Help me reach the rapture!

So the last few months, ive been meditating and trying to get to a deeper state of consciousness where i can begin to have real two way spirit communication. My issue though is that although i can get to the theta gamma sync pretty easy, i cant seem to get beyond that. I’ll be relaxed in bed, mind fairly clear (with a few interruptions here and there) …but like, i just cant get as deep into trance as i want to. I cant get to the point where my body feels like its on the border of sleep and awake…which is where the rapture state is triggered. Now, i think a couple times, ive actually been in this rapture state, but its always been by accident. It has always been at night, waking up very early in the morning, still tired, sometimes around the witching hour…i had a couple past experiences where id wake up and see my room totally illuminated by a red light, or ill be in bed and feel a hand pass through my head, or one time i woke up with a clear screen of what EA would call static rain…as if i had been evoking or something. So i know ive probably been in these states a few times, but its always been unintentional. Now id like to get there with some intent and purpose behind it, but i need tips. I feel like ive tried everything, from binaural beats, to rocking back and forth, to candles. So far i haven’t gotten there yet, but i remain optimistic

7 Likes

Try chanting one of the names of the devil for a repetition of multiples of nine. (I use 108 and over). There is also the technique in Cornish traditional witchcraft which involves the construction of a “mazey stone”; a labyrinth inscribed on a piece of slate and tracing your finger in and out of the labyrinth while humming in a low pitched voice. Both techniques work.

7 Likes

Sleep deprivation is a time tested method. Stay awake for a minimum of 4 days, with the onset of the altered state usually occurring around the third day and intensifying on the fourth. You will begin to see shapes and shadows, and hear voices.

If you can maintain conscious control of the altered state, then you can anchor it to a gesture, such as crossing your fingers, so that any time you want to enter it again, you simply have to perform the anchor.

7 Likes

Well I’ve been considering becoming a hypnotherapist and I can tell you that this is a legitimate state of hypnosis that we actually fall into quite frequently on a daily basis. If you aren’t able to achieve it easily it may be due to certain issues like your mind being overactive.

3 Likes

Try a little “shadowboxing”. It’s hard to explain, but try to react to things on the other side of the veil.

Sit in utter darkness and/or blindfold yourself. Let your mind go sort of quiet but visualize something moving toward your face. Slap it away with your hand and see it happen in your mind’s eye. If you’re good at visualizing energy then use a ball of colored light and deflect it with a flat geometric plane.
Imagine a rail or thread of colored light. Move along it in your mind’s eye without your physical body. Let the thread twist and turn while you glide along it like a roller coaster. Feel the inertia and move your upper body to match it.
Try to sense some energy outside yourself instead of imagining it. React to that energy with your own energy and a little bit of physical movement. You can use a lot of physical movement, but people might freak out if they see you.

That kind of thing helps me. As you sense and react to the other side, your mind and body tune in to it more accurately. Intent makes it work better too. The things you want and energies that can bring them to you will stand out better if you are completely focused on them.

4 Likes

I take it since you are meditating you are able to calm your mind pretty well. Especially since you’ve done it for a pretty long time. Here’s something that came to me, exercise before so that you are tired, or move a lot during the ritual, like move your hands, body as in rocking back and forth or maybe even orgasm, may do the trick, the thing to move as move as much as much as possible until your are exhausted and your mind gives away, this is similar to sedr as taught by E.A in the Norse Pathworking. In case it doesn’t happen for your initially. In not to long you will be able to switch into state you need.

2 Likes

These are great suggestions guys! keep em coming :ok_hand:

1 Like

You may be trying to hard :thinking: it takes a bit of focus,surrender and a touch of madness to let loose the god within.

This quote from the book of azazel illustates it pretty well.

"Eyes locked with the flashing sigil, utter the Grand Invoca-tion of the Pact: ‘alash tad AI’ ash tal Ashtu:’ Repeat the invocation again and again, the imaginative form of the demon’s body solidifying in your inner vision, the incanta-
tion accelerating the movement of energy and power around you.

Allow the Rapture to take you, the repetition of the incantation overwhelming your mind and your body. As you linger on the edge of
unconsciousness, recognize that the figure beheld in your inner vision has united with the tangible energy in the Temple. On the cusp of either unconsciousness or insanity, immediately before falling into either, cease the repetition of the Grand Invocation of the Pact, and instead command “(Demon’s Name), come:’ Raise your eyes from the sigil to the billowing incense smoke, maintaining the same detached gaze that you held upon the sigil, now projected into the air before you. Repeat again and again the name of the demon, and the command for it to come. The demon will materialize in the room in a body behold able to all of your senseis in the exact moment you lose your mind meaning that as soon as the rapture has taken you completely, as soon as your evaluations and analyses of the thing on a cerebral level cease, and as soon as you give
your mind and all of your senses over to that which is impossible, you will meet the demon, face-to-face.”

I have found this to be true in my own evocations with the divs. The process is pretty lengthy but has the desired effect.

6 Likes

Try unfocusing and just feeling the sensations on your body. That’s the quickest way for me. I feel Lucifer touch me and bam I’m there.

2 Likes

It is a New Moon today!! I think trance work is enhanced by the moon anyway. Why not try during new or full phases to get where you want to get to in trance?
I read something here >
Totem Magic: Dance of the Shapeshifter

1 Like

yea i’ll definitely be trying tonight :slight_smile:

1 Like

So ive decided that i’m going to try this method first, as it is the way my father does his soul travelling in his church. I think i’ll couple it with fasting too. My plan is on the 3rd or 4th day, i’ll try to evoke an entity and see how it goes. I hope this will be enough to finally get a manifestation going. Do you have any other advice for attempting this? Do you have experience doing this? if so, id love to hear about it

2 Likes

I have tried sleep deprivation a few times but can never get beyond 48 hours because I find it aggravates my dysthymia (which is a chronic form of mild depression).

One piece of advice I have though, is to be physically active. If you just vegetate in front of your computer or television, then you are far more likely to fall asleep without realizing it than if you are up and about.

I was awake for about 40 hours once and was working as an editor for online courses at my local university at the time. I was reading the computer screen one second and literally falling out of my chair the next.

Plan your ritual for the fourth day, when the altered state is deeper and more constant, if you can. And be prepared for strange shifts in your perception. Don’t plan anything for the day that will require time management because when the altered state takes hold, seconds become hours and hours become seconds.

3 Likes

sound advice, thanks!

1 Like