Herbs

Selenicereus grandifloris is a species of cactus which grows in Mexico, Central America and the Lesser Antilles. Known as the Queen of the night, the tincture made from the fresh stems and flower blossoms are known to be one of the best herbal medicines one can take for their heart. Said to strengthen and tone the heart muscles, reduce blood fat, treat haemoptysis (coughing up blood from the lungs) and much more.

1 Like

Thats pretty cool, thank you!! You know I love me some herbs! :wink:

Anyone have some remedies for heartburn. Lordy i just got a case that had persisted for 24 hours. I think i have some ginger and aloe.

Iā€™m going to avoid the baking soda, apple cider vinegar, gum, BRAT, and others.

I donā€™t have any slippery elm nor Chamomile. I may avoid mint as well.

Iā€™ll stop coffee as well for now. I havenā€™t had a case this bad in ages. Naturally the mind wanders to acid reflux and GERD.

I did eat sweet during the weekend and i know that caused it a few days in a row but it was short. Today i had 1 cookie and BAM!!!

Just fucking OWWWW!!!

I really need to marry a witch whoā€™s a master of brewing remedies. Raise my inept skills. Fortunately i have some home grown ginger that may help.

Note: the ginger ale solution is terrible as i donā€™t believe that carbonated beverage contains any ginger. Its suger, carbonation, sodaā€¦ LORDY HELL NO!

1 Like

Magnesium. Most people are chronically low in magnesium. Donā€™t take any magnesium oxide unless youā€™re constipated. There are magnesium tablets available with no magnesium oxide. Calcium works too, just donā€™t take both together - unless youā€™re constipated.

Al.

For heartburn - DGL, which comes from licorice.
For ginger, get real ginger beer, not soda.

Seems the ginger and aloe did nothing all day. Bro came back later this evening and i tooksome tums. Theyre sort of helping for now. Im hungry but aint eating. I guess i should haveā€¦

Itā€™s by no means a herb but I take zegerid for my acid reflux and it usually takes less than 20mins to kick in and get rid of it.

Heyy, letā€™s get this going again!

I want to share a few recipes Iā€™ve been working on. Like @Spiced_Ferns, I have bad acid reflux. I take max dosages of meds and it still gives me trouble sometimes. So I made an oxymel, which is basically herbs left to sit in a combination of honey and apple cider vinegar.

Hereā€™s my current blend:
Yarrow, meadowsweet, lavender, and elderflower. All of these are good for the throat, and meadowsweet in particular is a mild antacid and anti-inflammatory.

Iā€™m currently creating a ā€œgood bellyā€ alternative with the following:
Lavender, marshmallow root, licorice root, and horehound.

These are very easy to make, and in my experience, very effective. I might also make a relaxation blend with lavender, chamomile, passionflower, and linden blossom.