How do I get past this blockage?

Hello BALG :wave:
Many of you have given me great advice and information that has helped drive my progress in Magick and for that I am especially grateful. However, for some time I have dealt with an irrational fear of practicing Magick. A bad habit of procrastination which is odd because I’m not afraid of failing because I know it works and I feel good when I practice. I just have a very hard time bringing myself to start anymore and I have no clue on why this is. It makes me depressed because Magickal feats are the only thing that makes me feel whole anymore and something is holding me back from it. Now I am aware that there are other threads on the topic of similar issues, however these unfortunately have not gotten me to shake this awful habit. It would help me more than you know if anybody would like to share advice on this. Thank you again BALG for helping me feel like I belong somewhere

4 Likes

So what I understand is, you just can’t bring yourself to do it, yes? Is it only with magick or other mundane tasks too?

1 Like

It’s mostly Magick but other tasks could be included.

1 Like

I totally do this. I mean, if you’re like me, and who knows, but if you are, you probably feel good when you do a lot of things, life is not horrible… but if you’re not driven to do it then other things that are easier, more accessible or just deliver more dopamine faster will take priority. I think that’s human nature.

So maybe find a way to add that drive into your practice, and at the same tie remove any obstacles that make it harder? Maybe it’s finding a new pathworking you can really get into, maybe cancel that game subscription, maybe set a goal to change something with magick?

Another idea is to set time aside in a daily routine to get some things done. I have a stack of books as tall as me I didn’t finish reading, so I go to bed early and read in bed for a half hour, which gets me the peace and quiet to do it, and in a calm state so then I meditate/journey/practice/use my astral temple for a ritual for a half hour. Then even if I did no other workings that day I still progressed a little.

5 Likes

In addition to what Mulberry has said, I also suggest on reflecting on what you’re doing. What interests you the most right now? Light that curiosity. Don’t think practically first (you should, but to get yourself to do it you need to first emotionally connect). If you think the practical is weighing down on the fun magick is, I suggest looking at it all like a child would-with wonder. Think about what made you want to start in magick, about that spark or event that made you go “This. I want to do this.” It’s all in the heart :purple_heart:

4 Likes

I noticed you mentioned you have a fear of practicing magick yet you know that you enjoy practicing magick. Because your feeling like procrastinating (flight response) what might help is to try just doing one or two simple magickal things a day that you can use to trigger the emotional response you want to have toward magick. What is it about magick that you love? And what are actions or things (this could even be a song, a cup of tea, or a certain room) which trigger that response for you? This can allow you to retrain your brain to respond to magick the way you want it to.

3 Likes

In practicing magick you grow. Your connection grows. Your vibration goes to another level.
This takes time too. Give yourself a little time once in a while. In these years planets move faster, we have huge retrogrades. If you are sensitive this could be a good reason that you haven’t got the energy, or you don’t set yourself to it.
After some time it will come back…

3 Likes

What is happening to you is neither unusual nor difficult to resolve.

Try restarting with things that are easy, small and don’t require a lot of attention or energy.
A simple candle spell or a small manifestation of something easy and likely to happen.
Don’t be in a hurry or have high expectations.

Gradually you renew the foundations of your magic, rebuild your subconscious self-confidence and feel safer to do more advanced things.

Remember that you control the size of effects and results. As if it were a faucet, open it slowly and let it flow.

2 Likes

update:

Thank you all of you so very wise.
It turns out that the best thing for me is to work on myself WITH Magick. Earlier I used a sigil that burns away my anxieties as an example. With time I’ll be more comfortable with both Magick and myself.
Thank you again BALG.
Also sorry I talk like a wise old man I’m actually 15
It’s just a weird habit

4 Likes

Wow, the most wholesome thing I’ve seen in a while. Gratitude to all who responded with your wisdoms.

It’s amazing you’re this aware at 15. I know you’ll go far.

2 Likes

That really made my day Lijen
Best of luck to you as well

1 Like