Help with a Diety

A few years back I had this reoccurring name in my head… HLIN … it would come and go, but I had no idea who or what it was about.

Later I did a google search and came up with one resource

Apparently she is one of Freya’s valkyries of protection, but I found little if anything about her since.
She seems to always be with me, and I accept her in my life totally.

Can anyone elaborate more on her?   As with Freya I feel a great inner affection for her.

Thank you as always.
Chris

1 Like

Why not just do an evocation and ask her about herself?

3 Likes

Good point lol :slight_smile:

Connect with her man. Perhaps she is your personal Valkyrie or wishes to tell you something? Call upon Odhinn and Freyja in ritual and ask them to bring her before you. Then you can ask her any questions you like. My personal Valkyrie has protected me and has been such a big help in my life. And if I may ask, share what the Valkyrie says. I’m fascinated with these beautiful spirits.

4 Likes

I am as well brother, if I dig anything up I shall. :slight_smile:

Just finished with my working of energy to Freya, and I have to say it was the most powerful I have ever experienced in my life…

I adorned a glass pillar candle.....

With my blood drew Fehu and held it close and kissed the rim ... then adorned the wax with seed as well as the wick.

I lit tea lights around the room, as well as on my alter with Incense ( I like sandalwood) … and left some Cocao dark chocolate out for her as well, a gift … my blood , essence and chocolate to the Goddess I not only adore in my heart but have the utmost respect for…

With everything lit and burning, I lit the pillar candle from the flame of the incense … and closed my eyes with Nordic music playing on Youtube in the back ground I began in the lowest registery my voice would allow ( It is deep) began to chant her name, and awaited to feel the power…

After a few minutes I felt it through the top of my head and in my core…

I greeted her as a friend and thanked her for taking the time to come…

I discussed some personal things in my life and asked for her assistance with them, I did start to notice that the smoke of the incense started to be drawn to the pillar flame and would dance and rise above it, and at certain times after a question or a statement the flame would crackle almost in answering me…

I asked about Hlin, is she one of yours… Yes my pendulum replied and I stated that I have always known she was with me and that I would like to get to know her better…

Then the topic of my personal life came about, I made my feelings known and spoke to her as if I was speaking to dear friend, she listened intently and was caring and warm as I could feel her energy…

I let her know my full feelings for her , about her and how thankful I am to have her in my life…

At one point I felt the energies increase, and I closed my eyes as I could feel it strongly right between my eyes and my gut…

While my eyes were closed I could see a pin point of light that was dancing and moving, and orb so to speak…
It was brillianly lit this dot of light, like a pin hole to another place a yellow orange warm glow…
It danced and moved …

I spoke of more things and the energy seemed to increase in a wonderful way, my abs about mid area started to vibrate and contract with energy, it was warm and just seemed to contract and release as if I had one of those “TENS” units with the electricity causing the muscles to spasm, but it was so much more than that … Warm flows of energies in my head, my core and a warm feeling in my palms…

As the incense was burning low, I told her that I appreciate her coming to me and listening and sharing such energies with me…

Lots of emotion was felt and warmth even though no audible voices were heard…

In parting as the smoke grew lower, I said that if she has to depart I understand, but she could stay for a bit if she wished…

I then said it would mean the world if she could just touch my cheek…

Then it happened, I felt a soft kiss on my lips,

My mind? energy?   who cares.. I am taking it for what I felt...

I also pledged to her that in her honor I was going to mark myself ( Tattoo) as I have for the Allfather ,

I can not express how much I truly love my Gods, they are my mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers all…

I hope this was at the very least enjoyable to read…

I definitely be doing more of these in the future, and being more active with them in my communications and like those in my life I hold dear, always tell them how much I value them in my life…

My best to you,
Chris

4 Likes

This is great, you heard this (which is a common method for spirits to communicate), did the research, trusted yourself despite no doubt nagging voices not to, did a cool ritual! :smiley:

People make things so complicated, you just got on with doing the work. :wink:

3 Likes

The 7 in pillar candle I lit ( the type in the glass) suppose to take 7 days to burn, half was down since last night that I lit to Freya … I guess she enjoyed our interactions :slight_smile: and my offerings

2 Likes

I’m going to say, I am surprised you came up with a Valkyrie of Freya when you did the research. Hlin is a handmaiden of Frigg. (Now, many scholars theories that Freya and Frigg are the same, and I tend to agree with that assessment, and that Hlin is a byname for Frigg herself, as are all of her handmaidens, but that is neither here nor there in this discussion). She is the goddess that “is given the function of protecting those that Frigg wishes to keep from harm” (Voluspa). As such, her name is in the verb ‘to give refuge’.

Frigg and her attendants are such complex beings, we tend to think of them are very static, but they really aren’t. It is very possible that Hlin is also a Valkyrie, and that she is specifically associated with Freya, I’m not saying that can’t be true at all. That just hasn’t been my experience.

1 Like