Help with something personal

I need help with something I don’t exactly understand about myself. I haven’t told anyone the truth about this because I just don’t know. ever sense I can remember I’ve had the impulse to bite my fingers to the point of blood, and now still today I bite them. Now fingers are screwed up because of this. People would ask me why I did it, and I would just tell them stress. But even if I was happy that day I would do it. Once I got into magic and spirits I learned what a parasite is. So I practiced the lesser banishing ritual for a while and finally tried it out. After the ritual I had a bad headache and went straight to sleep. I woke up the next day fine. I went throughout my day as normal and nothing happened, but later on before I went to sleep I found myself biting again. So I don’t think it’s a parasite. Maybe a impulse? But even if it is I don’t know when I’m doing it sometimes, and people even said I screamed once while doing it. I want to stop doing this but I can’t. I would really appreciate If someone can help me figure out what this is.

Thank you.

You may want to see a conductist therapist. They’ll work on your case by developing any form of strategy so you can change this into a positive habit.

ETA: The right name in English is “cognitive behavioral therapy”.

1 Like

Alright