Help me out. ive got a suicidal friend

A (long distant) good friend of mine is very suicidal. He talks to me most times but never wants any professional help. His suicidal side comes from a never ending grief and the way his living situation is. He does magic. Ive been talking to him a lot tonight and he is at wits end. And he’s gotten quiet. Im really scared, worried, upset. There have been times before he goes suddenly silent but then later is back. Its just that this time seeing his state of mind im very worried. I apologize for the venting i just feel i have nowhere else to go. I know what its like to be suicidal i used to be that way and a self harmer but he helped get me out of that. I just dont want him to slip between my fingers with his own situation.

3 Likes

I don’t know man. The most you could probably do is to advise him to get a therapist. Or just have a one on one talk with him in person. Try to get through to him.

2 Likes

He needs professional help. If he practices magick as well then perhaps the two of you can do rituals aimed at helping. But magick cannot replace professional help here.

Take a look at Archangels of Magick by Damon Brand, and maybe also Mystical Words of Power (same author). The former iirc contains a ritual of Raphael to assist in finding the best person to assist with healing.

2 Likes

If you think your friend is in any danger, then I would notify emergency services. Even if he is long distant they will be able to get into contact with him, and get him professional help.

It may not feel “right” calling 911 or notifying emergency services (some people worry their friends/etc will become angry with them) but in a situation where someone is sucidial, and a danger to themselves this would be the best course of action. You may not know where exactly he lives, but they can usually find out and get him help.

Speaking from personal experience.

3 Likes
2 Likes

you should know better than anyone. you’ve been in his shoes. you have more experience knowledge than we do about suicidal thoughts. Advising from internet forum isn’t the best of options. These things need to be deal with in the real world.

1 Like

@anon37593562 yes im aware of that. The thing is when i was once suicidal i never got professional help and my reasons were different my friend lives many hours from me so i cant visit.

As for everyone, thanks for the responses too. Ive heard from him again and he seems a little calmer. Im going to try to have him join in on healing magic soon.

@QueenMustang thank you for adding that into the post. Also seeing the profile pic you are very pretty :blush:

1 Like

Hey brother. I hope your friend still alive. Just tell your friend, to trust and believe in Satan. To light 2 white candles at midnight one at the east and one at the west and to summon Lucifer and ask for light and blessings. And at the end of his connection with him to recite,
RENICH TASA UBERACABEASA ICAR LUCIFER!

1 Like

I would call the police in his area for a wellness check on him personally. If he is talking to you about committing suicide and has gotten quiet, that could be very dangerous position.

1 Like

I just want to add a word of caution.
Do what you can to help him, but don’t start feeling responsible for his wellbeing.
If something goes wrong, don’t blame yourself for it, otherwise you will get caught in the vicious circle, too.
Help him, but distance yourself from him mentally.

I’ve been dealing with suicidal friends too. And I lost one. So I know what I’m talking about. But although nobody wants to hear this, not everyone can be saved.

You’ve got some good advice here on how to help him already. Good luck.

3 Likes

I will not venture into this too deeply. I will simply say that the compassionate act, if you are that way inclined, although painful, is the opposite of how society and 95% of people tell you to act in a situation like this.

“The modern barbarity of “saving” the suicidal is based on a hair-raising misapprehension of the nature of existence.” - Peter Wessel Zapffe

1 Like