Hindu gods never helped me

I was born and raised a hindu. Me and my family prayed to hindu gods, gave them offerings and prassads and they never helped me with anything I have asked for. Laxmi, Shiva, Vishnu and the other hindu gods never helped me with anything.

I have now discovered the goetia and I think its time to quit hinduism and work with demons from the goetia.

9 Likes

I can see how you feel like that, i was born into a Catholic family, i was raised with a lot of Folk Catholicism and the such. i hated it for a long time but as im getting more experienced i am learning that there is a place for tradition and the magick you where born with, ive worked with the Hindu gods and they’ve taught me a lot and they have been amazing teachers, what im trying to say is that there is always room for tradition and always room for breaking said traditions.

5 Likes

Is this your introduction @Hindu? If yes I could move it to the appropriate section.

1 Like

I flagged it for Eva to see if it qualifies as an intro. If so, then it can be moved to the proper section. it seems more topic specific to me though.

2 Likes

I was born Hindu too. I’d be lying if I said the Hindu Gods did not help me at all. I know that they’re generally hard to please with a few exceptions.

All the best with your new journey!!

4 Likes

Greetings @Hindu! :smiley:

I have moved this to the new magicians (because you’re new to the Goetia, and we have lots of great info to help with that) and Intros, because it is, cheers folks! :+1:

3 Likes

I’ve found that Shiva is actually a pretty good deity to work with if you know what you’re doing. Being raised up in that religion, I’m fairly sure they taught you how to interact with gods in the mundane cultural fashion without teaching you the occult like a Brahmin or yogi would.

After you get some experience with the goetia, I’d suggest going back and seeing if you can apply what you’ve learned to evocation of the hindu gods

6 Likes

Yes and Shiva is much easier to please. Simply mediating on him can make him happy.

3 Likes

Ganesha can fuck you up big time, although not as quickly as the Lesser Headless Ritual.

Al.

1 Like

what do you mean

1 Like

Ganesha is a God of Chaos. He can certainly cause chaos. I used to evoke Him - once.

Al.

2 Likes

Everyone’s path is different just go with the flow. It has less to do with the Hindu pantheon or the Goetia and more, way more, to do with your point of view. Magic is simply aligning one’s essence to a defined objective. Magic/prayers do not create: they merely align you to something in existence. Please note: everything, no matter how it seems, exists. Existence begets existence.

2 Likes

Well, this is the first I have heard about the Lesser Headless Ritual fucking people up. I always do it whenever I worry about getting out of touch with myself, making poor decisions, or being overly influenced by spirits and people. It has been a great help to me, so I’m am more than curious about the circumstances when it is “not” a help.

1 Like

I agree on this rhp gods are just do it yourself either that or their very selfish welcome to the forum

1 Like

how exatly to you meditate on him.

Do I need his pic or what?

1 Like

Yup!!! Can relate to that, I WAS Hindu and brought up to believe, pray and give your all to these gods but, all I got in return was misery.
I often felt toyed and ridiculed with and couldn’t ever please them.

My parents told me about Racksus - The Devil, Satan…the eternal punisher who will torture and torment you after death and wouldn’t let you move on!!!
Oh!!! but wasn’t the mighty god already doing that to me?..whilst I was fucking ALIVE!!!
The real devil is THAT god!!! The one most of us grew up believing in.

Anyway, I kinda liked the evil misfit dude and whilst I was no angel growing up I was always had an interest in the ‘Dark Side’
You’re not alone Hindu, welcome to the club🙂

2 Likes