Hoodoo

How dangerouse and effective is Hoodoo? Does anyone have any real experiences to share with working with Hoodoo?

Itā€™s not very dangerous so long as you stay out of the cemetery and cleanse after crossing.

I work hoodoo mixed with my own innovation and powered by my various spirits.

Have u ever fucked anybody up with it?

Hoodoo is just as dangerous as any other form of magic when you fail to take into account the consequences of what your trying to manifest. Go in it half assed and youā€™ll get half assed results. Plan out how and what you want to accomplish and things unfold nicely. As far as its effectiveness itā€™s my preferred method of getting practical or physical results, Hoodoo is like Apple, instead of an app for that they have a spell for that.

I remember you said you were practicing Palo so you should be quite familiar with the work as many of the spells are similar except for the spiritual court used in the tradition.

Yes, you can fuck someone up with hoodoo.

Yeah ill give u that. Palo is alot like hoodoo. Alot pf the spells are given to u by the muerto in the pot. Everything in palo is the muerto. I know alot of hoodoo spells. I ve read tons of books on that. i dont get hoodoo how just wrtibg someones name on a piece of paper and puting honey or whatever works without a spirit to do the job. Please enlighten me.

Because youā€™re using your own power. And when you utilize things like herbs, they contain spirits of their own.

This is something I donā€™t like. Some people are you dependant on spirits. Humans have power too.

Thank you Euoi, Iā€™ve said that until Iā€™m blue in the face.

If a spirit recognizes you as an omnipotemt being and thats the reason they do as we wish then why does an omnipotent being need help? Think about it. You have more power than you realize so why rely on someone else.

Thats like a weight lifter asking a ballet dancer to move a refrigerator, do you think the dancer will be in a hurry to perform a task the weight lifter is perfectly capable of doing on their own.

[quote="-TWF-, post:7, topic:3426"]Thank you Euoi, Iā€™ve said that until Iā€™m blue in the face.

If a spirit recognizes you as an omnipotemt being and thats the reason they do as we wish then why does an omnipotent being need help? Think about it. You have more power than you realize so why rely on someone else.

Thats like a weight lifter asking a ballet dancer to move a refrigerator, do you think the dancer will be in a hurry to perform a task the weight lifter is perfectly capable of doing on their own.[/quote]

Why did God create the world through the agency of his Demiurge? Why did Solomon employ demons to build his temple?

Divine power is the power to form the substance of the world in accordance with ones will. That is exactly what one is doing when one is evoking, binding, and charging spirits. The cosmos is one endless whirling of manifested ideas that are shifting and transforming and sometimes finding their way into physical materialisation.

There simply can be no such thing as magic without the manipulation of ā€˜spiritsā€™.

Are we not spirit bound in flesh? Do we not have divine power granted to us?

1 Like

Yes?

Exercising that power is exercising it over the ā€˜spiritsā€™ that constitute the fundamental levels of this world. If I want to make bread, I get some flour and shape it. If I want to cause hatred, I summon the demonic force that is that raw hatred and command it. It is like the universal ā€˜Platonic formā€™ that becomes the particular in manifestation, or if you prefer, the mental idea that becomes a physical reality. Fire -> Air -> Water -> Earth. What part of this isnā€™t being understood? The effort to change the world IS the effort to summon, bind, and command the demon.

Spirits are not required for magic.
If you want to cause hatred, you can just as easily raise some energy, program it, and fire it off.
You can consecrated poppets and work them daily.

People use spirits because itā€™s easier.
You think Solomon wanted to waste his time building a temple himself when he had other shit to do? Such as running an entire kingdom?

[quote=ā€œPoete Maudit, post:10, topic:3426ā€]Yes?

Exercising that power is exercising it over the ā€˜spiritsā€™ that constitute the fundamental levels of this world. If I want to make bread, I get some flour and shape it. If I want to cause hatred, I summon the demonic force that is that raw hatred and command it. It is like the universal ā€˜Platonic formā€™ that becomes the particular in manifestation, or if you prefer, the mental idea that becomes a physical reality. Fire -> Air -> Water -> Earth. What part of this isnā€™t being understood? The effort to change the world IS the effort to summon, bind, and command the demon.[/quote]

Andā€¦weā€™re coming to the same conclusion from differing views.

You donā€™t have to summon a demon, the act of will puts the forces of creation to work however you wish to view them.

Wasnā€™t Solomonā€™s temple a metaphor?

1 Like