Help with my first, serious evocation

Hi. I am an extreme novice in the occult. My first real introduction left a very bad taste in my mouth: About 4 years ago I went to a Santeria Practitioner (S.P.) who promised that she could make my old girlfriend come back to me begging me to take her back. A year and a half later (and me $33k dollars poorer), the girl got married to someone else. Nothing that the S.P. said came true. She gave me $25K back after I warned her about calling the police. But I believe she cursed me because I had to file for bankruptcy 2 years later.

About 6 months ago I tried one of E.A.'s baneful magick curses to curse someone to death. Nothing happened. About that time I also tried to evoke Belial after listening to one of E.A.'s college lectures on YouTube, but nothing happened. I have done a couple love spells too, but to no avail.

Needless to say, I am beginning to think that Magick does not have any real, objective power. It seems like it only “works” for some people in the sense that it gives them hope; it appears that all “magick” does is assist those people in having a positive outlook on life and therefore allows them to see opportunities in their life that they would not have otherwise seen. I am skeptical that magick actually “produces” new opportunities; I think that it may just give the practitioner a more optimistic outlook on life. And that, of course, will improve one’s life one its own.

So, if Magick does not have the power to actually “produce” opportunities in one’s life, but only allows people to “see” opportunities that were always there, then I in no way want to waste my time with it. I will simply go to see a motivational speaker or something.

But I am not ready to give up yet. I want to give evocation another try. E.A. talks about the necessity to use a “working system” when trying to evoke. But I have not the faintest idea what that really means or where to find it.

So here are some things that I need help with:

1. I need some true stories regarding ways that magick has brought about true, verifiable changes in your life; changes that cannot be just chalked up to coincidence.

2. I need to know what spirit I should evoke to help create opportunities for me to become financially successful doing woodworking projects out of my garage and helping me find additional income streams so that I can pretty much just work for myself.

3. I need to be given a step by step ritual on how to evoke the above mentioned spirit.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1. There are lots of success stories all over this forum, try to look around.
  2. Again read around on the forum.
  3. Step by step instruction, can you find in this forum, or EA koettings youtube channel.
    Know that real magick takes years, and we should be glad that people with no experience can’t just kill someone on their first try. No much like martial art, it takes lot’s of time and dedication to be successful in magick.

Hi Jboy. If you want something cheaper you can get the following:

Summoning Spirits by Konstaninos

or

How to Conjure a Spirit < This one is 6.60 cents from apophis club, you can get it on amazon.com. It is volum 2 in a series of guides to magick. One is about astral project, another about talismans, they are all around 6 bucks. You can give this a go, imo. I just purchased the one on talismans.

Magic can be a complex subject. There many many different ways of doing it. I recommend you start with your ancestors, as they are your closest spiritual allies. Next to that, deities your ancestors worshipped. You can train yourself to see and hear spirits with your ancestors. You can even use them in spells.
Begin by feeding them with water and a white candle. Once a week is fairly sustainable, but you can do it every day if you think you can keep up. Just sit in front of them and relax. Ask a question and allow yourself to simply “feel”. You can receive answers in the form of visions, voices, words, etc. Write down these impressions. Use a divination device such as Cowie shells to determine how correct your answers were at the end of the session. In the course of this, you should have built a strong relationship with your ancestors and the ability to speak to spirits. Neat stuff actually, it’ll really help in the long run.
There aren’t a lot of booksi really recommend. They tend to limit the mind and put false expectations. But, I think Jason Miller’s works are pretty good. Lucky Mojo has an enormous archive of folk magic that you may find useful.
Also, I think that practical, DIRECT experience is needed for magical work. Miller has some excellent exercises for strengthening the subtle body, do some of them everyday. Consistently. You can also try the solar grounding ritual, that is a great ritual to start off with. Also in practical work, I highly recommend you get to know the plants, herbs, and trees that live in your bio region. Both native and those that have come to live there. Meet some cool trees, give them offerings.
So in essence:
Feed and meet your ancestors. Give them offerings regularly and train your senses.
Find a set of strengthening exercises to do on a daily basis.
Research common flora in your bio region and meet them. Harvest from them with offerings to use in spells.
Research gods of your ancestors. Meet them if you desire.

There are many ways to evoke spirits. I recommend you pick a system and do it by the book. You can research the various grimoires and books. It’s your job to research.

Seems like you have to work on your mindset etc…

It doesn’t always take years, sometimes its easy - actually its probably easy when you assume it is easy. But what almost freaks me out is that you actually paid 33 thousand dollars to someone ?

Seriously i had to read that part over few times to understand the sum you paid, jesus fucking christ. You must have some extra cash lying around… But yeah it pisses me off too if someone ripped so much money from you, but also proves that the dollar ain’t currency of witchcraft but something else.

I think paying someone who you wouldn’t trust for sure is bad idea anyways, as it can make you just stress about the situation more - it makes you to have more to lose you will think " What if i’m just getting scammed, she takes my money and i lose my darling anyways, then the santeria lady will have a great laugh drinking rum on beach at my expense"

Or so i could imagine, so… Just get some touch with magical and chaotic aspects of reality yourself first, and then proceed in thy missions with yourself and others. I’m not saying that purchasing spells is necessarily a bad idea, but i’m just hinting that it can be.

Pick a book, try to cope with it and don’t read too much opinions from the internet like i do.

By easy i of course don’t mean that you just same some phrase and you are millionaire with 5 wives tomorrow ;D, but i mean people have had really much success with simple spells. And it doesn’t require you to see or hear the spirits which is something i have had struggle with because seeing and hearing the spirits would certainly boost my trust to it… But then again i have had the spirits pull me out of my body, or cause me sleeping paralyzis when i have asked them to do so for learning to astral travel.

And my “luck” feels to be boosted when compared to average ( i feel protected ) + the longer i have done these things, and more the better i have felt in general. (So at least some get all these nice effects instead of horrendous haunting - although i can sometimes see a lot of energy moving around but it doesn’t bother me )

But yeah, also remember that if you don’t seriously feel the calling for discovering these mysteries of existence and arcane forces - and magic feels more like a obnoxious nuisance to you, remember that this might not be for everyone. I have goals that i want to accomplish by magic, and sometimes i feel like “fuck it for a while” but then i remember that one of my personal primary goals is to learn the secrets of life and everything… But not everyone has to do the same thing. And everyone can’t do the same thing, i understand that completely.

[quote=“Black Flame, post:6, topic:5777”]By easy i of course don’t mean that you just same some phrase and you are millionaire with 5 wives tomorrow ;D, but i mean people have had really much success with simple spells. And it doesn’t require you to see or hear the spirits which is something i have had struggle with because seeing and hearing the spirits would certainly boost my trust to it… But then again i have had the spirits pull me out of my body, or cause me sleeping paralyzis when i have asked them to do so for learning to astral travel.

And my “luck” feels to be boosted when compared to average ( i feel protected ) + the longer i have done these things, and more the better i have felt in general. (So at least some get all these nice effects instead of horrendous haunting - although i can sometimes see a lot of energy moving around but it doesn’t bother me )

But yeah, also remember that if you don’t seriously feel the calling for discovering these mysteries of existence and arcane forces - and magic feels more like a obnoxious nuisance to you, remember that this might not be for everyone. I have goals that i want to accomplish by magic, and sometimes i feel like “fuck it for a while” but then i remember that one of my personal primary goals is to learn the secrets of life and everything… But not everyone has to do the same thing. And everyone can’t do the same thing, i understand that completely.[/quote]

Thanks for your response Black Flame. Regarding the 33K: She milked it out of me over the course of 1 1/2 years. She was always promising “just a little more to get this certain goal accomplished”, etc. Luckily she gave me back 25K. Still, it really sucked. My goal is not primarily “spiritual assent”. It is mainly to obtain the things in my life that make me happy: Of course money is a goal (a person can never have too much). But equally important is for me to be able to make a decent income making various types of woodworking projects and selling them to rich people. And I would like to use magick to bring a love into my life. I also want to use it to protect those in my life. This may necessitate baneful magick at times. I don’t consider myself to be a Black Magician that is bent on chaos and destruction. But I do want to use magick to manipulate circumstances and people to achieve those goals.

[url=http://thebaptistshead.co.uk/2007/09/16/the-camel-rides-again-a-primer-in-magick/]http://thebaptistshead.co.uk/2007/09/16/the-camel-rides-again-a-primer-in-magick/[/url]

In six short chapters and one appendix, this book strips down magick to its barest essentials. To beginners, it offers a basic understanding of what magick is and how it can be worked. To more advanced practitioners, it offers an exciting new perspective on the definition of magick, and its relationship to personal enlightenment.

it is free.