HELP! Am I going blind? Or is it Odin?

I have heard of hair being an acceptable offering to Thor. Not sure how Odin would take it but it may be worth trying.

As for the Valkyrie in your dream, maybe Freyja?

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your experience but I am reading some stuff about how Odin can be extreme and demanding (like it’s possible that at some point, he would ask you to give a limb or to off yourself) and he can be even more of a trickster than Loki. What can you say about this?I really don’t know what to believe anymore.

2 Likes

It was a compulsion to do so when I read about the rite of the eye of odin. As for a personal sacrafice. And I’m very attached to my hair (pun time) i thought that would be acceptable. I haven’t done the rite yet.

And at first i thought maybe the valkire was freya too but she appeared in my dreams differently. She appeared as a beautiful strawberry blonde that made me feel loved and safe. Like the best combo of sister/friend/lover (weird combo i know). I know during some meditations I had to fight one of her valkaries and best her before i was allowed into freyas throne room. It toon me a couple tries to say the least.

3 Likes

Odin has never asked me for a limb or an eye. He has asked me to push beyond my limitations of my fears, mainly from the demonic which is where my path lies now (I think it was for myself to overcome fear as opposed to having any sort of allegiance with the demonic mind you). Whether or not that is extreme is up to the individual.

And yes, he certainly can be a trickster, usually because that is the only way to get people to take the plunge they need to.

3 Likes

Absolutely possible (imo. Its similar to god and Abraham over Isaac) how far are you willing to go to show loyalty? It would be seen as the ultimate form of fealty. But again they respect those that respect themselves and they respect freewill above all. And from what I understand they will fuck up those that bend the knee in subservience.

Edit: im also still extremely new to this path. But all those that have come into my life have been positive in my life. Pushing me past my limits and helping me make hard needed changes.

2 Likes

Makes sense, thank you.

1 Like

I understand, good luck on your journey.

1 Like

I would check out Gods and Myths of the Viking Age by H. R. Ellis Davidson. The information is a little dated, but it goes into both practices and beliefs of the Norse Gods throughout Scandinavia, as well as how the beliefs from each area differed from eachother. Understanding how people at the time understood Odin could help you understand him now as you get to know him more. And spark interesting questions

3 Likes

The puns have been epic in this thread.

Also, just reach out to him and see what he is like. If they make a request it is just that. You can say no and walk away.

2 Likes

He won’t cause you to lose your sight. He can be a very nice deity as long as you don’t get on his bad side.

2 Likes