How can I send private messages in this forum?

And when i get member?

You just joined an hour ago. You will not have the ability to send PM’s until you have been active on the forum.

1 Like

Yes but PM are always better more anynomous (idk what the trust level purpouse is)

Trust level is controlled by the software, and is based on how much you contribute to the community. As a new member, you CANNOT send private messages to people. However, members can send messages to you, and you can reply to them.

This helps prevent new members from harassing regular members with endless questions that are easily answered in the forum proper.

You will not get PM privileges until you reach a certain threshold of activity, and there is no set time limit. It depends entirely on how much you contribute to the community as a whole and could take a week, a month or longer to reach.

2 Likes

This should help you get a rough idea buddy

2 Likes

thanks for the link

Edit in this link basic trust level (1) not member allow private msg

It was changed on this forum that’s just for the bones of the site

3 Likes

ah ok thanks
so i must now only be active 15 days?

I told you, there is no specific amount of time. Contribute to the forum and it will happen, but there is no set timeline for hitting the threshold. For some it has taken a few days, but for others it has taken a month or more.

1 Like

But in prevorius link it says 15 days (edited 2 times because of my fault)

It was explained to you by @Huginn that the linked article simply explains how the basic Discourse software works. The information contained does NOT apply to specific applications such as this forum.

Like most software, Discourse can be customized to whatever level is required, so the settings of this forum are set beyond the basics of 15 days.

Instead of worrying so much about being able to PM, why not actually start contributing to the community? Putting so much emphasis on private messaging is highly suspicious behavior and may lead to being flagged for the moderators.

3 Likes

Hey I saw that you edited my post… Am I not allowed to put email in a post ???

1 Like

It’s best if you don’t - firstly, bots crawl the net looking for e-mails and you’ll get spammed like crazy, secondly and more importantly, this is a forum about conversations held openly, so, asking people to e-mail you is kind of selfish (unintentionally I’m sure :slight_smile: ) in that it requires people give you 1-2-1 answers that are forever hidden and no-one else can learn from.

Finally, asking people to e-mail opens the door to scammers and spammers to pull the same tactic, “Oh please e-mail me” so they can harvest addresses to spam or even harass forum members. Bad actors exist and are forever looking for loopholes!

So, that’s why we ask people don’t do it, there is a forum personal message system I explained in the notification when I edited your address out, though again for simple tutorials and information, it’s best to have that conversation on the forum instead of trerating the forum like a metting place to form conversations elsewhere… things would get very tumbleweeds-and-silence if that became the norm. :scream_cat:

Forums are primarily about public conversations, learning, and sharing. :+1:

1 Like

Ok thanks I was just curious.

1 Like

No probs, always happy to answer. :+1:

I’ll be sending you a PM later with lots of info and links in, just woke up and need some coffee first! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

Info bout what?

Wait and see, young padawan… :wink:

(Srs answer? Magick, like where the good info is on here, and how to use the forum. So, not recipes for cake, expositions on the meaning of flowers in the works of Shakespeare, or diagrams of a lobster’s anatomy or anything. :thinking: )

Can you send me stuff on how to invoke spirits without theta? I heard it is not necessary for invocation which helps me because I have a blockage

Nope, I’m not offering to coach you 1-2-1 and in private (because, see above) - I am just explaining I’ll send you useful info later so you have some links and so on. :+1:

3 Likes

Hopefully i can get to pm too.