HELP! Am I going blind? Or is it Odin?

I’ve been seeing things (no pun intended) related to blindness everywhere for so long now. EVERYWHERE! Songs, movies, and random things that pop into my head like when I close my eyes and I see eyes. It’s not even about “natural” blindness but the blindness that happens after having your eyes gouged out. Although to be fair, now that I think about it I’ve been thinking about Odin a lot and would sort of “invoke” his might and trance. Is this a warning? Or is it connected to how Odin sacrified his eye for wisdom and knowledge? Is it a sign from him? And what am I supposed to do? :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Stop tripping bro , have a beer and relax , you might just have a fear of going blind so you’re noticing stuff like that all the time

5 Likes

:beer: I agree.

@MisterWill2 just calm down. You are probably dewelling on Odin and him losing an eye so your paying more attention to those things. Just relax and do something none magick for a bit. Take a walk, call a friend. Do something else and come back to Odin later.

It also may just be Odin saying hello. Main thing redirct your attention for a bit.

4 Likes

Relax. When I worked with Odin, I had dreams of seeing an old version of me sitting by a fire, obviously blind. And I have heard of others having the same.

A majority of humanity values vision over all other senses. Those who lose it have a hard time as they have to relearn life based around other senses that have always been there, but were not relied on as much. But there is something to say about blind seers that tend to be portrayed in plays, such as Greek theater. They tend to see the truth that those who do have their sight can see, as they are subject to the external facade many put on.

Perhaps your notice of blindness is Odin telling to look deeper than what life presents on the surface. You could try performing a blind evocation of him and see where that takes you (essentially blindfolding yourself as you call him so you can rely on your other senses instead of your vision).

7 Likes

Yes I will definetely try to relax and do something not magick related, last thing I want is a burnout :beer;

2 Likes

See that’s cool I’ve never personally worked with Odin but it makes sense that ones who do experience something like that or similar. So it’s cool that on the forum everyone can share experiences that can help someone else.

No pun intended ? :rofl:

3 Likes

This made me feel much better and gave me great insight at the same time, thank you so much, will definitely try the blindfolded evocation when I am more relaxed :clap:

4 Likes

No problem sir. Working with Odin can get a little concerning at times, but I think that just comes with who he is. Even other he was the top guy of his pantheon, he was not as popular with the people who worshipped those gods at the time, mainly because of how fickle he can be. But anyone who sees the big picture as he is credited to would be as well. Definitely have to pace yourself with him.

4 Likes

What kind of offering does he like? I read that he doesn’t care about material things like food and should be offered knowledge or poetry.

1 Like

When Odin came into my life he did it through dreams, a bunch of ravens, and then lastly he sent a man to my job who had two ravens perched on his car and his middle name was Odin, he was blind in one eye and we had a nice chat while I helped load his car.

4 Likes

He seems to appericate pretty much anything given from the heart in general, as it is more about the intention than the offering itself. I usually give him a good beer personally.

3 Likes

You sure it wasn’t the Allfather himself? :astonished:

Sounds good, thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Lol that would of been funny since the car was pretty uh, less savory and the ravens that were perched on his car were darn near balding xD

2 Likes

Man that was probably him :sweat_smile: I read that sometimes he appears as an old wanderer wearing modest rags.

2 Likes

I had a dream when I started working the norse path…i thought it was a really buff valkire with short auburn hair, she was all tatted up with a vaulknaut of sorts on her right shoulder and three red rubies embeded in the points… The tats came down into an arm and wrist guard design…and she had her right eye covered by her bangs the entire time she was talking with me…she carried a bad ass spear as well. I never did catch the name and dint recall seeing her since. But I have had a lot of other really cool synchronicites since.

All that too say OP don’t worry. Odin will appear to you as you need him to. Respect for self first Gods second. Honor and stand tall. They respect those that respect themselves.

4 Likes

Damn im jelly @Velenos. You have some of the most awesome experiences with the norse!

I would figuratively give my right eye for that type of interaction (odin and all others please dont take me seriously on this figure of speech, and leave my left eye alone too its my dom)

1 Like

This experience did lead me to a necessary thing I had to do which was to toss a fragment of my soul (that was no longer needed) into the well of Mimir lol.

3 Likes

I thought about shaving one portion of my head and giving him my hair since its my baby and ive been working on it for the last 9 years…im still debating…maybe art is better…i hate growing my hair out…plus I’m vain. 🤷

3 Likes

Hmmm im gonna have to look into that process…i have parts that need to be…lightened still.

1 Like