Help identifying an entity

So maybe a year and a half ago my mom had a demon actually pull her from her body. She was in the astral plane and it was choking her it was a huge ordeal and she couldn’t even get out of bed the next morning. My mother doesn’t even have anything to do with the occult and believes astral/soul travel to be evil. So hearing that she actually left her body blows me away. She described him as really skinny, wearing a suit, and no face and was able to stretch his arms. I was wondering if there is a name for this type of entity. Then she saw him again just yesterday by our front door walking towards her when she was outside. I actually had a dealing with this entity the night before so I wasnt shocked when she saw him the next day. Well… I am shocked she was actually able to see him. So in addition to the name or type of this being, what could he want with her? Why is he terrorizing her? To feed? I’m not friends with him in any way in fact I had to tell him TWICE to leave my room. That’s 2 times more than I’ve even had to tell any other being. 2 times too many. I’m not scared of him but she’s obviously terrified. I’m sure I could ask him to leave her alone. I’m just curious as to what he is.

3 Likes

1 Like

Yea… I was thinking the same thing. But that’s just a creepy pasta myth so… there’s gotta be more to it. Right? She didn’t even know about slenderman.

Skinny and wearing a suit reminds me of a number of recently popularized “boogeymen” characters from urban legends and horror movies like Slenderman, the Babadook, the Crooked Man, etc. If she’s unconsciously strong enough to astral travel and see entities, then maybe she’s strong enough to inadvertantly create him by being afraid of modern-style scary stories. In that case, she may have to be distracted so as not to think of him.

I read a book recently that stated that strong magicians should be careful even talking to inanimate objects, lest they accidently call or create entities into that object.

3 Likes

It’s hard to say, there are so many lower level or unknown spirits. I’ve had experiences with a few, and I’ve never been able to identify them. If you can talk to it I would try that and simply ask.

3 Likes

Side note, I’ve seen the preview and it looks like that actually might be a good movie.

That’s interesting thank you

1 Like

I was attacked by faceless entities several times in my youth. Never discovered what they are.

It sounds like a thoughtform/ poltergeist. Generally you’d see them being accidently created by children or adolescents, buts it’s perfectly possible that your mother created it: All it takes is an active imagination and a few irrational fears.

1 Like

Honestly I think you may do better to call some reliable spirits who other people have good results with and ban this thing, even if it was “just” an egregore from people being afraid of these movies, it’s not got wholesome energies in the origin myth, and it could be something really nasty.

Not all spirits are out to help us any more than all random people would be, so I think blocking it is the best move, and ask a spirit you trust to tell you what it’s intent is.

7 Likes

Some quick research shows that an awful lot of people see faceless ghost-things.
Some info…

gesichtslosgeist

It has been put forward that a ghost who has lost all form of recollection on who they were when they were living is potentially suffering some form of punishment. It would be bad enough to be forced to remain wandering but to also have no hope of redeeming oneself due to not knowing who you are and what you have done would be much worse.

Some people who research the occult have discussed the possibility that becoming ‘faceless’ is what may await someone who succeeds in selling their soul, the ‘buyer’ only wanting the certain essence that makes a spirit what it is, its memory, personality, ego etc, leaving behind a kind of husk, the leftovers, that which is common in all our generic spiritual makeup.

4 Likes

That actually fits with the concept of Ammut the devourer that eats 0(forvere) the shell of the person who died with a heavy heart, so that they won’t reincarnate in that state and create downward spiral of negative acts.

It’s already covered extensively elsewhere that “karma” as in, do a thing and it will be done back to you, would only worse the world with each generation, as all former “bad” (harmful) actions were re-enacted to the former perp, and new ones added.

4 Likes

I like that interpretation. Makes sense.

3 Likes

Wow thanks for all the perspectives guys this is wonderful

3 Likes