How attached can you be to the outcome?

Since I started studying the occult, every system I came across tells you to forget about it by the time the ritual is complete. That makes sense since doubtful thoughts will do you no good, but how about the opposite? What if you can think of it but in a very positive way? Do you think thay could possibly speed up the process in any way, or any other effect?

Itā€™s always been my understanding that dwelling on it creates lust of result. The idea is to trust that what you desire is coming, so just let it. If itā€™s something that requires action (new job, girlfriend, etc.), take the action, but detach yourself from the outcome. You should be thinking about it in positive ways, and with as much emotion as possible, during the working, but then forget it. Let the Multiverse deliver it without your interference.

Thatā€™s something in one of E.A.'s videos but I canā€™t remember which one - that if it does come up, just feel grateful that your results are on their way.

My own theory is the kind of attachment most people have (myself included if I donā€™t police my own thoughts) carries a huge sideline of fear and doubt, which provides reality with an emotion-infused alternate route, of failure. JMO, but itā€™s also a law of attraction thing (which Iā€™ve had good results with) to hold onto gratitude and the emotion as if the result has already manifest, so thereā€™s a degree of relearning responses to do there.

You shouldnā€™t act like you have it, you should act like it makes no difference.

That wether you have it or not everything is perfectly fine.

Feeling good or confident is what brings results. easiest way to do this, in a truly effortless form is to practice present moment awareness.

It really depends on the situation.

For a major goal, I let myself experience the emotions like my goal has already manifested, the emotions I know Iā€™ll feel once the goal is actually completed while visualizing the outcome. Then after the ritual, I forget about it. If the thought does seem to pop up now and then, I just smile and say I canā€™t wait for this to happen, reaffirming to myself that I know without doubt it will happen. Then I remind myself, okay forget about it now.

However with minor goals, itā€™s the opposite for me. Thinking about those goals daily and thinking I want that more than anything, I will have that, it is mine, seems to actually manifest those things in my life. Like if Iā€™ve lost touch with a friend and they got their number changed during a move and I too have moved, and neither one of us can get in contact with each other, I will think come onā€™personā€™ find a way to contact me, then not 2 hours later they call me and say they got my number off someone else or they found it elsewhere. Other small changes like this occur too. If I am applying for something like a job and I know the other candidates are more qualified than me, If I constantly think I will get the position not them, the HR manager will see something in me that stands out above all the others and she will hire me for sure. I get a call a few days later saying Iā€™m hired, even though I have no experience in that field and the others did, but they see potential in me somehow.

And these results came only by me thinking of them, no spell work or rituals done at all. So it varies for me, but may not work like this for others.

1 Like

Another little trick that Iā€™ve learnt, when you feel yourself starting to doubt and worry, is to look for ā€˜signsā€™ that what you want to manifest has already started to become reality.

For example, some time ago our flatmate invited someone from Scotland to stay with us for a few days. I really didnā€™t want to deal with that person staying with us at the time, and I knew there were other people he could stay with instead, so I fired off a Spare-style sigil, and visualised the person being barred from our flat. I was still worried about it though. However, on the night that he was supposed to arrive, as I was on my way home from work, I saw a random guy dressed in a kilt lol on the train going in the opposite direction. I thought, ā€˜brilliant! Thats definitely a sign he wonā€™t be coming over.ā€™ He ended up staying somewhere else.

When you come across anything that could possibly be taken as a sign, hold on to that. Allow yourself to experience the feeling of relief, convince yourself that it is an unmistakable indication that your desire is manifesting.

1 Like

Thanks guys! Great advice as usual.

[quote=ā€œtelgega, post:4, topic:5544ā€]You shouldnā€™t act like you have it, you should act like it makes no difference.

That wether you have it or not everything is perfectly fine.

Feeling good or confident is what brings results. easiest way to do this, in a truly effortless form is to practice present moment awareness.[/quote]

Yup - everyone has had a least one moment in their life when they have done something which if they look back and really thought about at the time should have ended in disaster.

Many years ago and one night down the pub with a mate of mine we decided to take a weekā€™s holiday to Ireland on the back of his motorbike. I booked the ferry and decided that the best time to go was the first week in September on the basis ā€œthatā€™s when the kids go back to school so the weather will be goodā€. Both of us thought nothing more of the specifics and got excited about how good the holiday was going to be.

Thanks to the total lack of planning we only just made the ferry by a minute(!)
and had a great week in Ireland. For those of you that donā€™t know Ireland itā€™s a very green country - because itā€™s constantly being hosed by some very diabetic gods and yet we didnā€™t see a drop all week.

The moral of the tale is that as we totally concentrated on the positive aspects of the holiday beforehand it never occured to us that it was going to be anything other than that and thus it was!

My experience with my most successful workings has been that there is a point where I can feel a sort of click in my mind, and then I know, intuitively but with absolute certainty, that my result will manifest. I think this is the true gnosis in practical magic.

Somewhere, I forget where exactly, E.A. used the phrase ā€œtransmuting your desire into certaintyā€. I think thatā€™s an excellent way to put it. I find myself just shoving as much emotion as I can into the ritual, until Iā€™m emotionally drained and collapsed on the floor. If I do that, I find that thereā€™s not a need to try to suppress thinking about the result - the desire has been emptied along with the emotion, and only certainty remains. If I should happen to be reminded of my ritual in some way, or if my thoughts should drift that way of their own accord, the only thing I feel is absolute confidence and a vague curiosity as to how the result will manifest, a feeling which never fails to bring a smile to my face.

Otoh, the times when I still feel desire and doubt are those times when the ritual takes several weeks to deliver a minor result, if it does so at all.

Iā€™m a little torn on this myself.

On the one hand, everything requires your attention to exist. If you are fantasizing about about your outcome, that could conceivably create a proxy version, and your magic will not need to provide a real version, because technically, you already have it in your fantasy.

Yet Iā€™ve had good success by keeping my eye on the prize and staying focused on my goals. Instead what I ignore is the difficult path to get to my goal, or any specific path I think it should or might take. Those are what fuck me up more than anything.

When you focus on something, your attention flows outwards from it. I use my desired goals and outcomes as starting points, not destinations.

[quote=ā€œArkhilokhus, post:9, topic:5544ā€]My experience with my most successful workings has been that there is a point where I can feel a sort of click in my mind, and then I know, intuitively but with absolute certainty, that my result will manifestā€¦

Somewhere, I forget where exactly, E.A. used the phrase ā€œtransmuting your desire into certaintyā€. I think thatā€™s an excellent way to put it.[/quote]

I like to say that you lock your will in place when that happens.

But to be more precise, I think itā€™s what they called ā€œStalkingā€ in Castanedaā€™s books. There were only two main skills in those books which which you can do everything. Dreaming and Stalking, both having to do with manipulating the assemblage point.

Think of the assemblage point as where the lionā€™s share of your attention is located. It likes to stay in the same spot out of habit. You can forcefully move it our of itā€™s habitual position, and they called this skill dreaming (because it moves slightly out of position when we dream). The second skill, Stalking, is learning to hold new positions and stop the assemblage point from sliding back to itā€™s ā€œnormalā€ position.

When you just know your magic is going to work, I donā€™t think it actually has anything to do with belief. Itā€™s because your attention is just locked down super steady on your goal. Iā€™ve tried to recreate that certainty through belief in the past, and itā€™s never worked.