Help? Safe clauses "with no harm to my loved ones"

I wonder if someone could share their thoughts on this.

In 20 years as a magick practitioner, making sure that no magic result comes with dangerous side effects was always a concern for me. The old “monkey paw” myth always had me double checking and formulating my requests with extra care.

Especially because I am very family oriented. However, in recent years this concern has increased to the point where I become paranoid and it affects my efficiency.

To be fair, I moved past the point where I thought that any random fear could manifest, thank goodness, but it is still a stress factor.

Right now I’m very interested in the angels of omnipotence and the jinn’s Rituals from Cowrin Hargrove’s book, but since I read they can be so disruptive (although I worked with Elubatel in the past without any negative effect) I’m afraid to try.

I usually make sure to compose my request sealing it with “happening with no harm to me or my loved ones or anything we love, specifically so and so, with life and health to us all”. Corwin Hargrove says in one of his books (not the jinn one) that spirits aren’t stupid, that they can read your true will and will not bring your wishes in harmful ways you don’t want.

He is probably right and I have the impression that these “monkey paw”, wishes granted through tragedy thing was spread to keep people away from the occult. But I also believe that magick often takes the path of least resistance and one can never be too safe.

I would love to hear any other ideas to fireproof spells, especially in regards to keeping family safe.

What do you use? Any insights would be much appreciated.

1 Like

Some spirits are benevolent, and some are malevolent. Many of the well known Angels (I am not including the Angels of Omnipotence) are very benevolent and would not cause unecessary suffering upon you for calling on them or making mistakes etc. The same goes for the honorable gods. I would not imagine Thor or Frigg, or almost all of the Norse Gods to cause harm and play tricks. These are honorable gods. Among the Norse Gods, Loki has a more malevolent nature in some ways, so his worshippers experience a great deal of suffering.

So, when you deal with benevolent spirits, you do not have to be fearful. I have never experienced negative effects from the benevolent spirits and gods, despite having had the same fears as you do. Rather, I have only experienced good things.

You may want to be careful with the Jinn, as while no doubt some are benevolent, the warnings are there for a reason. You will certainly want to be respectful towards them (and this goes for any spirit or deity, really)

1 Like

Thank you for replying. Absolutely! When it comes to Gods its usually safe, although I don’t often work with them lately.

As for djinn, I would approach them with even more respect than I usually do with Goetian, Exus or others. I tend to make direct requests, being amiable and addressing them as I would do royalty: no boot licking but no “commanding” either, and so far so good.

But even with angels I’m weary. Some can be aloof and have a “this is for your highest good” attitude that frankly scares me.

I don’t work with Metraton anymore because he has this angel of death side to him. Once after working with him my cat was fatally hit by a car, and years later my father sadly passed away quite young unexpectedly, nearly 2 years after I used Damon Brand’s wealth book that has a Metraton ritual.

I think it is just a coincidence, even because it was quite some time between one thing and the other, but I stay clear regardless.

My biggest doubt is whether both Angels of Omnipotence and jinns can somewhat be restrained to work within our clause. “I want this to happen, but WITHOUT harming my family”.

As someone said somewhere here in the forum, it’s naive to go for the “with farm to none” clause as it could complicate/hinder results too much. I couldn’t care less if Putin or other bad guy kicks the bucket or bankrupts as a side effect to my spell. I’m past that goodie two shoes mentality.

But I do care about safety, and when it comes to spirits that are feisty or cause deep changes I’m always extra wary!

That’s fine so that the entity you’re working with isn’t careless about that, but it may not cover what happens after they are done.
Humans are also spirits and have natural magick ability, some more than others. They themselves can deflect, reflect and retaliate.

No magick is fireproof when you are fighting the will of another human. But you can put shields on these people to help make sure any ricochet or backlash doesn’t affect them.

1 Like

Thank you. I mostly work spells to benefit the people I care about, so I’m not working against their will. It’s usually protection, success or Prosperity magic and they are aware of it.

But even if I need to curse someone for a justified reason or self defense, I’d always put all the protections up so it won’t ricochet on people I love.

I’m mostly concerned about spells that bring about great change. I can use a breakthrough but no bad permanent changes please. What kind of shield do you suggest? Protection magic?

Disruption does not necessarily mean anything negative. In order to bring change, especially large-scale change, the current reality must first be broken down before the new one can be built, and sometimes that can be painful, but It is not malevolent or malicious. However, we humans often fear change, even when we ask for it, because we want to remain within what is personally comfortable for us. We value the security and stability of the known over the chaos of the unknown.

It is often said that we are pleasure seeking creatures, but research shows that we are in fact pain-avoidant creatures more than pleasure seeking. We will do more to avoid pain than we will to achieve pleasure. That is one of the reasons why our species is so short sighted; the majority of us would rather avoid the short-term pain of denying ourselves gratification than achieve the long-term payoff of an even greater reward.

In the Book of Azazel, EA Koetting describes asking for an increase in the flow of prosperity in his pact with the grand demon, and shortly thereafter, he lost his job. Now, this could be seen as a disruption, or a negative consequence, but, as one of Azazel’s Nether Lords explained to EA when he demanded to know why it happened, the job was an obstacle to the flow of prosperity he had asked for, so it had to be removed in order to bring in better opportunities. Shortly after that, EA was presented with investments that would bring him far more money than his job would have provided him.

I’m not sure why you equate disruption with harm to your loved ones. Shaking up your reality to bring about the change you ask for would not usually lead to anything like that. Generally, the disruption is caused by the removal of obstacles or impediments to the fulfillment of the goal as in EA’s example from the Book of Azazel.

2 Likes

That’s a relief to know! I’m a bit of a Sheldon Cooper when it comes to changes, but I’m growing out of it and I’m OK with that type of disruption. Jobs and projects come and go.

One of the reasons that I am concerned is that a well known Brazilian magician on YouTube mentioned it regarding the angels of omnipotence.

He advised working with them by stages instead of asking for overnight big changes to avoid stuff like losing your family. Not sure he meant losing due to some tragedy or losing because one becomes rich and a jerk and their wife dumps them and takes the kids.

As for jinn, I’m just worried if the archangel protection would be enough or if they will listen to any “harm not so and so” safety clause.

No one I know who has performed the ritual as written in the book has suffered any sort of negative consequence from it.

That is just fear-mongering. Generally, the disruption comes when your life is not ready for the change you have asked for. Elubatel gets a bad rep for causing disruption because most people who ask him to bring them wealth are simply not set up to receive it. As Jason Miller explains in an article on his blog, if your life is not worthy of the wealth you are asking for, then it must be made so, hence the disruption you will experience in order to bring it to you. This could mean being evicted from your apartment, losing your job, or your house burning down, etc, as anything that is an obstacle to the result will be removed. If you are properly prepared, however, with multiple avenues for the wealth to flow through, know what you plan to do with it, and have everything ready to go, then you will likely not suffer any disruption at all because you and your life are then worthy of the change you have asked for.

Look at winning the lottery. 80% of winners go broke within 5 years of winning because they are not “worthy” of the win. Being worthy has nothing to do with morality, and everything to do with being properly prepared for the change in circumstances. The majority wind up blowing through the windfall because they did not plan out what they would do if they won so they get caught up in the whims of instant gratification. Those that don’t lose their money tend to be the ones who carefully planned out what they would do with the money, they have a budget they stick to, they hire a lawyer or a wealth management company to create a trust, etc.They have made their lives worthy of their new wealth so the money flows.

Here is Miller’s article I referenced:

https://www.strategicsorcery.net/how-to-be-worthy/

2 Likes

That’s an interesting perspective and I’ll definitely read the article. I think that a lot of the magic that I did until now opened the path for the avenues you mention.

It took a while but I think I’m ready at last. Hopefully the spirits agree.

I actually just got a very nice reply from the magi I mentioned, and he said that:

-Regarding the Angels of Omnipotence, being angels there should not be any risk for loved ones whatsoever.

-As for jinn, he recommends that we instruct them about the people we don’t want them to be harmed in the process.

I guess it all comes down to drafting a proper request as Corwin says, following the protection procedures to a T and having a good safety clause to instruct both angels and jinn.

Many thanks for your precious help.

You also want to allow that your family and friends come with you into your new reality. All humans are constantly manifesting reality together, so if they don’t see or feel any of your changes, that’s tantamount to them resisting the change so that it doesn’t happen: they become blocks to the change.

Depends on the Jinn. They’re like the Fae, there are friendly Fae and Unseelie Fae: Work with the friendly Jinn, like you are with the book you have. There are even Jinn worshipped as deities for how helpful they are.
(Do not use any in the 79 Deadly Names book by Shadrach Nineveh, do not work with the Book of Smokeless Fire which are the 79 rejigged, no shade on then as people, but they’re not easy.)

Not sure about seeing or feeling changes, but my closest loved ones are pretty excited and willing to jump in! Not magic wise as I keep most of that to myself, but mundane efforts wise.

They actually say that once my projects take off they want to learn too and do as much. One of the family members is my sidekick. Only other one is more negative, not so supportive, sceptic (not just about magic, but about ventures in general) lazy, averse to change and sacrifice and focused on instant gratification.

I don’t know if they are a block, but I don’t worry because either they are in all the way or are out. Regarding that person I’m not sweating to convinced them or feeling “I don’t want it if he us not with me” so if the angels give them a proper spanking I don’t care. :sweat_smile: I don’t think they impart my magick.

But out of curiosity, how do you suggest I “allow” them to come with me?

And yes, I’ll avoid those books. I will stick to Corwin’s as it seems to cover everything I need. I’m curious to read Ashanti Starr’s books on jinn but mostly because I tend to read everything available when I care about a subject, and some of her spells seem inspiring.

As exciting as it is to know specific powers of jinn, Im happy with Corwin’s “Alladin” concept where you can just ask for whatever the heck you want. I also like the exaggeration part on a request. Go big or go home. I find that way more fun than asking sensibly, but that’s my personal preference.

1 Like

Just not covering them with protections so they are numbed to the energies.

Feeling is really subtle, and hey may not consciously notice, it tends to happens at subconscious levels. Picture being say, in a cafe, and imagine how it feels to be there. Now picture being in another cafe in a different country or state, and compare the difference. They’re both cafes, but everything has changed, the smell, the hubub, the people, the language the energy coming off the people, the weather, the land underneath you. If you can feel that, you can use that concept to feel more subtle changes.
Now, picture sitting on your own in your livng room, and notice the change in feeling when someone walks in.
Then picture the same thing sitting in meditation and an entity shows up.
And then before and after you did a magickal working.
All people are capable of feeling all these changes, but whether they notice depends on if they trained themselves to notice. But the subconscious always notices everything.