How can i use the datura plant for clairvoyance and clairaudience?

How can i use the dried and live datura plant ?

1 Like

With caution, as it’s extremely poisonous and can hospitalise you.

There’s a recent convo on here somewhere about tea that has datura in it. If I find it I’ll post it later, or you could search “tea flying ointment”, it’s in that thread.

I would say, from a magickal perspective, or if you’re planning to go the poison path route, don’t buy it, buy seeds, grow your own and build a spiritual relationship with the spirit of the plant first. Harvest the leaves and experiment starting with tiny doses and have a sitter in case you overdo it and have to go to the doctors.

8 Likes

In terms of clair-abilities Datura is great if you develop the proper relationship with it first. Though I only recommend using it once or twice to understand how clair-abilities work, then I’d recommend using that knowledge to understand how to develop those abilities sober. Use microdoses, you don’t want poison treatments in the hospital.

After using it, I’d recommend keeping it to understand it’s properties in spellwork and ritual magick. There are books on the poison path and plants for ritual, but I highly recommend the spirits Stolas and Azazel. There’s others for different paths and viewpoints though. I wouldn’t want you to feel forced to use infernal entities when you’re in another system. :grin:

Hope this helps!

4 Likes

did you get better ? after corona .

Yes, my apologies for inconvenience.

1 Like

I sent pm

I fully agree with what Mulberry said, but I’d like to add something:
The effect of any plant is dependent on many factors like for example how much sun did it get,how was the air, how many minerals did the soil contain etc etc, so it can happen that you feel no effect with a certain dose, then you use more and then when you use another plant, the same dose might be too much for you.

So be extremely careful with poisonous plants.

4 Likes

Yes that’s an important point.

It’s also the case, ime, and based on older conbersations here on BALG, that once you have the experience and a connection with the spirit of the plant, you don’t need to take it anymore, you can meditate on the memory of the experience and take it further from there spiritually. That might be the same thing Nolan was saying, use the experience to get the hook you need to develop yourself. It’s not like the drug industry where they tell you this drug does this and it’s the only way to get the effects so you have to keep taking it permanently regardless.

3 Likes

Memories are really easy to connect to, and you can even feel the feeling you had when you used it last. I do that often with my dragon’s blood bark, it’s really effective. It’s important to understand how things work when you’re sober, because what happens when you run out of the ingredient? What if you need to use these abilities when you can’t use the ingredient? These abilities are extremely important for the spiritualist to have mastered. You can’t be high all the time.

4 Likes

Ill not telling anyone or encouraging what to do or things like that, so anyone take my words at his own risk, disclaimer done

they are very powerfull plants, using them “Shamanic” or “Magically” its not away from dangers by use and misuse, and sure they can get anyone to the hospital, or the jail, or the Emergency Room, or to the morgue…

But, some people smoke them, in very little quantities, alone (or mixed with tobacco or cannabis) in these small quantities will not make one to go to the delirant state… but to a strong meditative state, useful to practice to get deep and better trance states

Anyway i know that even smoking them could be dangerous if one smoke then too often, because the accumulation of alkaloids, so people who do this have to wait some days between takings, also beware than any of these plants can vary a lot of his chemical composition and percentages (potency) from plant to plant, or parts of the same plant

In my personal experience smoking or vaporizing Brugmansia (“Tree” Datura, and “Normal” Datura are botanically cousins), just one or two bowls,of dried flower before sleep, make a great state for meditation and that practices, would be better if one combine this with trance and meditation practices
(search for “trancework” in this forum, they are good practices to meditate and go and deep the trance states), and any practice than can deep the trance, from the alpha to the theta range is usefull for practicing all the clairvoyance, clairaudience, etc

a plant that could be smoked as a tool for meditation too its lavender, its chemically much safer, very gentle and relaxing (too much relaxing for some people that get them sleep easily if sleepy)

i wish you lots of success (whatever if you use plants or not), and always take care of yourself

1 Like