etc, without negatively affecting the process.

7 Likes

Yes. Training to use the “FLOW” state is essential as well as essential for your magickal practice.

1 Like

Thank you for your input, that’s another very interesting insight. I have actually checked a jar spell before which seemed to be making no progress, only to find out the petition wasn’t fully sunken in. However I feel like I started doubting the work after a few weeks before I realised this - lesson learnt to carry more attention in any future jar workings though!
Trust in yourself definitely seems to be the biggest factor.

1 Like

When i do spells or anything that needs to be forgotten (for the simple reason of letting the magick and spirits do their work).
I simply focus my energy, time, mind and body on something else that is unrelated. So any hobbies you have, maybe read a book and get really into the story until you forget the world around you. Maybe play video games. You could listen to music. Maybe do some physical exercises. Whatever it is just do it.
Oddly for me i tend to be able to shut off my mind very easily. But even then i still would do things to distract myself from the spell i just did.

1 Like

After ritual I slap myself across the face, then laugh!
Freshen up and get into food preparation as it keeps my mind occupied and off of things.

Al.

1 Like

Hi Bea.

This is something I’ve struggled with as of late also.
I’ve noticed a couple of patterns in it I think.

Banishing’s and work to rid oneself of enemies can be some of the most difficult work to let go of and hope it all works out. I think this is why.
Recently I’ve been having a shit year in work. My workplace is now full of dicks, it never used to be but as cool people left, arseholes where hired. Over time more conflict has entered the workplace leaving me feeling like shit when I get home every night. A few months ago, I decided It was my right to reorder my environment as I see fit. Basically getting rid of 3 people who need to go. I have cast both low and high magick forms against them and am waiting not very patiently for their exit from my life. The reason I’m struggling to just forget is that I see them every day in work and If they piss me off during the day I will, of course, end up thinking of them later in the evening. This then makes me think about the rituals and how much I need them to hurry up and the cycle continues. Whereas I notice if I’m asking for something nice to come into my life when I’m already pretty content I can forget and it will work.

so I think detachment from the overall source of the ritual not just the ritual itself is the best way to forget. As I’m unable to leave the source of the situation right now (the workplace). I instead supplement my work with protective aspects in order to help me shield myself from the issue that caused the ritual originally.

I have been trying things such as cooking and singing after rituals to help me forget. Something that I can focus on such as a recipe or hitting a complicated note as a way to detach from the ritual that I have just completed.

1 Like

You’ll have to come to my kitchen and cook a few dinners :rofl:
Thanks for your reply!

1 Like

You’re so lucky about being able to shut your mind off so easily! Hopefully I can get myself to there as well. Thanks for your reply, I’ll definitely take up your advice.

1 Like

Hi woodswitch,
Thanks for your reply. I definitely agree with you. It’s so hard when you’re waiting for something that you want to happen, to happen. I’ll send my thoughts out to you in hope that those three people will go away as soon as possible. I have no doubt that they will soon :blush:
I’ll follow your advice about starting to keep your mind busy, like a lot of others have said. I feel like I’ve been down in myself lately which stops me from doing these things. But I will definitely make myself now.
Also, I never thought of it that way, about adding protection to yourself as you can’t leave the current situation- that certainly is an idea for me to follow.
What protective aspects do you do, if you don’t mind me asking?

1 Like

Tbh its really the challenging part as far as doing magick… Especially if the spell that u made involved someone close to u… So far only that works for me is to do other things in the meantime… Like focus on ur other pet projects and leave the last spell in the back burner so to speak

1 Like

It’s definitely a challenge haha.
Thank you for your input :blush: I’ll for sure start working on other stuff to help me forget.

2 Likes

I use banishing daily just as I get into work as that is the source of my crisis. So I clock into work and then lock myself in the toilet cubicle for 5 minutes lol whilst I call on Yohach & Kalach for protection.
I also made a protection sachet which I stuff down my bra in front of my heart to protect me and allow me to overcome my enemies. It contains …
The 4th & 3rd pentacles of mars, a witches ladder made of old unbleached twine which I tied in the name of exiling my enemies, a haematite, Blood stone and turquoise first charged in a censor dish in a protective incense. I let the stones get really hot and then take them out with tongs and let them cool before sticking the in the sachet. (I recharge about once a month), a sprinkling of the protection incense goes in the sachet. (I like dragons blood resin, wormwood leaves and dead sea salt). I then chuck a whole star anise in there for protection and to dampen down the overpowering scent of the other ingredients. I carry this daily and I’ve found it works very well.
I also wear a protective amulet around my neck and wear a large Baltic amber ring which I use as a talisman to draw in protection and the intuition to sense danger. The ring is massive and I suppose would make a great knuckle duster lol which I think serves as good symbolism for my enemies haha.
Once I get home after work I will immediately remove these items and charge them next to my Himalayan salt lamp allowing the negative ions of the lamp to remove the days negativity from the items. This has become a ritual in itself, like taking your armour off at the end of a battle. Doing the same every day has allowed me to detach somewhat and forget when at home.
I am also currently on day 25 of the master protection ritual as written in Magickal protection by Damon Brand. A good little protection book.
Thank you for your kind thoughts, I will also put thoughts out there for you to get your goals achieved and to find peace whilst waiting for your ritual to take effect in the material world. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I didn’t know a Himalayan salt lamp could charge and remove negative ions. I absolutely love them, and now I like them even more! Thank you for sharing your daily protection ways with me.

1 Like

No problem at all glad I can help.

Salt lamps are negatively charged like waterfalls or large forests and dust, pollution and man made synthetics are mostly positively charged. So the theory is, given that positive bonds to negative and vise versa, the large salt lamp will draw the positive ions away from the natural spell materials and cleanse them giving them a negative ion count higher than the positive ion count. Also they are ridiculously pretty with their warm glow so any chance I get to use it i go for lol. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Generally I’m always working on multiple smaller projects related to larger ones so it is relatively easy to move from one to the next.

2 Likes

Thanks for replying :blush:

Thank you for your reply!
When you say if you don’t get what you want it usually means something better is about to manifest, do you mean that your spell will somewhat work, but not fully? Will the something better manifest as the same time the spell would work in its place, or is it the case of waiting months or years?
Many thanks :blush: