How did you get over your fear of literal darkness?

Hi, when you were starting out in magick and exploring, some rituals for example call for working in complete darkness, how did you get over your fear of working in a dark room? I know some people are just not scared of working with no light source but for those that were, did you get over it and how did you get over it? I’ve had a serious fear of dark places since I was a child and I want to get over it because quite a few rituals do call for complete darkness or working in a mostly dark room. Just doing it over time, multiple times I’m guessing gets rid of the fear?

11 Likes

I’ve never has fear from the Dark. These gold and red glowing eyes protected me from monsters called: humans. :hugs::black_heart:

To overcome your fear, you simply have to “know” the Dark, “embrace” it and you have to feel that you can became a part of it. Darkness isn’t your enemy.

11 Likes

There is always light. Just because you can’t see it does not mean it is not there. Try this, sit in a dark room such as your bedroom and start breathing in energy and condensing it at your solar plexus. Once you can’t hold anymore project it between your hands as a ball and pack it tightly and repeat the process over and over and keep yourself calm in a trance and you will soon see a form of light from the ball you are making. This energy that makes that ball is all around at all times making the same light you just have not learned to see it so diluted but now you know what to look for and can train yourself to perceive fainter traces of this energy.

Realizing you are never truly in darkness but just different phases of light and energy is helpful and gets you past quite a few other blocks as well you might not realize you have. It won’t be perfect night vision for a while but you will see the auras and energy of things that are present and tune your sight in to the astral layers closest the physical plane.

17 Likes

the fear die after you feel the highest peak of fear that leads you to euphoria

thanks to the King Belial lol

well,mine died this way long ago

10 Likes

I got over my fear of darkness when I claimed it as my friend. I always imagined it being a blanket of protection of sorts. One that nurtures, protects and comforts you. Whenever I’m sitting alone in darkness I’ll say to myself the darkness is my friend and theres nothing in it that seeks to harm me.

8 Likes

I think for me it was the idea that we aren’t scared of the darkness but what might be behind it. As long as you aren’t scared of what could be there which you cannot see, which is quite a big part of the occult path as you work with entities- you’re good.

5 Likes

I was challenged by someone to stay a whole night in the woods by myself, sitting at the crossroads. Utiseta, it’s called. He said I was too chicken so eventhough I was, I’m too stubborn to let him have the enjoyment of that. It was a great but one of the most terrifying experiences in my excistence but the darkness in my bedroom didn’t seem so bad after that. And I always slept with a light on before that. Since then, when I can, I go back to the woods. The darkness is always around us, light is only an effect.

6 Likes

On the one hand, @anon47923162 is right: it’s very uncommon for us to be in complete darkness. We can see in the dark (albeit not as well). So, you should know that you can still see and be aware of your surroundings.

On the other hand, when we work with the dark side, “dark” is metaphorical, not literal. Unless it gets to the point of psychosis, fear of the dark is not abnormal. Don’t fret over it.

On the third hand, if you’re working on bringing forth your divinity, working on ascension, then you should get over it somehow. Fear is very unbecoming a god/goddess. I think lesser beings may still be tied to or influenced by such emotions, but gods/goddesses are able to control it all. Key word is: control. It may not be easy, but some sort of control should be achieved. Acclimation with darkness while asserting your power, control, and sovereignty over the darkness should work.

5 Likes

I am darkness, so why fear myself

6 Likes

By accepting SATAN in your heart, all fear of darkness dissipates in a snap. Darkness becomes you, so you can’t be afraid of yourself.

1 Like

When I was really little less than 5 years old I was never afraid of the dark because I had a vampire friend who would come out of the shadows to protect me.

When I got older I learned to be afraid of the dark and lost my vampire.

Last year I reunited with the vampire as a spirit guide and my fear of the dark went away again.

So maybe see if you can make friends with a protective entity of the dark. Work with various entities until you find one that fits

4 Likes

Darkness used to be scary for me, boogey man and all. I realized early though that the darkness provides more security. All your human senses are heightened and more finely tuned due to lack of visual input. So I turned into a superhero at night LOL

6 Likes

Thanks so much for all the replies! I am so going to get over this fear of darkness, there’s nothing to fear about and i have to remember that. It is true, our eyes to adjust and see a bit in the dark after being in it, also i feel my senses heightened as well.

Thanks again so much for all replies, I’m so grateful to this forum, it always overwhelms me how much everyone is willing to help out here, so thanks!

2 Likes

I used to be frightened by the dark, always hiding under the blanket and closing my eyes in the dark. You just had to told me the word “spirit” for me not to sleep tje whole night. I was afraid of seing bad entities but good as well, if my mum appeared in my room at night I think I would made a heart attack :sweat_smile:.
After my first evokation at night it changed.
Now I’m feeling more comfortable than before but not at 100%, I can speak about spirits before going to bed and sleep with my head out of the blanket haha.
Sometimes I’m still afraid as before but it takes time to change :slight_smile: .

1 Like

The story is that I was beginjing to work with the Gatekeepers a few years back. I was in ritual and there was a power outage. I was left in the dark about to panick when a calming cold static came over me and i heard “become one”
And I Breathed in.

3 Likes

I got locked on my room on purpose when I was 4 years old and a fucking egregore was trying to scare me.
Since then I don’t give a shit about anything anymore.

8 Likes

Wow :fearful:!
At this age once I saw a skeleton lying in my bed beside me and watching at me… since i have been freaked out

2 Likes

Yes. I used to see a shadow with a dark parka, like the Reaper. It was fucking scary, until it wasn’t.

3 Likes

OMG!!!
To me it was a kind of batman shape watching at me through my window every night :sweat_smile:. I hate batman since.

2 Likes

It is funny. Batman hates bats.