Help identifying an entity

I’m rather new to magick and new to this forum, so I apologize if I come off as stupid and too shy. :sweat_smile: Anyway, when I was half asleep an image of someone flashed through my mind. If I remember correctly, they had an Egyptian body, but they had a head of a reptile. I tried researching a little, but I couldn’t find anything that could be exact. (I’m going to be honest here: I suck at finding things, and they can be right under my nose.)

If anyone has any idea, your help would be very much appreciated. :blush:

2 Likes

The crocodile is Oomothatan, I could be off on the name.

1 Like

No need to feel bad for asking a question :slight_smile:
What kind reptile was it? There are a lot of Egyptian gods and most took animal heads

1 Like

That’s Sobek, you’re referring to.

7 Likes

I thought Sobek too.

Or actually, Taweret may look like a crocodile head?

3 Likes

Baal is correct IMO … He actually beat me to reneging and saying Sobek instead. The original one I’m thinking of had a snake kear his mouth, a crocodile head, and possibly a hippo body.

3 Likes

I thought of him as well, but I remember a few different snake headed ones and the like so I figured details would help a bit

3 Likes

Keket, Kek’s wife, has the head of a black snake. :thinking:

3 Likes

If I remember correctly, the first thought that came through was that they had a head of a snake.

2 Likes

I should definitely look into the Egyptian pantheon, though. It could be rewarding.

I am surprised that EA hasn’t made an Egyptian magic pathworking course. Or Slavic Magic (Russian magic is quite deadly). Or Sumerian magic pathworking.

OP, let us know of oyur experience with Sobek if you plan on working with him.

4 Likes

There are two I can find then. Keket and Wadjet.

Either of these sound correct?

3 Likes

I feel like it could’ve more possibly have been sobek. The body seemed to have been more of a masculine and Egyptian, but I couldn’t quite pinpoint the head, but only the fact that it’s reptilian.

3 Likes

I almost forgot to add in something. I was woken to a entity going “psst…” quietly, but when I tried going back to sleep it went “PSSTT.” That means it could’ve also been sobek

3 Likes