Higher selves and sociopaths/psychopaths

From a non-sociopathic perspective it does seem like freedom from guilt and empathy would be very liberating, I agree. Bukowski (of all people) does offer an interesting counterpoint, though:

People with no morals often considered themselves more free, but mostly they lacked the ability to feel or love.

2 Likes

Thank you that’s interesting point of view. But still full of personal intellectual judgment. Who says that lacking the ability to feel or love is needed to have a connection with the higher self?

The issue here is that we identify what this higher self cares about and understands, with what we prefer and understand. Like “ZAMRAN” mentioned… the higher self is our connection to the all. This all, by definition, includes love, hate and none at all.

In my view, people are projecting their own understanding the same way they do with God. They’re just looking for ways to force their opinions and views over others. Giving their personal judgment some kind of higher authority. Next thing you’ll hear someone mentioning how the “higher self” will punish sociopaths and psychopaths for their wrong doings by spiritual suffering and how those people live in pain and agony but they hide it from everyone and they live all their lives that way, poor evil guys!

From my own interaction with those people, and many of them practice magick, and also from reading about historical figures with similar personalities… it seems that they have very strong connection with their higher self, not the opposite. Ant that’s pain in the butt for the rest of people who believe they shouldn’t !

Love is just hate smiling. Humans were never - ever - all loving creatures. They just sell it to others because they’re scared of their hate. That’s all. Survival-protection mechanism promoted by deception.

The higher self, God, loves the wicked a lot more than it loves the righteous. Because, like him, they are free. And he, she, it… loves that freedom like nothing else. No matter what’s attached to it. In my opinion, sociopaths and psychopaths are God’s chosen people. The higher-self’s favorites. They lack the ability to feel or love? That’s the point. That’s as close to a God you could ever get.

2 Likes

It does seem like a handicap. The people I’ve met who veer towards that end of the spectrum usually come off as miserable.

I’m talking from Christians (they do exist) to magicians alike. You get the sense that something is missing, but I don’t think it’s a connection to their higher selves. You gotta really listen to how they talk. They all sound like Dexter.

2 Likes

This is true. I’ve known some who wish every day that they could be “normal” or understand what others are feeling. Some even push themselves into bad relationships to try and be a good, feeling, person.
Of course there are others who don’t give a crap and there are others that seem to just live.

Who’s to say that the Sociopath or Psychopath is the one cut off from their higher self? Maybe they found the higher aspect of the lower self. It’s not as clean as “I’ve reached divine self,” anymore. The Shaman is probably right to an extent, but as far as to say that all of them are cut off is just blasphemy. Some people genuinely lose their minds when they find the higher self they longed to connect to.

Sometimes I feel like I’m personally one of them. Finally realizing acceptance is so powerful to the human psyche that some people just can’t handle that truth to life. A lot of us want to find a way out but never realize that you can simply accept things and understand them in the sense that it was going to happen either way and learn to fix those things… To me though, I think having that ability with mental trauma or emotional disorders along with a connection to a higher-self can definitely tear someone apart and leave them looking like someone lost when in actuality they’re just wandering.

Yep, we do love to project our own idea of justice onto the cosmos. But perhaps there are different kinds of Higher Selves leading to a distinction between sociopaths by nature and sociopaths by nurture; the former may be perfectly in tune with their own compassionless, sociopathic Higher Self whereas the latter had their connection to a loving Higher Self broken by abuse or trauma during early childhood.

1 Like

I wonder if there are any psychopaths/sociopaths that have successfully astral traveled since you mentioned it. And as for any that did, what was it like for you?

1 Like

No. Sociopathy doesn’t limit one’s occult ability in nearly any respect by a damn sight.

1 Like