Hello!

Hey all, I’m new here. Well… actually I’ve been stalking the forum for a bit, but today I just made an account haha. So, I’m 28 years old, I live in Philly and I’m LHP, always have been since a child but fell away into religion at 16 and things went crazy after that.

I’ve been a Christian (various flavors including a Hebrew Roots/Messianic cult) dabbled in Islam for a short while, and almost converted to Orthodox Judaism (only to find I was partly Jewish already lol). After studying the bible I uncovered more things that turned me pagan. It was there I started doing witchcraft, then I got more into the New Age scene, “love and light”, etc. etc. There’s more to that but I’ll cut it short haha. I’m pretty much an spiritual atheist now. I have had encounters with spirits and I work with my Ancestors, I just don’t believe in a higher power.

So, after working with my Ancestors for a time they are now calling me to New Orleans voodoo which was completely off my radar but it makes sense since it’s in my bloodline. I’ve been doing research on this, but what comes up mostly is “voodoo” for the tourists and Haitian voodoo which is slightly different. If anyone can recommend me some books I’d appreciate it greatly! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to the BALG forum.

1 Like

A book for that is the Hoodoo/Voodoo spellbook. Its New Orleans Voodoo based.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll check it out.