How do you actually determine your spirit animal (totem)?

Just like the title is there a way to find out for sure. I ask because I need to know in order to progress on the path of the Vitki, I am sure of one of three forms the rest not so much, yet.

3 Likes

Take a shamanic journey and ask it to reveal itself.

4 Likes

I didn’t think of that @DarkestKnight . Thanks :slight_smile: ! I guess I need to ask @Lady_Eva or a tutorial regarding this as Shamanism is an area I don’t know much about.

2 Likes

You might also find some guided meditations on YouTube that might be of help as well.

2 Likes

I will have a look for sure.

As darkest knight has already stated a shamanic journey can help with that. Besides guided you tube meditations you can also find shamanic drumming and binaural beats on you tube. Binaural beats that help trigger a theta brain wave state is a really helpful way of getting into that shamanic trance. Once your in that trance pay attention to any animals you come into contact with and write them down afterwards then research as much as you can about that animal

Also it really can be as simple as taking a nature walk and paying attention to the animals that you see you might be surprised what animals jump out at you.

On nature walks I have gotten everything from squirrels to dolphins and manatees
(I live in florida where this is actually possible)

Some animals are like my core animal group that will always be there others come and go with a message for that time

After experimentation you will know which is which

5 Likes

I miss living in Florida where I was surrounded by wildlife even in a suburban neighborhood. I grew up in Lake Worth my entire life. I’m trying to adjust to living in Huntsville, Alabama and recently came upon the realization that I never see fucking lizards! Lizards just are not a thing here, but there is a shitload of fireflies and I came upon my first praying mantis sighting the other night, which, for some reason, was both an experience that drew me in and horrified some kind of deep aspect of my sensibilities when it turned it’s head to look at me.

2 Likes

Did you ever get into contact with your spirit animal? I used the “search” function which is why I’ve come across this old thread.

1 Like

My totem animal is Escherichia coli, so I don’t do much in the way of shamanistic journeying because it causes stomach troubles and always ends in me spray-painting the bowl. That said, I strongly recommend nicotine as it’s part of shamanism and really works. Try vaporizers and strong nicotine salts or oral tobacco pouches.

Al.

4 Likes

Escherichia Coli is a bacterium residing mainly in the human intestines… As a biology girl I find this amusing! :grinning:

1 Like

O.K., putting aside the fact that I’d kill myself if I couldn’t access the nicotine levels I constantly need, I highly recommend nicotine for Magickal/shamanistic work. If you don’t smoke you can always start. And it’s never too late, that’s what I maintain. That aside, using nicotine for shamanistic work can be achieved by vaporising strong nicotine salt solutions with 1 ohm or freebase high nicotine liquids with sub-ohm atomisers.

In high enough doses nicotine is psychoactive – been there, done that. This is why I recommend nicotine so highly. In smaller doses it’s a stimulant, in larger doses a depressant. High nicotine oral tobacco pouches placed top-deck will whack you in less than ten minutes, but keep them there as long as you can without vomiting.

Al.

1 Like