How do I stop dreaming about my ex?

See title.

My ex sucks (not irredeemably so, I just am uninterested in putting effort into him anymore). However, probably at least once a week he shows up in my dreams still. I know he’s still soft on me, but I’m very uninterested in dealing with his shit anymore and I’d like to think about him as little as possible. Any advice?

For the record: Have done cord cutting times infinity by now, just recently told him to delete all sentimental things from me, and have done so on my end too. What now? I ask here because dreams are pretty intimate matters of the mind and I figure it’s at least somewhat adjacent.

2 Likes

When you awake after having the dream.
Close your eyes again.
Go back into the dream and change it.
This way you have full control.

Wether that’s disolving your ex.
Telling him to Fuck off and never to be seen again.
Seeing an entity you work with making sure he leaves.
Picture whatever you want.
In a nice way or not so nice way.

You may also notice that this can change the feelings associated with those dreams.

Perception and understanding can also assist with this.
When someone keeps showing up in your thoughts
The things you like is what you seek.
The things you dislike are what you don’t seek.
It’s not them it’s the qualities.
Which you can and will find in others and yourself.

Looking at things from this perspective will shift your awareness away from him.

2 Likes

First of all i’m sorry that you had to go through that. Dreams is based on what’s in your mind, i use to dream about my ex a lot after i broke up with her, time passed and i didn’t dream about her. Try to join a club, do a hobby, go on youtube and watch dumb stuff, hang out with friends, you’ll find someone better.

1 Like

If you think he’s dreamwalking, maybe try a binding to stop him finding you in the astral.

And/or, you might want to separate your universes so there’s no overlap at all any more. For this journey into his subtle space and find and remove all avatars of yourself from his space, and all avatars of his from yours.

Sounds like you already targeted the link, but he’s recreating it, in this case I also always use amaranth for forgetfulness, to cause him to forget you as anything but “someone he used to know”, and forget the feelings and the feelings in his memories - all of it must go.
I’ve posted this a few times so I won’t bore everyone with it again, I can PM you the details if it doesn’t come up as ‘amaranth poppet’ in the search :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can see it in the searches, thanks a lot for the advice! (Don’t take my brevity as me brushing it off, I’m just processing all the answers so far haha).

Thank you very much. :slight_smile: I know I will and it’s a veeery lingering ex so the pain has dulled a lot, it’s just annoying he still exists in my head at all. I’ll try and focus on other stuff though.

1 Like

I am afraid of doing that kind of ““lucid dreaming”” as I have a litany of mental issues that would likely cause something very triggering to happen in my runback of the dream, but I appreciate the advice and will definitely consider it!

1 Like

One of my exes used to astral project and barge into my dreams. We were on-again, off-again at the time and it was one of the tricks he was using to string me along. I started telling him to f*ck off and let me sleep in peace (in the dream…if I confronted him while awake, he would have just denied it). That worked pretty well, except for several months later when he was desperate to get me back.

1 Like

Follow your intuition, it knows what’s best for you. Even asking for an entity to do it on your behalf would work, to avoid those triggers.

1 Like

Hmmmm. My ex is skilled in astral projection, but I’m not sure he’d be the type to intentionally try and enter my dreams. I really don’t know, though. He’s also an empath and a few of the times when we were off talking terms he’d still check in on my emotions and stuff. Maybe that’s worth considering as a reasoning for why this stuff still happens. :confused:

1 Like

It’s certainly possible he wants to check on you without contacting you in the mundane sense.

1 Like

Ughhhh. Yeah that sounds juuust like him. Thanks for the input, and the advice you’ve given me in the past, too!

1 Like

Anytime!

1 Like

Making a dream catcher with thorns tied in the threads and the intention of “stay the hell out of my dreams” may be an interesting solution. You could even charge the thorns to cause harm if he tries if you want to go that far.

2 Likes

Oh rad, crafts and achieving my goals. 8) Guess it’s time to see it I have what it takes to make one haha.

1 Like

Lmao same here . But i haven’t talked to this one in years? I don’t care at all , why all of a sudden am i even dreaming her ? I woke up and was like “ wtf” went back to sleep and the dream just continued . Weird . I mean , it was a pleasant dream though, we seriously hung out and after seeing me she called me in my dream and we talked like a re kindling kinda thing . It was weird . @cynicalbroad @Mulberry

I did call to Amon to reconcile with friends and whoever had any troubles with me . Could this be it ? Lol

1 Like

It’s probably Amon suggesting that you two would get along well in the present day if you contacted her/vice versa. Entities like to show signs in dreams.

Last night I had another dream about my ex berating me, and when I asked why to my deck I got The Emperor multiple times. I have no idea what this means :slight_smile: I did ask Dantalion last night to help me forget about my ex, so maybe that’s just him showing up. IDK.

1 Like

Hey! I’m dealing with the same thing! If you have more insight I’d love to know! Thanks
(((Also when I meditated on the dream I started getting this frustrating feeling after and stopped then the mental picture I had got came back and almost immediately started crying >:( ))))

1 Like

Put your mind somewhere else. What you focus on persist. So you can start dreaming about me. j/k. Train the mind to be silent. Or tell yourself to not remember dreams.

2 Likes

Yea , idk . I honestly completely forgot about her soo it’s not like I’m thinking of her at all. When i move on i move on, i don’t care about it but that dream was weird . I remember the dream clearly and how i felt , it was relaxing ha weird af. But it is Amon he always always answers in my dreams he’s awesome!! @Octavius Honestly , if i dream again I’ll let you know but i let go literally after we broke up ha I’m not one to think about it too much after a breakup .

Question is … do they dream something similar ? Dumb question , i know … but i always wondered about that too.

2 Likes