Introduction + Help Understanding an Experience

Hi all- I’m new the forum. I’ve read many of your stories, all very interesting and incredible.

I’m tried to make this short and I’m asking for some insight to help me understand a recent experience. don’t feel this experience was extraordinary though it felt that way for me. Just seeking possible answers from the more advanced here in this forum.

I realize my experience is VERY small potatoes compared to most if not all here. I’ve just started magick about 3 months ago. It’s been like adding spices to my life. I love it.

I’ve never evoked or asked to see anything out of the ordinary. I do simple rituals to enhance my life. I work with demons and angles equally and enjoy both. When I do workings I will sense a presence (an image will come in my mind), I often feel a change in atmospheric pressure, and I will also experience an extreme elevation in my mood (almost like a “high”) but otherwise that’s it and I am completely happy with that. Again, I don’t ask for anything to happen.

My experience:

As I was doing a working (I’ve done this ritual before) I started to experience that extreme high that I often feel. I was sitting in meditation position doing what I normally do using concentration and visualization. At one point I closed my eyes to help visualize (I saw normal black) when I did that everything went gray. The gray started to wobble like verticals waves. I could sense my body still sitting on the floor but I also felt like I was somewhere else but can only describe that place as a void. The atmospheric pressure I felt was crazy intense.

I kept my eyes closed. My hands (again in meditation position) became heavy. I sensed that I was holding balls of energy in each hand that were larger than a grapefruit. In each ball there were 3 circular swirls going counterclockwise. I have no idea how but I could feel the individual swirling movement. All of the cells in my upper body felt alive and active. The gray I saw turned back black and a golden triangle appeared. Inside a very very faint human eye appeared but came and went so quickly. I was nearing the end of the ritual which had me calling out 3 names 3 times each. I called the first name and when I did the cells (I don’t know how else to describe) in my body did a specific patterned pulse when I called the name and stopped when I stopped. The same thing happened with the other two names but had completely different “pattern pulses” (for lack of a better word) which were incredibly intense but only in my upper body. After I finished the ritual I enjoyed this energy for a moment then felt inclined to say “it is done.” When I said that everything immediately dissipated. I tried to ground myself by going about my day but I was trying to process it all and wanted to have a better understanding. I felt very high for about two hours after. I did a quick journal entry and as I was writing I could see my aura on my hand but only out of the corner of my eye. It was light blue around my hand with a little bit of glowing yellow about the blue.

Sorry- I know that was a bit much but I hope someone will read and maybe share with me a little knowledge.

Thank you!

4 Likes

Hiya OP! That sounds like a very deep trance you entered, nice job! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

First off, I love this analogy, very well said.

Second, congratulations on your experience! Most of the time for me, performing magick is similar to how you describe it - there is a sensation of a presence, and a magnification of my mood, followed by an incredible “high” feeling. I don’t seek out “supernatural” experiences, as in my opinion it’s best to let them occur when and how they will.

I also think it is best to rely on you own interpretation of the experiences that you have. They will be uniquely yours, filled with patterns and symbolism that likely make sense only to you. There are sometimes more archetypal symbols that carry a similar meaning for everyone, but the way these archetypes are expressed is often unique for each individual.

I know that this can be confusing at first, and there’s no need to stress yourself out worrying about what these experiences may mean. Just allow your skill and understanding to increase with time.

To help with this, take some time to consider each of the symbols in your experience, and consider what they may mean. Consider the golden triangle, for instance, and the eye, and three swirls of energy. Contemplating these images without striving for an answer will allow your deeper mind to reveal what they may mean.

1 Like

I am so grateful that you took the time to reply. Your advice and suggestions are helpful as I have been actively trying to strengthen my personal intuition. As I was reading your response it came to me that there were so many instances of threes in this experience; a three sided triangle, 3 swirls, 3 names 3x each. I’ll keep pondering and not stress or force anything as you suggested. I’m certain with time a deeper understanding will happen. Thank you again!

1 Like

Oops … still trying to figure out how to message and reply. I think I posted below. Thank you!

1 Like

It sounds like you did enter the void good job! You basically got in a deep enough trance to the “access point” aka the void or whatever your preference is, here is also a link on a meditation to access that point whenever you want! Psychic Development for the Magician

3 Likes

I also love this quote. Magick for me is meant to enhance life.

I’m curious if you were working with Raphael, this whole meditation reminded me of a self healing to clear negativity.

3 Likes

Welcome @Alezra

What kind of ritual were you practicing?

PS: I added “introduction” to your title so others will know you followed our rule.

1 Like

@Aprentiz It wasn’t Raphael though I have worked with him before. When I get home I’ll double check and let you know for sure.

@DarkestKnight

That’ll you for doing that! I’ll let you know which ritual it was when I get a chance. :slight_smile:

@Marik thank you for the insight and for the link!

1 Like

Please do, as you haven’t really given us any information on your magical experience. You simply said you “do simple rituals to enhance your life” which doesn’t tell us anything about what those rituals are.

Part of a proper introduction is to provide information on your magical experience. We need to know what you practice, and how long you have practiced it, (I believe you said 3 months) in order to provide you with appropriate advice and direction, as well as to properly evaluate any advice you may give.

2 Likes