How do other people do candle magic?

So I am sure some people have done a little if not a lot of candle magic. BUT I am curious as to how other people do it?

I take the previous energy out of a candle and put my own into it with whatever feeling I feel I need to use for that candles specific working. I continue with that working until the candle is gone completely. I do not often pay attention to the moon phases or use oils. I sometimes burn a certain type of incense though.

2 Likes

A number of different ways. For exampleā€¦creating a circle of Candles with 1 Rune enscribed per candleā€¦ The. Putting my intent or self in the center.

• sex magick grid: my own co figuration around bedroomā€¦bed is the Altar.

• Scout out a building or Areaā€¦enscribing Runes in key Locationsā€¦I keep record of symbols uzed whereā€¦somewhere else I have 1 or more candles depending on what Im doing and I carve runes used in candles, and proceed with whatever ritual.

My procedure :-

Take new candleā€¦ Inscribe desire on it using knifeā€¦ Meditate on the goal for sometimeā€¦ Then dress the candle with some oilsā€¦

Light the candle and raise it while imagining that universe is sending white coloured powers into itā€¦

Then gaze into candle lightā€¦and visualising my End Resultā€¦I do it in First Person mode like I am seeing it happening through my own eyes and sometimes add psychic touches to add more impactā€¦

When all desires are exhausted ā€¦and I can no longer visualizeā€¦ I snap out my fingers and stop candle burningā€¦ And forget about results.

Thatā€™s how I do itā€¦ I am sorry if you were asking for something elseā€¦

1 Like

Wow,I feel like my methods are so meek,in comparison to you guys.

I usually do it in the following manner.I bring a candle,onto my kitchen table,and a lighter,thatā€™s easy to use(since I canā€™t use lighters that are too hard to flick :P) and I shut out the lights.

I usually do this at night,when there is more darkness,less of a chance of getting caught,more power in the magic,more sway over the spirits,more sensitivity in the subjects involved,and a greater level of receptivity in me(not only do my mood swings make me ecstatic at night,but the circadian rhythm makes entering a trance very easy)

In pure darkness I look at the room and try to visualize it in my inner sight.I meditate as an opening,and I soon enter the TGS and sometimes even the Rapture.I open my eyes and look at the wick of the candle.I focus on it,and then,I light the candle.

Hypnotized by itā€™s motions,I gaze in the blue part of the flame,in the same manner that I would gaze at a scrying mirror or sigil,and follow a cadence with my breath,while my eyes follow the flame.

I sink way deeper into the trance and get bored,so I start to visualize the intended outcome.At this point,it varies on the candle spell in question,may require some fetish action,a mantra,or who knows what else.I focus on this,and I think about it.I close my eyes,visualizing it even more clearly,and pushiong my will into the wick,into the flame.

When I get distracted,bored,or whatever,which happens from 20 seconds,to 5 minutes after the visualization begins I look at the wick.With my ritual dagger,or hand,I wave above it,and speak an incantation,usually from my own head,which commands the thing to be brought to me,by certain powers,or in my own name.

Finally,I take a deep breath,push the final shreds of my will into the fire,which has always acted as both the mouthpiece and the ears of the supernatural,and affirm the intent(the ā€˜ā€˜so mote it beā€™ā€™ part of almost every spell you find when googling).

I blow out the candle,inhale bits of its smoke,and then gaze at the pure darkness around me.

The procedure changes if I do it in daylight,do it for certain spells,use water instead of fire,get rid of the candle altogether,etc.

I wrote the following thread a few months back

[url=http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/new-magician-help/very-simple-candle-spells-even-beginners-can-do-these/]http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/new-magician-help/very-simple-candle-spells-even-beginners-can-do-these/[/url]

But thatā€™s how I do simple candle spells, which I believe is what most others do to. I do have some more advanced techniques but I cannot share them as they were given to me by one of my patron demons and he requested that I keep that info between him and I.

[quote=ā€œArcane, post:4, topic:6152ā€]Wow,I feel like my methods are so meek,in comparison to you guys.

I usually do it in the following manner.I bring a candle,onto my kitchen table,and a lighter,thatā€™s easy to use(since I canā€™t use lighters that are too hard to flick :P) and I shut out the lights.

I usually do this at night,when there is more darkness,less of a chance of getting caught,more power in the magic,more sway over the spirits,more sensitivity in the subjects involved,and a greater level of receptivity in me(not only do my mood swings make me ecstatic at night,but the circadian rhythm makes entering a trance very easy)

In pure darkness I look at the room and try to visualize it in my inner sight.I meditate as an opening,and I soon enter the TGS and sometimes even the Rapture.I open my eyes and look at the wick of the candle.I focus on it,and then,I light the candle.

Hypnotized by itā€™s motions,I gaze in the blue part of the flame,in the same manner that I would gaze at a scrying mirror or sigil,and follow a cadence with my breath,while my eyes follow the flame.

I sink way deeper into the trance and get bored,so I start to visualize the intended outcome.At this point,it varies on the candle spell in question,may require some fetish action,a mantra,or who knows what else.I focus on this,and I think about it.I close my eyes,visualizing it even more clearly,and pushiong my will into the wick,into the flame.

When I get distracted,bored,or whatever,which happens from 20 seconds,to 5 minutes after the visualization begins I look at the wick.With my ritual dagger,or hand,I wave above it,and speak an incantation,usually from my own head,which commands the thing to be brought to me,by certain powers,or in my own name.

Finally,I take a deep breath,push the final shreds of my will into the fire,which has always acted as both the mouthpiece and the ears of the supernatural,and affirm the intent(the ā€˜ā€˜so mote it beā€™ā€™ part of almost every spell you find when googling).

I blow out the candle,inhale bits of its smoke,and then gaze at the pure darkness around me.

The procedure changes if I do it in daylight,do it for certain spells,use water instead of fire,get rid of the candle altogether,etc.[/quote]

I would definitely not call that process meek.

Also may I recommend, although the author of these two books is pagan in nature he is a very experienced and talented author and is highly respected amongst the white magick and RHP community but is also very recognized by some LHP practitioners. Check out Raymond Bucklandā€™s:

-Pracitical Candleburning Rituals

followed up with,

-Advanced Candle Magick

These two books go highly in depth with candle magick including colors, utilizing oils, herbs and crystals, types of candle arrangements on your altar that start out simple and eventually lead to some very over elaborate rituals. These books have dozens upon dozens up different types of candle burning spells and rituals. I would recommend any of Bucklandā€™s books as he is one of the very few authors that seems to genuinely know what he is talking about and he writes based on his experiences, not theories and guesses.

Later on, if desired, once you learn his techniques you can easily alter any of these spells to be used for curses, selfish personal gain, or dark purposes. I am currently getting rid of most of my old RHP based books and the beginners books Iā€™ve had around for many years and no longer need to free up space for newer darker grimoires but I have these two books as well as many others from this author and they will all be remaining in my collection.

[quote=ā€œRavensAscent, post:7, topic:6152ā€]Also may I recommend, although the author of these two books is pagan in nature he is a very experienced and talented author and is highly respected amongst the white magick and RHP community but is also very recognized by some LHP practitioners. Check out Raymond Bucklandā€™s:

-Pracitical Candleburning Rituals

followed up with,

-Advanced Candle Magick

These two books go highly in depth with candle magick including colors, utilizing oils, herbs and crystals, types of candle arrangements on your altar that start out simple and eventually lead to some very over elaborate rituals. These books have dozens upon dozens up different types of candle burning spells and rituals. I would recommend any of Bucklandā€™s books as he is one of the very few authors that seems to genuinely know what he is talking about and he writes based on his experiences, not theories and guesses.

Later on, if desired, once you learn his techniques you can easily alter any of these spells to be used for curses, selfish personal gain, or dark purposes. I am currently getting rid of most of my old RHP based books and the beginners books Iā€™ve had around for many years and no longer need to free up space for newer darker grimoires but I have these two books as well as many others from this author and they will all be remaining in my collection.[/quote]

Definitely worth looking into thanks for posting them.