How can I communicate to the gods clearly || ask questions, be skeptical

I feel a common misconception in magic is that in order for it to be effective it must be time consuming. It doesn’t. It means it’s inefficient. There are +30min long evocations vs just thinking about the demon and he’s there.

A common answer I get is meditating
Define meditating. I think some people regurgitate it and doesn’t really know what it means or why.

I get ‘meditate’ on the sigil as an answer. So I just stare at it? There are some good meditating which require visualisation. That’s not the stereotypically meditation meaning clearing the mind and thinking absolutely nothing.

A lot of rules in magic exist like you burn a paper as a letter to the Gods. Does anyone ask why or how that works to gain a profound understanding.

Maybe you’re already an experienced magician, and these hypotheticals don’t apply. I feel I guess this post is geared towards budding occultists, including myself. Ask questions. I think it’s more honorable for Lucifer to have independent thinkers as followers than those of a lower caliber

PS burning paper makes carbon monoxide which makes cancer so if there’s other methods please share

2 Likes

Sure, " Meditation is a practice where an individual uses a technique – such as mindfulness, or focusing their mind on a particular object, thought or activity – to train attention and awareness, and achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm and stable state."

It also builds focus, discipline and willpower, and why it should be done at the same time everyday even if a person has trouble sitting still and keeping a single thought in their head or no thoughts for more then one minute is for exactly that reason.

Gaze not stare, sigil magick and evocation is an active not passive practice, intentionally pushing your will out into the universe, if one does either while thinking of absolutely nothing then absolutely nothing is what they shall receive.

That has to do with Detachment, in spells of any kind generally you build up all your desire for a specific thing and then release it all in that one ritual, the burning is symbolic of that.

I don’t follow Lucifer that much but he does follow me around quite a bit, very persistent fellow is Lou.

Bury them, use washable markers or paint, chalk, or just project them out in front of you using your magical imagination. Many options are available.

3 Likes