Hi, I'm new

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:20, topic:3142”]So from that, your guys knew all of what the heiroglyphs & hieratic script meant, throughout the dark ages and Renaissance and all of that, and when western scientists finally found the Rosetta Stone, your lot were just chuckling at how those guys finally found a key?

Wow!

What do you thnk about Kemetic reconstructionists?[/quote]

The teachings are written, but not in the Egyptian hieroglyphs that you can see on walls. It’s a different writing. There are documents written in that style and documents that contain the translations. We were not chuckling at the Rosetta Stone, no. But the system of translating the Egyptian handwriting of the order’s library was handed down to the members of the order and modified even for translating in English.

Kemetic renconstructionists? They are not my concern, honestly.

Let me clarify some things. The magic we practice is not tied to religion. Sure, we sometimes contact the Egyptian religion gods, but we mainly work with our own material. For example, Ashpeth is not a religion god. It’s not even the kind of god people are used to contacting.

Right, thanks. It’s amazing how your guys made it through the fall of Rome, rise of the Xian era, could you please share some info on how that was done? Did your forebears mainly live in Egypt, or did they move north into Europe?

Kemetic renconstructionists? They are not my concern, honestly.

Thoth/Dhjuty? Isis? People who worship, invoke, evoke these gods? Or are they not part of your Egyptian magick?

Let me clarify some things. The magic we practice is not tied to religion. Sure, we sometimes contact the Egyptian religion gods, but we mainly work with our own material. For example, Ashpeth is not a religion god. It's not even the kind of god people are used to contacting.

Type of “god” plural, or singular? as in, it’s a God, or lots of GODS?

Thank you in advance for anwering all my questions!

“Right, thanks. It’s amazing how your guys made it through the fall of Rome, rise of the Xian era, could you please share some info on how that was done?”

Think this way. You are part of an Egyptian order. The order draws it’s practices from material that is not known to just anyone. How did that material come to be? It did not just pop on paper. It was written by magicians who got in contact with various spirits, from which they learned. So you know the material is precious and you would like to preserve it. If Rome comes to Egypt to conquer you, what do you do, as a leader of an order? You pass down the knowledge to people in whom you see potential and you deem worthy to learn and use your material. It does not matter where do those people come from, all that matters is potential. So this responds to your following question as well:

“Did your forebears mainly live in Egypt, or did they move north into Europe?”

It started in Egypt, but it is not restricted to Egypt solely, as you can very well see.

“Thoth/Dhjuty? Isis? People who worship, invoke, evoke these gods? Or are they not part of your Egyptian magick?”

They are not a main part, no. We do work with them sometimes, but like I said, our material is not religious.

“Type of “god” plural, or singular? as in, it’s a God, or lots of GODS?”

It’s singular. A god. It’s pretty hard to explain what Ashpeth really is. If you want to know more, feel free to invoke it. If you want to do it, do not panic, that’s never good.

Wow! Awesome! How widespread would you say your guys are?

[quote=“Insiomis, post:23, topic:3142”]“Type of “god” plural, or singular? as in, it’s a God, or lots of GODS?”

It’s singular. A god. It’s pretty hard to explain what Ashpeth really is. If you want to know more, feel free to invoke it. If you want to do it, do not panic, that’s never good.[/quote]

Yes, I can’t wait! Don’t worry I won’t wait about, it’s awesome to learn new things, and not ask too many questions or know too much “blah boring facts” and all that bullshit, so thanks!

By the way, what do you make of Apophis/Apep? Can your god kick its arse?

I’m very curious about this! But yes I am totally going to invoke a god I just heard about on the internet, it must be good if it’s so secret and yet survived the Greco-Roman and Xian and Muslim conquests! Maybe I’ll get prettier and have better cooking skills! Thanks!

“Wow! Awesome! How widespread would you say your guys are?”

We have members from various countries.

“Yes, I can’t wait! Don’t worry I won’t wait about, it’s awesome to learn new things, and not ask too many questions or know too much “blah boring facts” and all that bullshit, so thanks!”

The best way to learn is by experience and practice.

“By the way, what do you make of Apophis/Apep? Can your god kick its arse?”

Kick it’s arse? Why would they fight?

“But yes I am totally going to invoke a god I just heard about on the internet, it must be good if it’s so secret and yet survived the Greco-Roman and Xian and Muslim conquests!”

So did Haru, Asar and Aset and all the other religious Egyptian gods. And they are on the internet as well, aren’t they?

“Maybe I’ll get prettier and have better cooking skills! Thanks!”

If you want to make fun, please go somewhere else. I did nothing to offend you and I’m not here to spread bullshit either. If you want to ask serious question, please do, I will respond with serious answers. Otherwise do not ask. It’s that simple.

[quote=“Insiomis, post:25, topic:3142”]“By the way, what do you make of Apophis/Apep? Can your god kick its arse?”

Kick it’s arse? Why would they fight?[/quote]

Indeed.

You’ve answered all my questions, thanks.